• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Target Triple Trade-in Value from 5/18-5/24

Hawk269

Nice man! I wish I had more games to trade in but I want to keep the ones I have left. Unfortunately they won't take about 4 of the games I wanted to trade in.

There are a few I wanted to keep, but I have seen these same games on sale for cheaper than I bought them and I got more credit for them. I mean, some games Target themselves have on sale this week for $39.99, yet they are giving up to $54 in credit.

Hatchtag

Banned
How often has GTA 5 gone on sale. If I trade it in now I Could get $51

$46 I think. But it's gone on sale for as low as $40 before. It'll be available for $30 commonly by Christmas time. Not to mention the rumored PS4/PC/Xbone editions would deflate its value heavily if they turned out to be true.

bigace33

So, the website says they will give me $11.62 for Fire Emblem Awakening. Does this mean I will really get like $37-40 for it?

Levyne

Banned
So I just take this shit to Target and trade it in? Do I have to go to the Electronics department?

Yeah. They have a "mobile" Kiosk that does it (Employees wear black instead of red).

I was limited to 3 games times 2 people. Some employees have been doing as many transactions as people want.

So, the website says they will give me $11.62 for Fire Emblem Awakening. Does this mean I will really get like $37-40 for it?

YES

Korezo

damn no Ni no Kuni, SSF4:AE, GT5, all I can trade is infamous ss and was gonna do umvc3 but checked prices on umvc3 and prices raising since game is becoming rare i guess. So with those 50 from infamous ill use for Mario Kart.

Necrovex

Traded in at the Target in Winter Garden Village, FL.

Had to bring my girlfriend since they would only allow 3 games per transaction and only one transaction per person. I was able to trade 6 games in total and get $215. I purchased a one year Xbox Live Gold card, $140 in Xbox account credit, and two 20 packs of batteries. I went a little over the $215 because they made me purchase things from the electronics section and I had to use all of the gift cards. Florida pawn laws..etc etc.

He said I could come back Tuesdays since he wouldn't be there and I could trade in again with another person.

Since I traded in Titanfall I'm waiting for it to drop in price digitally to $30 and I will pick it up again with the $140 Xbox Credit I bought.

If you haven't opened or scratched any of the items yet, you can return everything to get a legit Target gift card.

Why did I not bring back my 3DS game cases, damn it! Now would be a perfect time to sell Luigi's Mansion but it isn't worth it when selling just the cart.

Pangya

Just got back from Target with $440 in credit. This offer combined with the deal for Best Buy's Gamer's Club Unlocked means that I traded in some games for a slight profit. I actually see some opportunities right now to make profit by buying new games at Best Buy with GCU and immediately trading them into Target, but there's no point in abusing the system for a couple of bucks every transaction. I'm sure the trade in values will plummet probably starting tomorrow.

Aesius

Anyone else think they will lower the base trade-in values on certain games?

As someone else said, they're selling stuff for cheaper than what it fetches as a trade-in!

Flandy

Wait so you guys are limited to one transaction per person? :(

You allowed to buy Amazon Gift Card, Gamestop gift card, Visa Gift Card, or PSN/Steam cards?

Korosenai

I searched for targets near me using the link in the op, and three came up. Does that mean all 3 have mobile kiosks, or that theyre just near me? How do i know if they have mobile kiosks?

Xyrmellon

Just for the heck of it I checked my monster hunter 3ds and with the bonus it's worth 37.02 which I believe is more than retail.

Im in Florida though, so poop.

You guys that picked up Steam/PSN cards, did they let you just do it at the electronics section? I tried at the main checkout and they weren't having it "Can't get a gift card with a gift card"

You might be at the mercy of that specific Target or the state.

I got my card, walked 15 feet to the PSN cards, walked 10 back to the register and they took it no problem.

If you have another Target in your area, try calling that one and see what they say.

This seems to be a common problem.

I think a bunch of them must have panicked when this hit the Web and either immediately went on break or quit or something.

They also have their own schedule.

Since they're usually Radio Shack employees, they leave earlier than the rest of the Target employees.

Kusagari

This seems to be a common problem.

I think a bunch of them must have panicked when this hit the Web and either immediately went on break or quit or something.

The Target Mobile guys are independent contractors. They can sort of do their own thing, which is why this is such a problem. They're not even really a part of the actual Target store.

Levyne

Banned
You might be at the mercy of that specific Target or the state.

I got my card, walked 15 feet to the PSN cards, walked 10 back to the register and they took it no problem.

If you have another Target in your area, try calling that one and see what they say.

Yeah I think I'll head back and try at the register within electronics, and not up front.

If not, I guess I can just wait for Target specific sales, not a big deal.

MrDeeds

Neo Member
Just traded 5 games for a total of about $180 credit (had to split it into 2 transactions). I actually still had my GameCube Wind Waker and got $30 for it. Also ridiculous - AC IV (PS4) I got $51. There was a person ahead of me doing the exact same thing. No way these values are going to stay this high all week, as one could VERY easily abuse the system. Mobile guy also looked like he hated life - probably was doing trade-ins all day. Great deal while it lasts though.

Xyrmellon

I love it when these chains do promotions like this and have no forethought to demand and possible scenarios that might play out.

The whole thing turns into ymmv. Every store has different rules.

Now im reading some Florida stores are doing gift cards.

cwistofu

It looks like PS2 games have all dropped from $5 to a little less than $3 base price. Bummer!

EDIT: Only some PS2 games. I guess Kingdom Hearts dropped fast because a lot of people were trading it in.

RedAssedApe

Banned
lol...the mobile guys probably rarely see a trade-in. i went to my target around opening and none of the electronics section guys knew about the deal...were wondering why i was already trading in infamous.

so yeah they are probably hating life now that the word is out.

dolabla

Don't know what time it is where you guys live, but the Mobile guy told me they close at 6. That's why I wasn't able to make it up there.

Phatmac

Made $217.54 off six games. (Bravely default, Last of us, dark souls 2, Pokemon x, Pokemon soul silver, and Mario & luigi dream team). Gonna be able to buy a ps4 soon thanks to gaf!!

Dartastic

I wish i still had all the old games I had in collection, this deal is crazy

Damn dude. Now that is the way to do it! Welcome aboard the Xbox One train! lol. Search the Xbox One Gamer Tag thread if you want to add some friends on Live.
I had no intention to buy an Xbox One for a long, long time because it was just too expensive. The only three newer games I got rid of were BF4 (PS4) The Last of Us (PS3) and GTAV (360). The other games I traded in were fucking GAMECUBE games (Mario Kart, Twin Snakes, Mario Sunshine, Wind Waker) and a couple 3DS games (Kid Icarus, Mario Kart 7.) Oh, I also got rid of Yakuza 2.

How in the world did I get over $360 dollars for those games? Fucking insane deal, if you have older stuff you don't care about and want to offload. Not to mention that when I get Mario Kart 8, I'll get a free downloadable copy of Wind Waker HD, and TLO is now going to be outdated because there's a PS4 version I'm going to pick up. Insanely good deal. Oh, I also got BF4 as part of that nuts winter deal at Target where I got 3 games for 80ish bucks. Hah.

MrDeeds

Neo Member
So what are the chances the trade in values will plummet tomorrow? Has Target done this before?
I would say there's a pretty good chance values drop. PS2 game values already have. If they have it linked to some nationwide registry, I would imagine game values would automatically decrease once the quantity they receive hits some certain level.

So what are the chances the trade in values will plummet tomorrow? Has Target done this before?

Pretty good. Back when iPad Airs were released Target had a trade in deal where you could trade in the very first iPad and still get $200. Lasted the first Sunday of the deal and then changed the value.

I feel like I'm going to miss out, I'm going to Target tomorrow. Anybody in NYC did it already? Says the closest target with mobile to me is in NJ. I live in Brooklyn

U2NUMB

Wondering if anyone has had any issues with any Vita games as in most have no insert at all.. I want to trade in Tearaway for 27 bucks but the game had no insert, wonder if the employee's dock that even if it was never there to begin with?

Darn it the mobile guy at my local target already went home. Hope prices don't plummet overnight for this as I have around $400 in games sitting here.

Top Bottom