• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tea |OT| Oh, tea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HiResDes

So guys I finally copped a really nice french press and I made some Yerba Mate (Toasted Flavor) and I gotta I'm fucking in love. I really didn't think I'd be into it given that I don't normally go for grassy things, but the grassy ness is more earthy than vegetal if that makes sense. It's like a mix of tobacco, collard green, and some nuttyness. It sounds weird, but it's great with a little milk and honey.

I was just wondering if anybody had any tips on cold brewing the yerba mate in the press, for example how long to brew? I wanna try various iced recipes like Grapefruit, Ginger, and Yerba or the White Grape Peach one in the OP.

I'm also wondering if the Yerba Mate on Adagio is up to snub, since I'm in love with it, maybe I like the weaker less fresh variety lol

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Aw yeah. Glad you tried some yerba mate!

Cold brewing is pretty easy with mate as it is hard to overbrew the stuff, really. My recommendation is to put the same amount of tea in your french press as normal, add the desired amount of cold water, and leave in the fridge for at least 8 hours. When I cold brew, I usually let is sit for 12 or more hours, but I like it strong. So experiment here.

I should really work up a new brewing guide at some point, as I've changed a few things about my procedure since I wrote the OP a few years ago, especially regarding iced tea.

As for the mate, obviously tastes and preferences here are subjective, but I wasn't in love with the mate I tried from Adagio a few years back. It's possible they've changed sources since (I tried theirs basically as soon as they started selling it), but I have a few staples I buy in large amounts, so I don't have too much incentive to switch out.

If you like the toasted flavor, I would definitely suggest checking out Upton Tea's Roasted Mate. I'm not sure what the industry nomenclature denotes and some brands may use the terms interchangeably, but Roasted Mate is a whole other beast. It has those same earthy notes but with a taste reminiscent of chocolate. Definitely worth checking out.

My go-to brand for "green" mate is Mate Factor. I'm constantly drinking this stuff, either hot, iced with some lemonade, or as I am right now, as I type this: as the liquid in a green smoothie. I buy about 20-or-so pounds of this stuff at a time.

Another good brand for mate that may be easier to find is Guayaki. They have a bunch of different styles (and I've tried them all). The most interesting ones are the Barbequed Mate, which while I didn't care for is super unique. Another interesting one they sell is the Guacho Fuerte, which is a toasted mate suitable for using in all kinds of coffee equipment due to its fine cut.

Hope that helps!

Ledhead

Finally got my kettle back from my mom so I can finally get back into tea. Yeah, I realize i'm not exactly rocking primo tea brewing gear, but it's all I have hahaha. I'm partial to black tea myself. Great OT btw

Alright y'all, I don't know the first thing about tea other than the fact that my SO loves to make it for us and I gladly drink it because she's got a knack for brewing it.

However, I want to surprise her with something nice for Christmas.

Any suggestions? She has a tea kettle for both of her favorite teas (Jasmine and Black), so I was thinking maybe some high quality stuff or interesting blends?

In the meantime, I'm off to read the OP.

I used to think that Earl Grey was awesome just because Picard drank it, but then I realized it was actually good.

That's all I have to add. I prefer coffee, but I'll drink just about any hot tea, plain.

BTW if you anyone wants me to check out any of those in particular I will gladly prioritize nabbing them first.

Paris is the tea that got me into tea. It's still a go to for when I want a black tea. Your list is missing Tay teas. Definitely check them out if you're into rooibos/herbal teas.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Paris is the tea that got me into tea. It's still a go to for when I want a black tea. Your list is missing Tay teas. Definitely check them out if you're into rooibos/herbal teas.

Yeah, Paris and Tower of London are two of my Harney favorites and mainstays whenever I can afford to spend a little. Paris is a bit heftier on the Caramel while Tower of London's closer to a fruit preservative. Company tends to love em too.

Can't believe I missed this thread! Subbed.

Favourite teas:
-Kirkland Japanese green tea bagged (Ito En rebadged?)
-presidents choice orange pekoe bagged (Canadian brand)

Now where in Toronto can one get a Japanese bottled green tea ?

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Have you ever had the Diamond Jubilee?

I have not! Been a while since I've been in the mood for something in the Earl Grey variety, but have been intending to pick up a tin and see how it is. I just always end up gravitating back towards Paris or Tower of London instead when I'm in the market for that sort of profile.

I have $44 that expires in February and I want to try something amazing, preferably green/tea. I've tried Golden Dragon Yellow Tea from Teavana so far. I also have $60 in EBay Gift Card.

Should I buy from Dragon Tea House? I hear What-Cha is good and they also have an EBay store.

Harney and Sons has 25% off orders of $75+ with the coupon code: preview15

My Harney and Sons package arrived just now!

• Paris Tea tea 1lb
  • Hot Cinnamon Spice Tea 1lb
  • Meijiawu Lung Ching Samples 6ct
  • 3 Tea Bags
Paris has a very fruity aroma! A Very berry aroma.
I might be steeping the Paris tea wrong since the drink itself is alright; it's a bit weak when drinking it. I put in 1 teaspoon of Paris tea in 8 ounce of boiling water inside my French Press. After 4 minutes of brewing, I poured the Paris tea into a glass.
Is 1 teaspoon enough or do I need to put in more? I also forgot to preheat the French Press by putting in hot water, then removing the hot water before I put in the Paris tea leaves. Is 4 minutes too little to brew?

I really like the Hot Cinnamon Spice. It doesn't taste like Black Tea at all! Pure strong cinnamon drink. Maybe it taste better than Paris since I put more effort in brewing the tea at 5 minutes and preheating the French Press. I can detect a spicy aftertaste.
The drink is much more pronounced than the aroma! Though after I left the cinnamon tea drink in my room to take a shower, I can smell its aroma when I walked into my room!
5NpKbfi.jpg

thespot84

• Paris Tea tea 1lb
  • 3 Tea Bags
I might be steeping the Paris tea wrong since the drink itself is alright; it's a bit weak when drinking it. I put in 1 teaspoon of Paris tea in 8 ounce of boiling water inside my French Press. After 4 minutes of brewing, I poured the Paris tea into a glass.
Is 1 teaspoon enough or do I need to put in more? I also forgot to preheat the French Press by putting in hot water, then removing the hot water before I put in the Paris tea leaves. Is 4 minutes too little to brew?

I really like the Hot Cinnamon Spice. It doesn't taste like Black Tea at all! Pure strong cinnamon drink. Maybe it taste better than Paris since I put more effort in brewing the tea at 5 minutes and preheating the French Press. I can detect a spicy aftertaste.
The drink is much more pronounced than the aroma! Though after I left the cinnamon tea drink in my room to take a shower, I can smell its aroma when I walked into my room!

my coworker and I go through about 100 bags of the cinnamon tea a month

Sykane

Hey guys, looking for a little help for a beginner. On my quest to be healthier, i've given up drinking juice drinks and sodas, and been living off of water, tea and coffee. Unfortunately, until looking at the GAF OT's for both coffee and tea, I never realized how low quality stuff i've been drinking (Keurig coffee and Bigelow green tea bags have been my staples thus far...)

I really want to step my game up on both fronts and get a proper setup to enjoy quality tea and coffee, but im not sure where to start. Ideally, i'd like something that I can use to make both coffee and tea in, and im thinking the cheaper the better, since this is going to be my first setup.

I see in the OT that a french press is recommended, and judging by what i've read in the coffee OT, is also a good tool for that. Any recommendations on a good beginner press? Also, on the coffee side i've heard good things about the Aeropress, does anyone use one of those for tea also? Before I stumbled into this OT, I think the aeropress was going to be my first purchase, but if it doesn't work well with tea then I may go with a french press. Lastly, any ideas for a electric kettle? Water temperature seems to be an important factor for both, but it seems like depending on what im using the temperature will vary so I need something adjustable, but like I mentioned before im trying to get into this as cheaply as possible.

Thanks for any help...

HiResDes

• Paris Tea tea 1lb
  • 3 Tea Bags

I got Paris, Boston, Cinnamon, and a sample of The Tower of London today... Last day for free shipping and 20 percent off using the code GOODMORNING15

Hey guys, looking for a little help for a beginner. On my quest to be healthier, i've given up drinking juice drinks and sodas, and been living off of water, tea and coffee. Unfortunately, until looking at the GAF OT's for both coffee and tea, I never realized how low quality stuff i've been drinking (Keurig coffee and Bigelow green tea bags have been my staples thus far...)

I really want to step my game up on both fronts and get a proper setup to enjoy quality tea and coffee, but im not sure where to start. Ideally, i'd like something that I can use to make both coffee and tea in, and im thinking the cheaper the better, since this is going to be my first setup.

I see in the OT that a french press is recommended, and judging by what i've read in the coffee OT, is also a good tool for that. Any recommendations on a good beginner press? Also, on the coffee side i've heard good things about the Aeropress, does anyone use one of those for tea also? Before I stumbled into this OT, I think the aeropress was going to be my first purchase, but if it doesn't work well with tea then I may go with a french press. Lastly, any ideas for a electric kettle? Water temperature seems to be an important factor for both, but it seems like depending on what im using the temperature will vary so I need something adjustable, but like I mentioned before im trying to get into this as cheaply as possible.

Thanks for any help...

Super late on this, but Bodum makes a great French Press. I just got mine a week ago after cracking my old one in the sink. I've been using the Adagio Utilitea electric kettle for a while now, and I have no major complaints.

• Paris Tea tea 1lb
  • 3 Tea Bags

I'm a big fan of their Herbal Hot Cinnamon spice made with Rooibos.

HiResDes

Finally got my Harney Package, cold brewing some Tower of London right now, and I might start the morning off with some Hot Cinnamon.

HiResDes

I don't get the love for this Hot Cinnamon tea at all. It seems to come overly sweetened and it's too overwhelmingly spiced in my opinion, which makes it inferior to even the most basic Masala Chai. There's also this slightly artificial, astringent aftertaste that comes with it that I really can't stand. Have a feeling very low quality black is being used underneath all that spice too. If anybody wants my 4oz canister they can have it would just have to shoot me a few bucks for shipping.

It might be. It should be the same as with hot brewing, right?

Gonna go out on a limb here and suggest using more tea, shorter brew. Whenever I do blacks I think somewhere around 4 hours is enough.

For me, bitterness seems to be a result of overbrewing rather than overdosing, both for hot and cold.

That said, I use loose leaf.

Hey TeaGAF,

I am looking to get into tea as a habitual drink with my meals for its health benefits. Right now, I would like to try to lose weight, but it's really hard for me to drink only water. So what I'm looking for is teas that:
1) Have 0 carbohydrates (preferably 0 calories, but I don't know how realistic that is - I'm a teanoob).
2) Are caffeine-free (I'm not a big fan of headaches and caffeine dependency).
3) Have some health benefits like helping metabolism or reducing stress.

I don't care if it's technically "tea". I've tried to research this myself, but it's hard to know what's real and science-based. There's a local loose-leaf shop nearby that I could purchase from for long-term usage.

Aside from my black teas that I tend to just buy from kusmi, I've been getting my green tea from O-Cha. No complaints (although they can be pricy), but I thought I'd try someplace else and I found this list (http://www.seriouseats.com/2015/02/best-tea-where-to-buy.html), which has probably been posted before, but it seems solid.

Anyway, I tried ordering from Ippodo which seems to have very similar prices, but I fell in love with their website design, but for whatever reason they keep declining my everyday use debit card. Sucks. Guess I'll keep ordering from O-Cha. Maybe I should have a different everyday tea, cause drinking expensive (to me) Sencha everyday is hurting. Maybe Pu'er...

Edit: Finally got my order to work at Ippodo. Weird.

3phemeral

Hey TeaGAF,

I am looking to get into tea as a habitual drink with my meals for its health benefits. Right now, I would like to try to lose weight, but it's really hard for me to drink only water. So what I'm looking for is teas that:
1) Have 0 carbohydrates (preferably 0 calories, but I don't know how realistic that is - I'm a teanoob).
2) Are caffeine-free (I'm not a big fan of headaches and caffeine dependency).
3) Have some health benefits like helping metabolism or reducing stress.

I don't care if it's technically "tea". I've tried to research this myself, but it's hard to know what's real and science-based. There's a local loose-leaf shop nearby that I could purchase from for long-term usage.

Flower teas are a good bet for 0-calorie, non-caffeinated alternatives. Great cold and hot, sweetened or unsweetened and go great with milk if you want to add a little creaminess. Chrysanthemum would be my choice, especially if you have access to an Asian market where you can get a giant bag for $5. You only need a few flowers per several cups, too, so it'll last forever.

Another option isn't quite tea but more like boba-ish. Sweet Basil seeds mixed with water. fluff up like little tapioca balls and are a decent source of fiber for their size. I like to sweeten it with honey or splenda.

Also, most 0-calorie drinks will be good for weight management. You stay hydrated (even if they have diuretics in them; you'll drink more than the diuretic can expel) and any caffeinated option will will have a minimal effect on your metabolic rate anyway. If you drink a full glass of tea prior to a meal or just throughout the day, you'll likely stay fuller or won't eat as much, provided you're not starving yourself and eating right to begin with.

Most teas have about 1-2 kcal per 100ml. At least mine do. So that's bascially nothing which is good.

I bought this one today
And I don't like it. Damn I need to stop experimenting. Got so many teas that I don't like. I better stick to the fruit teas, chances are low I don't like them

3phemeral

Most teas have about 1-2 kcal per 100ml. At least mine do. So that's bascially nothing which is good.

I bought this one today

And I don't like it. Damn I need to stop experimenting. Got so many teas that I don't like. I better stick to the fruit teas, chances are low I don't like them
I've yet to find any Chai Teas that I like beyond the Oprah Chai at Starbucks but there's a Vanilla Chai that comes close. I think it's by Bigelow.

My partner got this Coconut green tea in fancy pink tin in what looks like shiny silk tea bags and it's horrible. I personally hate coconut anything because it tends to taste more perfume-like than actual coconut, so I wasn't surprised that these turned out like a "drinkable" fragrance:

rWZbcUu.jpg

Avoid at all costs! :)

Just learned of this OT! I used to be a massive tea hound but kind of fell off when I started working third shift. Lately I've been drinking Eastern Shore Tea Co. that I found at my local Wegmans.

Black Raven Tea

High Energy

They're not too bad, still getting back into the groove of things.

Sup guys, I've recently gotten into tea as a way to drink healthier and so far I'm loving it. I got a kettle from Teavana and a bunch of tea from Adagio (still waiting on the Verdant 5 for $5) and I've already got some new favorite drinks.

I was pretty disappointed in Adagio's flavored black teas. I got blueberry, cinnamon and vanilla and they each taste off in their own way. They all had pretty high reviews but I don't see it. The blueberry is too rich/potent, the cinnamon is too subtle and the vanilla just tastes weird. I got these with the intention of blending but I ended up not really enjoying them in any capacity. It tastes like some low grade tea with excessive shit tossed in it to mask that fact. I only ever knew Lipton and other low grade bagged teas and honestly those tasted better/bolder.

Then I had the jasmine silver needle and my world was changed. So delicious, so inviting. Maybe my new favorite beverage.

Golden Monkey was closer to that bold black I was looking for but was still a little reserved. Good taste but maybe I need to use more leaf next time.

Masala and Thai chais were excellent with a splash of cream and a dash of cinnamon.

I got their "Master's" oolong TKY (don't remember the full name) and while it was distinctly flavorful, oolong might not be for me. It almost tastes fishy? Not in a hurry to get any more...

I reordered some jasmine silver, and a custom chocolate/masala chai blend as well as a bunch of new samples of whites and blacks which should get here today. I'm looking forward to branching out into other distributors real soon.

I don't get the love for this Hot Cinnamon tea at all. It seems to come overly sweetened and it's too overwhelmingly spiced in my opinion, which makes it inferior to even the most basic Masala Chai. There's also this slightly artificial, astringent aftertaste that comes with it that I really can't stand. Have a feeling very low quality black is being used underneath all that spice too. If anybody wants my 4oz canister they can have it would just have to shoot me a few bucks for shipping.
I was thinking of trying it. Does the offer still stand?

Alright y'all, I don't know the first thing about tea other than the fact that my SO loves to make it for us and I gladly drink it because she's got a knack for brewing it.

However, I want to surprise her with something nice for Christmas.

Any suggestions? She has a tea kettle for both of her favorite teas (Jasmine and Black), so I was thinking maybe some high quality stuff or interesting blends?

In the meantime, I'm off to read the OP.

Just as an update, I got my SO 1 pound of each:

- Jasmine
- Dragon Pearl
- English Breakfast
- Paris

from Harney and Sons. The idea was to get her a pound of "good" tea and then a pound of "great" tea for each of her favorite types.

She loved them all, but she likes cutting some of the dragon pearl tea with the jasmine so she doesn't go through it so fast.

Paris is her favorite though, as she says it's the only tea she's had that doesn't need anything else with it and has just enough caffeine to get her through shifts at work.

Thanks for the OP and suggestions!

Flower teas are a good bet for 0-calorie, non-caffeinated alternatives. Great cold and hot, sweetened or unsweetened and go great with milk if you want to add a little creaminess. Chrysanthemum would be my choice, especially if you have access to an Asian market where you can get a giant bag for $5. You only need a few flowers per several cups, too, so it'll last forever.

Another option isn't quite tea but more like boba-ish. Sweet Basil seeds mixed with water. fluff up like little tapioca balls and are a decent source of fiber for their size. I like to sweeten it with honey or splenda.

Also, most 0-calorie drinks will be good for weight management. You stay hydrated (even if they have diuretics in them; you'll drink more than the diuretic can expel) and any caffeinated option will will have a minimal effect on your metabolic rate anyway. If you drink a full glass of tea prior to a meal or just throughout the day, you'll likely stay fuller or won't eat as much, provided you're not starving yourself and eating right to begin with.

I bought this one today

What about health benefits, such as higher metabolism?

My primary concern about caffeine is headaches from dependency. I try to stay away from that.

It can have calories if it's low. Thanks for the responses so far!

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I have some tea questions!

My wife and I were walking around the mall this weekend and wandered past Teavana. I've been drinking tea from Teavana for like, 5 or 6 years and enjoying it, but I sort of want to try some other options (and up my tea game a bit).

First, I am using this tea maker that my wife bought me a few years ago. I'm quite happy with it, so I don't want to change that up. However, I've been warming up water in the microwave and that's annoying. Adagio has two electric kettles that I'm looking at: varietea and utilitea. Does anyone here have one and have an opinion on either one? The varietea looks nice because I can set my water temp and be done. The utilitea doesn't have as many options, but I'm wondering if the extra options are a necessity.

Now here's where I'm a bit confused. We bought Purify Wellness tea when we were there. The website says 2 minute steep, but my label says 4 minutes. So...What do I do? Blends are sort tough, too. We bought this Winterberry blend and are loving it. It says 2 minutes steep, so that's what we've been doing. But is that right?

Now regarding Winterberry...Here's an image on Google.

Teavana-Winterberry-FREE-Tea-188x300.jpg

See how red it is? Ours NEVER comes out that red. What would contribute to the redness?

Also, iced tea. Should I add my rock sugar to the hot water and dissolve it before I pour the water over the tea? And I usually do 2 tsp of tea + 8 oz of water. Should I be doing 2 tsp of tea + 4 oz of water + 1 glass of ice?

Sorry for all these silly questions! Oh and Adagio teas are fine, yes? I'm looking for a good traditional black tea. Oh oh oh...What's the deal with matcha?

I've been using the Adagio Utilitea for a couple of years now and it has served me well. My only real complaint is that you can't set exact temps with it. I haven't used Adagio in a while, but I thought their tea was fine.

morningbus

I have some tea questions!

Alright, let's brew this thing.

fBWMpFe.gif

My wife and I were walking around the mall this weekend and wandered past Teavana. I've been drinking tea from Teavana for like, 5 or 6 years and enjoying it, but I sort of want to try some other options (and up my tea game a bit).

First, I am using this tea maker that my wife bought me a few years ago. I'm quite happy with it, so I don't want to change that up. However, I've been warming up water in the microwave and that's annoying. Adagio has two electric kettles that I'm looking at: varietea and utilitea. Does anyone here have one and have an opinion on either one? The varietea looks nice because I can set my water temp and be done. The utilitea doesn't have as many options, but I'm wondering if the extra options are a necessity.

I cover this a little bit in the OP. I've used the Adagio utilitea for over 7 years now (no, really, I checked: I ordered in on January 23rd 2009) and it has always worked perfectly and given me absolutely no problems.

Having said that, between the two, I would spring for the varieTEA, with precise temperature control. While it's possible to get consistent and accurate temperatures with the utilitea, this will be an appliance you keep for years, so spring for the one with the most options.

Now here's where I'm a bit confused. We bought Purify Wellness tea when we were there. The website says 2 minute steep, but my label says 4 minutes. So...What do I do? Blends are sort tough, too. We bought this Winterberry blend and are loving it. It says 2 minutes steep, so that's what we've been doing. But is that right?

This is also covered in the OP:

Brewing Time and Temperatures.
ue8XB.png

Note: Unless from Teavana, always try your package's instructions first. Some varieties within the same family of tea may need drastically different temperatures to taste their best. Yerba Mate and Green Rooibos are the only herbals I've encountered that do not take boiling water. Roasted Yerba Mate and regular, Red Rooibos can both be treated like any other herbal tea.​

It's funny that the OP was written nearly 4 years ago and Teavana has even been bought by Starbucks since but they still haven't gotten their act together in regards to their literature.

I'd recommend following my guide up there, obviously. For blends that feature more than one type of tea, follow the tea that requires the colder temperature/shorter time first and increase both if necessary.

Now regarding Winterberry...Here's an image on Google.

Teavana-Winterberry-FREE-Tea-188x300.jpg

See how red it is? Ours NEVER comes out that red. What would contribute to the redness?

A lot of factors could contribute, including things as devious as them intentionally adding colorants to make the drink more attractive. Pure speculation on my part, of course.

If it tastes the same as when you brew it yourself, then I wouldn't worry too much about the appearance. If not, consider using more tea than they recommend and brewing for longer.

Also, iced tea. Should I add my rock sugar to the hot water and dissolve it before I pour the water over the tea? And I usually do 2 tsp of tea + 8 oz of water. Should I be doing 2 tsp of tea + 4 oz of water + 1 glass of ice?

Add the sugar while the drink is hot. I feel like it takes forever for the rock sugar to dissolve in hot liquid let alone cold.

I'd also suggest moving over to sweeteners that are easier to dissolve and more consistent anyway, like honey, agave nectar, raw sugar, or even regular cane sugar.

As for preparation, also from the OP:

Basic Iced Tea
  • Prepare your equipment as if you're brewing a normal cup of tea.
  • Fill a large glass with ice (a 18 to 20oz beer glass works wonderfully).
  • Instead of putting a cup of water over your tea leaves, half it. Use 4oz of water.
  • At this time add any sweetener you may normally like in your tea. Stir to disolve
  • Brew for the standard length of time.
  • Pour into glass filled with ice, stir, and enjoy.

Sorry for all these silly questions! Oh and Adagio teas are fine, yes? I'm looking for a good traditional black tea. Oh oh oh...What's the deal with matcha?

Adagio is decent quality and good for people coming off of Teavana, I'd say. There is better quality out there and I have a few suggested retailers in the OP as well, but Adagio offers a fairly wide selection as reasonable prices.

Matcha is a type of Japanese green tea that is literally ground-up tea leaves. It is traditionally prepared using hot water and a special device called a matcha whisk that actually creates a suspension of tea leaves in the water.

Hope that helps! Feel free to ask any more questions.

morningbus

Health stuff has come up a few times on this page, so I'll do my usual blanket statement: If you're drinking tea for anything besides taste or a hit of caffeine, you're wasting your time.

In terms of fitness, tea will help you as such:

• Caffeine has been shown to speed up your metabolism (though there are better ways to get more caffeine)
  • Weight loss, but only if you're specifically replacing a drink with more calories with tea.
There is a lot of hype around green tea specifically, but considering those two factors, just about any tea will give you those benefits. In terms of the health claims a lot of people make specifically about green tea, most other types of tea, be they black, white, or oolong, have the same levels of whatever thing they've claimed to measure in green tea.

If you're looking for some green tea to try, I'd recommend going to the organic* section of your local grocery store and, at least initially, buying whatever catches your eye. If you find yourself liking it, we can work from there. But I always recommend this step before getting invested in equipment or expensive, bulk tea buys.

* I say the organic section only because the teas are usually of a higher quality, not because buying organic tea has any real significance.

Pandy

Excellent thread.
I go through phases of tea complexity, but mostly on the simple side and using teabags. I do have a great teapot which I use more for herbal infusions than loose tea blends.

Mostly I drink Earl Gray (Co-op Truely Irresistable range), with White Tea (Dragonfly Swirling Mist Organic White Tea) kept on the side as a treat, and a few mint infusion teabags (Co-op, again.) At the moment though I'm having a break and going back to basics with Punjana.

Also, if I'm having milk then it's soya milk, because it keeps far longer in the fridge than cow's milk and is also the only alternative milk I've found that 'feels' like cow's milk. Completely different taste though so not for everyone, and I certainly don't request it when I'm taking tea elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom