• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Official PC Thread. SO. WORTH. IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard

Banned
I should mention that last night, I actually had a kinda nice end to fastlane for once in my life, despite it being a 5-point capture map. I think it shockingly (for a 5-point capture map?) ended in a stalemate without anyone ever winning a round (or no more then one victory if so), and everyone ran charging out with melee weapons for sudden death.

Unfortunately, the other team only had their final point left to defend, and they all decided to charge away from it, so an engineer and I (as a scout) ran around the side route to just capture the final point behind them instead of engaging in melee battlez. :lol

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Boonoo said:
While we're posting TF2 videos you can't go wrong with Worms and Plastic Minnows.

He has such classics as
Scot
Enginerd
and
Hovy

Wow what a group of obnoxious videos... :p

1. Idiots running into balls and only thing he's doing is running into spawn to get another ball
2. Idiot snipers meleeing dispenser in doorway instead of all standing back and using a charged shot OR JUST CHANGING CLASSES
3. Tele-camping scum

moojito

Somewhere away back in the depths of this thread is linked a tf2 video that was generally agreed upon to be one of the best people had seen. It was a clan's video and had lots of very cool slow motion effects going on. Can anyone remember what it is?

moojito

That's uncanny. The video I was thinking of that was really cool was the first one, but it doesn't have the slow motion effects. I remember them as coming from that second video linked! Also cool, but the first one is really something else.

Weird that both would be linked like that. Psychic-gaf strikes again!

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Ultimatum said:
watching those vids makes me want to cry D: I wish I was that good
Just play soldier and shoot the ground a lot.
So easy.

If you really want to be good play demo and learn to aim with pipes.
Stupid good.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Boonoo said:
Kuro has no soul/Kuro has been transformed into a fun hating comp player confirmed. Pick one!

Douchebaggery!

Lots of good stuff out there to see without this lame ass stuff. Not frag videos either.

Displeased Eskimo
Traininmybutt
omfgninja
etc etc etc

Twig

Banned
Kuro Madoushi said:
Douchebaggery!

Lots of good stuff out there to see without this lame ass stuff. Not frag videos either.

Displeased Eskimo
Traininmybutt
omfgninja
etc etc etc
they are meant to be entertaining and normal people find them to be so

but i guess you got a sticky up your butt and can't stop ragin'

Blizzard

Banned
Kuro Madoushi said:
Douchebaggery!

Displeased Eskimo
Traininmybutt
omfgninja
etc etc etc
Some of Displeased Eskimo's videos are pretty much my favorite I've seen. He does teleport camping and stuff, but with tauntkills and music so it's often hilarious. Of course he edits out deaths and such so you mostly just see the amusing stuff.

Pyro:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6v4v_vQ440

Probably my favorite, featuring the demo and other things:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUTFL0KEDrQ

There's also this movie by someone else with spy (sadly, I think Valve fixed this):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgsGHTg26uc

Displeased Eskimo did one too but unfortunately he keyword spammed to try to get views, and I'm not sure either of those videos is the best invisible spy tauntkill movie I've seen. I thought there was another one. D:

Twig

Banned
Boonoo said:
That one's real nice.

I also like this Muscle Milk and Moolians video because they linger on specific scenes a little longer and show some great teamwork in action.
Hey, this one's p. swank. I really dig the vids that have style. Like all three that we're talkin' about here.

Much better than straight up frag vids with music plastered on top.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Twig said:
they are meant to be entertaining and normal people find them to be so

but i guess you got a sticky up your butt and can't stop ragin'
telecamping =/= entertaining
baseball =/= entertaining

me rage? from the master, that's a compliment

Twig

Banned
Kuro Madoushi said:
telecamping =/= entertaining
baseball =/= entertaining
still ragin'

i have to ask, though i'm sure you'll just answer sarcastically to disguise your rage and/or accuse me of ragin' which i've never once done

do you ever stop ragin'

Blizzard

Banned
Today is a sad day. I learned that yes indeed, apparently the "eeerectin' a statue of a moron" engineer line is only available for people who use golden wrenches. :(

Jangaroo

Always the tag bridesmaid, never the tag bride.
Blizzard said:
Today is a sad day. I learned that yes indeed, apparently the "eeerectin' a statue of a moron" engineer line is only available for people who use golden wrenches. :(
Someone with a golden wrench was playing on the server? Oh man I wish I could see that in action.

Inkwell

Banned
I figure I'll post my issue here. The game keeps getting choppy, even though the framerate is high (stays at 60fps from using d3doverrider). I just recently got a GTX460. I had no issues at all with the new video card. TF2 seemed to perform the exact same.

I just got a new monitor, so I'm running TF2 at 1920x1080 instead of 1280x960. Besides that, no other video settings have changed. The game was working fine earlier today.

It seems to get choppy when at certain parts of maps, sometimes even only looking in a specific direction (usually where there's lots of people and action). Like I said, I have a solid 60fps, and nothing else besides the resolution has changed.

Boonoo

Inkwell said:
I figure I'll post my issue here. The game keeps getting choppy, even though the framerate is high (stays at 60fps from using d3doverrider). I just recently got a GTX460. I had no issues at all with the new video card. TF2 seemed to perform the exact same.

I just got a new monitor, so I'm running TF2 at 1920x1080 instead of 1280x960. Besides that, no other video settings have changed. The game was working fine earlier today.

It seems to get choppy when at certain parts of maps, sometimes even only looking in a specific direction (usually where there's lots of people and action). Like I said, I have a solid 60fps, and nothing else besides the resolution has changed.

What's your cpu?
And the framerate stays high even though the game gets a choppy feel to it?

Have you changed any network config stuff?
Does it happen at all with d3doverrider off? Maybe a triple buffering issue.

Now and then I get some chop, though my frame rate is good, when I alt tab out to my second monitor and then back into the game. I have to kind of re set TF2s focus.

I also recall some strange chop even with high framerate when my video card was acting up due to a bad overclock.

Sciz said:
I cannot still be seeing this question.

It is impossible.

They lurv asking!

Inkwell

Banned
Boonoo said:
What's your cpu?
And the framerate stays high even though the game gets a choppy feel to it?

Have you changed any network config stuff?
Does it happen at all with d3doverrider off? Maybe a triple buffering issue.

Now and then I get some chop, though my frame rate is good, when I alt tab out to my second monitor and then back into the game. I have to kind of re set TF2s focus.

I also recall some strange chop even with high framerate when my video card was acting up due to a bad overclock.
I haven't changed anything with my network at all, and I have an i5 750. I'll experiment with/without d3doverrider a bit to see if it changes anything. I might try turning the resolution down as well to see if anything changes. I look more into it tomorrow.

By the way, my video card comes a bit overclocked out of the box, and I haven't tried pushing it further. I would think that the card would be fine, but who knows.

Boonoo

Inkwell said:
I haven't changed anything with my network at all, and I have an i5 750. I'll experiment with/without d3doverrider a bit to see if it changes anything. I might try turning the resolution down as well to see if anything changes. I look more into it tomorrow.

By the way, my video card comes a bit overclocked out of the box, and I haven't tried pushing it further. I would think that the card would be fine, but who knows.

Hmm, seems like you should be fine CPU wise. Playing around with d3doverrider might be your best bet. I generally just let my framerate go as it generally fluctuates between 70-100.

Your overclock is probably fine. I got constant chop on mine until it just crashed. It wasn't intermittent or location specific.

If this isn't a clean TF2 install you might want to give defragging the game cache a shot.

AcciDante

Some screenshots of people that have killed me over the last few nights :lol

9gVP8.png

HaSCP.png

TpN5s.png

cJjLN.png

FiNu4.png

Going through my screenshot folder and resizing these made me realize I wasn't playing at my native resolution :lol I hope there's not a rule against screenshots or anything...

commissar

I think n0b and I confused a few people as we ran around looking for jumps. fun times :D

while we're sharing photos, I managed to do this the other day:
scrub.jpg

Javaman

commissar said:
I think n0b and I confused a few people as we ran around looking for jumps. fun times :D

while we're sharing photos, I managed to do this the other day:
scrub.jpg

I'll never forget when someone reflected a crocket into my teleporter. I think it was either you or Dog.

Man this is soo good, lol I got to get use to the controls cause i played tf2 on the 360. One of my first drops was the engi's wrangler fucking love it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom