• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tatsunoko vs. Capcom for Wii Finally Confirmed !!!

Zabka

borghe said:
but frankly, the 360 is as close to becoming the fighter console as it is to becoming the platformer console. :\ In over 3 years time it will have gotten two notable franchises (sorry DOA and SC). Meanwhile PS3 will have 3 (VF, SF, Tekken). Wii will now have 2 (CvX, GG, not counting anthologies). What does all of this tell you? It tells me that the PS2 is still the fighter system of choice, that's what. And that bar a release here or there the next gen field is currently wide open for fighters. You can pound your chest that PS360 will get the fighters all you want, but as far as core fighting games go, they're still being split among all three systems or else going back to the PS2.
Are you trying to argue for the consumer or for the hardcore/tournament fighting enthusiast?

Either way, you can't just say "These million selling franchises don't count", throw in Guilty Gear, and ignore things like the online play in VF5 or the recently released Samurai Shodown 2 for XBLA.

mollipen

borghe said:
but frankly, the 360 is as close to becoming the fighter console as it is to becoming the platformer console. :\ In over 3 years time it will have gotten two notable franchises (sorry DOA and SC). Meanwhile PS3 will have 3 (VF, SF, Tekken). Wii will now have 2 (CvX, GG, not counting anthologies). What does all of this tell you?

Waitwaitwait... first of all, you're writing off games like Dead or Alive and Soul Calibur but making a big deal out of trash like Tekken? (Obviously personal opinion there, but really, no way can you just brush aside those two games and then still count Tekken.)

Second, Xbox 360 got the better Virtua Fighter 5, as the PS3 version isn't online.

Finally, Xbox 360 / PS3 have either recent or upcoming stuff like Battle Fantasia, Street Fighter 4, King of Fighters XII, Mortal Kombat vs. DC (as much as I can't believe MK even thinks it should still exist in this world), Super Street Fighter II HD, and Samurai Shodown: Edge of Destiny, off the top of my head. None of those are currently set for the Wii. You've also got stuff like BlazBlue, which will no doubt hit the PS360 and not the Wii (unless Arc is willing to negate one of the main selling points of the game, its HD-ness).

Then mix in XBLA-specific stuff, and I don't think it's surprising that people would consider the Xbox 360 to be the "fighting game" system of the three current offerings.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
You guys should visit the Tatsunoko vs. Capcom thread. We already know Karas and PTX-40A there a lot earlier... heck, another Tatsunoko character named Daimaoh from Hakushon Daimaoh (Genie Family/Bob and the Magic Bottle) will come!

Eteric Rice

Who knows whats going to happen. It's pretty likely that the Wii will get SF4 eventually as well.

From what I was told in another thread, Japan really doesn't care much for HD on their arcade games. It's likely that they're more worried about style than anything.

But, arcades aren't my specialty, so you'd have to ask someone who keeps up on that kind of thing.

Arino kachou

Lol, already a troll on the youtube comments.

Azure J

Eteric Rice said:
Who knows whats going to happen. It's pretty likely that the Wii will get SF4 eventually as well.

From what I was told in another thread, Japan really doesn't care much for HD on their arcade games. It's likely that they're more worried about style than anything.

Faith in Japan +1 for that. As for TatsuCap, can't wait. This is something to get excited for.

Ookami-kun said:
And it has been confirmed that the arcade is a wii-combatible board.

No. Some (Japanese) sites claimed so, but there is still no evidence to prove that. They couldn't even name the board other than saying "Wii-compatible".

I dont see why this game wouldnt be possible on the wii from a visual standpoint. If the ps2 can crank out something as gorgeously detailed as tekken 5(which still looks good too this day), then why wouldnt the wii be able to push this game? It looks fucking awesome, but its not some sort of technical marvel.

Eteric Rice

abstract alien said:
I dont see why this game wouldnt be possible on the wii from a visual standpoint. If the ps2 can crank out something as gorgeously detailed as tekken 5(which still looks good too this day), then why wouldnt the wii be able to push this game? It looks fucking awesome, but its not some sort of technical marvel.

Of course.

I think people are just so used to third parties not trying, that anything remotely good looking is mind blowing to some people.

GAF seems to have quickly forgotten just what last gen was capable of. :D

ccbfan

Wait does this have any chance of being released in the U.S?

I really don't want to mess with my Wii to play this. Especially with new firmwares and stuff. Nintendo has already show disproval of playing imports by killing the freeloader.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
ccbfan said:

Of course! Also, MOTHER 3 is gonna launch next month in North America and Europe.

ccbfan said:
I really don't want to mess with my Wii to play this. Especially with new firmwares and stuff. Nintendo has already show disproval of playing imports by killing the freeloader.

Twilight Hack your Wii and stop complaining.

yurinka

ccbfan said:

Looks like Japan is the only country where the rights of all the TV series included in the game are managed by 1 company (Tatsunoko).

In USA and in all European countries, almost each series are managed by a different company, who isn't the same for every country. It means a lot of work and a lot of money. So it's very, very unlikely.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
ccbfan said:

Capcom's apparently "working on it", so maybe.

Boss Doggie

AnimeTheme said:
No. Some (Japanese) sites claimed so, but there is still no evidence to prove that. They couldn't even name the board other than saying "Wii-compatible".

JAMMA meet much? It's confirmed (still waiting for the translation of the name though).

TreIII

yurinka said:
Looks like Japan is the only country where the rights of all the TV series included in the game are managed by 1 company (Tatsunoko).

In USA and in all European countries, almost each series are managed by a different company, who isn't the same for every country. It means a lot of work and a lot of money. So it's very, very unlikely.

Actually, it's to the point where even some characters from Tatsunoko's stable can't get in without some issues, and we're talking about such a thing in Japan, no less.

Kyatto Ninden(Samurai Pizza Cats)? Nurse Witch Komugi? Technically, others had their hands in the pot during the likes of these shows' production, so, if they were to be included, Tatsu and Capcom would have to talk to those other parties (which would Sotsu Agency, or rather, parent company Bandai-Namco, in Kyatto's case).

If such a thing is already pretty unsightly in Japan, DON'T bank on an American release.

Boss Doggie

Yeah. Most of the later 80's and so on are co-owned by Tatsunoko, not fully-owned. Heck, it makes me wonder how much did Tatsunoko and Capcom paid Karas's owner just to get in the game.

nightside

yurinka said:

not so sure about Europe...years ago the rights were managed mostly by Dynamic ( in italy, spain, belgium, france and holland iiirc). Today all tatsunoko characters rights are managed (in italy) by dynit, but don't know about the rest of europe.

Anony

so i noticed the new set of screenshots at http://news.dengeki.com/elem/000/000/107/107243/

they look why worse than the initial batch on the first pages of this thread
you can tell it's lower polygons and worse textures
also, i know there it's jpg quality, but the first batch is definitely AA'd and the new screenshots, you can tell there's aliasing

so is the first batch of screenshots from the arcades or rendered?

Gagaman

Nurse Witch Komugi was co-produced with Pioneer a quite a few other studios, according to Wiki. Not that we'd want that loli shit in this game, anyway. Samurai Pizza cats was also a co-production with another studio, so probably no go there, either. Shame, I would of love to have seen those three in. =(

I'm starting to wonder if Speed Racer is going to get a spot yet or not. You can't make a Tatsunoko game without the ol' Mach Gogogo. Even if the Mach 5 and some of the cast were just in a background cheering you on that'd be fine by me.

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
Gagaman said:
Nurse Witch Komugi was co-produced with Pioneer a quite a few other studios, according to Wiki. Not that we'd want that loli shit in this game, anyway. Samurai Pizza cats was also a co-production with another studio, so probably no go there, either. Shame, I would of love to have seen those three in. =(

I'm starting to wonder if Speed Racer is going to get a spot yet or not. You can't make a Tatsunoko game without the ol' Mach Gogogo. Even if the Mach 5 and some of the cast were just in a background cheering you on that'd be fine by me.
Damn shame. I would have loved to see Speedy and the crew in a new game.

TreIII

Gagaman said:

Go Mifune (Speed) is basically the last of the "Must Haves" on the Tatsunoko side (where Gatchaman, Casshern, Yatterman and Doronjo were the others).

Barring Capcom being on some powerful crack (more than usual! :lol), Go is practically confirmed. Not to mention his VA is also the same guy who does Ken the Eagle and Tekkaman, so they might as well get the most bang for their buck and have the guy do all 3 of the roles that made him a household name in Japan.

Boss Doggie

Anony said:
so i noticed the new set of screenshots at http://news.dengeki.com/elem/000/000/107/107243/

they look why worse than the initial batch on the first pages of this thread
you can tell it's lower polygons and worse textures
also, i know there it's jpg quality, but the first batch is definitely AA'd and the new screenshots, you can tell there's aliasing

so is the first batch of screenshots from the arcades or rendered?

Someone said here that it's just poor aliasing in the screenshots. The actual game will be beautiful.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
farnham said:
with this confirmed i really dont see a reason for capcom to not port SF IV to the Wii

Not really, this game has ps2/wii quality graphics, nothing really next gen about the looks, models, textures or shader work

SF IV on the other hand ...

So the arcade and the Wii version will be released almost at the same time, which is rare since arcade game is usually released first at least several months ahead of the console version. I dunno what Capcom have in mind.

Tenbatsu

AnimeTheme said:
So the arcade and the Wii version will be released almost at the same time, which is rare since arcade game is usually released first at least several months ahead of the console version. I dunno what Capcom have in mind.
They will make more Wii compatible arcade games starting with this, thats whats in their mind.

TreIII

AnimeTheme said:

It wouldn't be the first time they did something like this.

Hell, Marvel vs. Capcom 2 was done in a similar fashion, where the Naomi version and the DC port, were practically released in tandem in Japan, back in 2000.

It appears that they're trying to do the same thing here....thankfully, there doesn't seem to be any scams involved this time (as was the case with that VMU trading thing that caused some groaning amongst friends of mine in Japan). :lol

Boss Doggie

You think this game would release an OST?

And... you think this game will be in Dual Layer DVD?

Tenbatsu said:
They will make more Wii compatible arcade games starting with this, thats whats in their mind.

The point is, releasing them at the same time usually hurt sales, especially for the arcade game. People have been talking about console gaming killing arcade games.... but now they are releasing them at the same time? Or do Capcom have so much confidence they won't affect each other, like hardcores sticking to the arcade version while the Wii version attracts new casual gamers?

Economan

AnimeTheme said:
The point is, releasing them at the same time usually hurt sales, especially for the arcade game. People have been talking about console gaming killing arcade games.... but now they are releasing them at the same time? Or do Capcom have so much confidence they won't affect each other, like hardcores sticking to the arcade version while the Wii version attracts new casual gamers?

All I know is that my local arcade will never have this game, so I'm glad that I'll be able to play it on wii when it's released.

Boss Doggie

Japan has a solid arcade scene though. It still has MvC2 even though the console port was released nearly around the arcade's release date.

yurinka

Raging Spaniard said:
Not really, this game has ps2/wii quality graphics, nothing really next gen about the looks, models, textures or shader work

SF IV on the other hand ...
Yes, but it's Capcom. They will port the game to the NES if they think it's proper.

Fuck...time to mod the Wii, and find a stick to play this game with. I don't know if my friend will be in Japan for the holidays so I might have to pre order from Play Asia (when it's up)...

AnimeTheme said:
In North America, this would definitely kill the arcade game, but in Japan, things are a lot different. I think it'll be just fine.

Boss Doggie

Took me a while to read everything...

LOL at the complaint about minigames. Looks like someone never played PSX Rival Schools and Pocket Fighter.

Top Bottom