• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Ninja developing PS4 title

Silky

Banned
Hayashi made Ninja Gaiden as well. He was the ai programmer. You guys are too hard up on Itagaki like he as a more sterling thing than Hayashi if you ask me they can both be hit and miss with their ideas. Until the Devil's third comes out you are only as good as your last work. And we have that to rate both on.

Hayashi's definitely not capable of directing a Ninja Gaiden game, if Sigma 1-2, 3, and RE have anything to go by. He's certainly lost on what makes a NG game work.

Sigma

Did he direct Dragon Sword, I wonder. I really liked Dragon Sword.

kick51

Banned
Hayashi made Ninja Gaiden as well. He was the ai programmer. You guys are too hard up on Itagaki like he as a more sterling thing than Hayashi if you ask me they can both be hit and miss with their ideas. Until the Devil's third comes out you are only as good as your last work. And we have that to rate both on.

As an AI programmer, he did well. As a director, he killed the series.

it seems like you're arguing about these guys as if they're wwe wrestlers or something, i dunno. this conversation and thread are weird, as is modern team ninja, but whatever.

ShinMaruku

Hayashi's definitely not capable of directing a Ninja Gaiden game, if Sigma 1-2, 3, and RE have anything to go by. He's certainly lost on what makes a NG game work.

Did he direct Dragon Sword, I wonder. I really liked Dragon Sword.

He directed Dragon Sword and Black. I think somebody else did the Hurricane pack (Which really is the pinnacle of NG even more so than Black) Anything outside of the mainline and re-release he did. I don't know how you guys think he fucked up with Sigma 1 and 2 when it's just some slight changes. Now if you based your beef off with 3 and some of his expanded stuff then sure. But Sigma 1 and 2 were not terrible. That's like saying Burning Crusade was shit because it was no Wrath of the Lich King. :p

kick51

Banned
I don't know how you guys think he fucked up with Sigma 1 and 2 when it's just some slight changes.

should've just admitted you don't know the games that well from the start, could've avoided all this

he didn't even direct black, he developed some of the missions

ShinMaruku

should've just admitted you don't know the games that well from the start, could've avoided all this

I did play all the games I am just not thinking the changes made the games shit. We shall agree to disagree but if there are good numbers playing the games then they should be made and the series is not dead. (Matter of fact I am shocked I still find people playing RE)

he didn't even direct black, he developed some of the missions

The changes from black to sigma are minimal. The changes from 2 to sigma 2 are fairly substantial.

kick51

Banned
The changes from black to sigma are minimal. The changes from 2 to sigma 2 are fairly substantial.

They are not minimal at all. There are 3 new chapters in there with a totally different character, new weapon, easier AI, in-game menus with the dpad (a positive change), different spawns, and load times everywhere.

Black was perfect and all it really needed was graphical touch ups, like any HD port. and it got those for like, the first chapter. after that was just higher res (and dat PS1 water)

Top Bottom