• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Sp00ky's Stream Gear Seized by the Department of Homeland Security

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Sp00ky said:
Thanks for the love guys. Well keep you updated as we find out more. keep in mind that while this is a setback its not insurmountable, though it does affect our ability to stream in the short term time.

Most likely we will just buy a near identical set of stuff, because we cant really depend on getting the old gear back. We're still not asking for donations towards that end - you guys donated a lot already for t12 and in the past, so between that and ad revenue we're going to just make due. Thank you for everyone who donated anyway though.

Sorry that there isn't a lot of info but even I don't really know why they stopped me. Some google searches on this have shown pretty much it is an almost common practice now.
Stay godlike spooky.
And many many props for your hard work.
* Tips hat *

It warms my heart to see the reaction of the entire FGC. (And the gaming community as a whole)

Chavelo

Sp00ky said:
Thanks for the love guys. Well keep you updated as we find out more. keep in mind that while this is a setback its not insurmountable, though it does affect our ability to stream in the short term time.

Most likely we will just buy a near identical set of stuff, because we cant really depend on getting the old gear back. We're still not asking for donations towards that end - you guys donated a lot already for t12 and in the past, so between that and ad revenue we're going to just make due. Thank you for everyone who donated anyway though.

Sorry that there isn't a lot of info but even I don't really know why they stopped me. Some google searches on this have shown pretty much it is an almost common practice now.

Sp00ky
#freesp00ky
(Today, 05:55 PM)
Reply | Quote

Keep ya head up, sir. :D

Also, what the hell, Sp00ks.
You don't have an avatar. ಠ.ಠ
Even Art has one. And, well.... He's Art. D:

t5FYk.png

Sp00ky said:

Thanks for taking the time to give us your thoughts. We're all hoping this can be sorted out sooner rather then later. Looking forward to you streaming Season's Beatings.

Sp00ky said:

I imagine you'll get it back soon but do what you have to do.

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
Sp00ky said:

You're the best Sp00ky, keep your head up man, it will all work out in the end with the support of all your fans.

The "WHAT!?" I yelled after reading the thread title scared the crap out of the dog. This is horseshit. Good to see our country being protected so diligentlyyasfasefn;vjesrjlsdfjv. Yeah not saying anything new just venting. Best of luck Sp00ky, here's hoping DHS gets exposed.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Some of the comments on the kotaku article are baffling. I don't even know why I read that shit half the time.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
BanditKing said:
LAW ENFORCEMENT COMMUNICATIONS ASSISTANT (LECA)

Homeland Security, Customs and Border Protection Throughout the Nation $27,431.00+

Do you desire to protect American interests and secure our Nation while building a meaningful and rewarding career? If so, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is calling.

heck yes sign me up!
Wow, I earn more than customs and border protection, and I make banner ads for a living.

Sp00ky said:

Common practice? Good lord. This is a vile abuse of authority and power. Thanks Dubya!

Sp00ky said:

Just keep your head up high man.

Anth0ny

Sp00ky said:

So lame. Jesus.

Good luck sp00ky. GAF (and the fgc as a whole) got your back.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Sp00ky said:

*I sent off an e-mail. Hopefully I can get you hooked up. Doubt it, but no harm trying.

gillty

Banned
Best of luck sp00ky <3.

I seriously hope this trend of overbearing, right-infringing law making by governments in the west, stops soon. Not a great world we live in, and that is often a result of our own governments.

USD

It's all good shit Sp00ky, you're the best in the business.

Shoutouts to Stream Deputy Min for being able to hold down Guard Crush, once again.
MIN FOR EVO 2012

Fucking mens doing their fucking jobs. Make no mistake. This sucks but DHS is doing this shit for a reason and the reason is not because they are assholes.

Best of luck to team spooky.

DR2K

Banned
papersleeves said:
Fucking mens doing their fucking jobs. Make no mistake. This sucks but DHS is doing this shit for a reason and the reason is not because they are assholes.

What reason?

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
papersleeves said:

Fucking men not doing their fucking job, confiscating without reason, citation, or even bothering to fill out *the very paperwork that their job involves* so that the people bullied by their underpaid rent-a-cop badge have the slightest shred of legal... anything.

Kaijima said:
Fucking men not doing their fucking job, confiscating without reason, citation, or even bothering to fill out *the very paperwork that their job involves* so that the people bullied by their underpaid rent-a-cop badge have the slightest shred of legal... anything.
They're customs officers. They don't need a warrant or anything else for goods coming into the country.

I'm sure they gave him a copy of what they took and maybe their contact info.

Azure J

Neuromancer said:
They're customs officers. They don't need a warrant or anything else for goods coming into the country.

I'm sure they gave him a copy of what they took and maybe their contact info.

Except they didn't, that's the point.

AzureJericho said:
Except they didn't, that's the point.
Well the customs office at the airport he flew into would be the place to contact, couldn't be that hard to find their phone number if they didn't give it to him.

Kaijima said:

I don't know about you, but if DHS would refuse to give me those very papers I've asked for after they've seized my stuff, I would call my attorney right in front of their face to understand exactly what is going on and if they have the right to ignore my request.

Still, didn't know about that...Again, I do feel empathy and I wish them best of luck.

Sp00ky said:

Good attitude! Best of luck.

Sp00ky said:

Liked and subscribed

Now that I think about it I'm about 99.9% sure Kotaku's FOIA request is going to be denied. You can't request personal records pertaining to other people, it's a privacy issue.

Jintor

Neuromancer said:
Now that I think about it I'm about 99% sure Kotaku's FOIA request is going to be denied. You can't request personal records pertaining to other people, it's a privacy issue.

Can Sp00ky file FOIA relating to himself though?

This news infuriates me.

These jerks didn't even fill out their own paperwork?!

Come on man. There has to be legal recourse for that, DHS operating with absurd levels of impunity.

Ugh. :(

The Take Out Bandit said:
This news infuriates me.

These jerks didn't even fill out their own paperwork?!

Come on man. There has to be legal recourse for that, DHS operating with absurd levels of impunity.

Ugh. :(
I find it REALLY hard to believe they didn't give him any kind of receipt/list of items taken.

_Xenon_

Banned
Just read this. WTF??

What does Spooky's stream equipment look like? If it's just a couple of web cams and laptops why does DHS have to seize it?

Neuromancer said:
I find it REALLY hard to believe they didn't give him any kind of receipt/list of items taken.

He showed them in the first vid so yes they gave him stuff. Though it seems some info was missing on it though.

DRE Fei

People jumped all over SRK for removing the article before they knew the whole story, but they're actually helping spooky out. Good shit to SRK staff.

Top Bottom