• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Teen Titans: The Judas Contract First Look/Voice Cast (Animated DTV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zocano

The Teen Titans cartoon was so good with the Terra arc. Also made Slade legitimately creepy. Crazy how when it first started I half bought in to the conspiracy theory that Slade was really Bruce training Robin.

Same situation for me. Didn't follow comics and Slade was my favorite villain outright. Teen Titans was so good.

Shame about... everything else.

Tizoc

What is dc's fascination with this srtstyle? It has been the same one these past movies and i hate it :/

What is dc's fascination with this srtstyle? It has been the same one these past movies and i hate it :/

I think they just wanted to stream line it. I imagine it costs much less doing it this way, than creating new designs for each movie.

Ross61

Everything's reacting to the red when it's not that bad, and that picture is most likely a flashback scene.

The Teen Titans cartoon was so good with the Terra arc. Also made Slade legitimately creepy. Crazy how when it first started I half bought in to the conspiracy theory that Slade was really Bruce training Robin.

Yeah I was in the same boat as you. It seemed so believable considering how he immediately hid his face the second his mask cracked open.

Blues1990

I don't think they want to. I'm pretty sure they're happy keeping that in the closet or in the pages of the actual comic

Who knows. It would be interesting if they actually go that far with adapting the Judas Contract, warts and all. Terra (from the comics) wasn't all that's cracked up to be, for starters.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Who knows. It would be interesting if they actually go that far with adapting the Judas Contract, warts and all. Terra (from the comics) wasn't all that's cracked up to be, for starters.

Pedophilia? Teenage sex slaves? You think DC wants that heat?

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
This is a follow up to Justice League vs Teen Titans, and I really enjoyed that. So I'm in. Looks good to me

Hexa

Yeah I was in the same boat as you. It seemed so believable considering how he immediately hid his face the second his mask cracked open.

Ya. Same. Plus it felt like a mentor/mentee relationship due to a lot of small things.
It's been so long. I should rewatch it.

Penguin

Jesus, even the comics have moved on from the n52 look.

Why are they still doing it?

Also are they going to keep the statutory rape in it you think?

Animation lead time?

I mean Rebirth is less than a year old

Most of these movies are in production for at least 2 years if not more.

Shaanyboi

Banned
Animation lead time?

These movies? No... these movies are roughly equivalent to 3-4 TV episodes, and are given about as much of a budget. That would put them at a year and a half total production time... tops.

Penguin

These movies? No... these movies are roughly equivalent to 3-4 TV episodes, and are given about as much of a budget. That would put them at a year and a half total production time... tops.

I guess from when they are first rumored to announce to release always seems to be roughly 2 years or so.

Could be wrong. and sure streamlined in recent years

But would still put it before Rebirth took off

Poyunch

Everyone else is using the look they've had for the last few movies, but Nightwing is a super weird case considering all his appearances in this chronology have looked like this:

Now that Young Justice is coming back they gotta differentiate.

Shaanyboi

Banned
And they're going to have to recast him again unfortunately.

Not for this. That dialogue was recorded months ago, unless they still hadn't done pick-ups, but that's unlikely at this point. They will if they plan on using him again after this though...

How come?
Miguel Ferrer passed away today.

I guess from when they are first rumored to announce to release always seems to be roughly 2 years or so.

Could be wrong. and sure streamlined in recent years

But would still put it before Rebirth took off

Still wouldn't make sense considering Nightwing has been in like 3-4 of these movies in only the last couple years, and only now did they decide to make him look like his N52 design.

RedHill

Banned
I really wish that this film came out in 2007 when it was supposed to so we'd get the 80s aesthetic instead of giant Starfire and the Titan babies

Everyone else is using the look they've had for the last few movies, but Nightwing is a super weird case considering all his appearances in this chronology have looked like this:
As you can see, that costume keeps getting fucked up (and so does Dick). Maybe he thought it time for a change.

Ross61

Animation lead time?

Which is why that scene is pretty likely to be flashback.

deathstroke2.jpg

I want it so bad.

More importantly, why does Beastboy look like a Brady Bunch extra?

Volimar

God I don't like that art style at all, particularly the way Starfire looks.

I like to imagine an office in a DC studio somewhere where they argue about just how sexualized they can get away with making Starfire and still pretend they're making a kid friendly show/film.

Static is off limit rights wise until Milestone gets there shit together.

From what I've heard, it's the opposite and Milestone is just waiting on DC. Before Rebirth, I think Hudlin said they had pages ready to go out. But since Rebirth happened, it probably got pushed back more.

Since we're on the topic, I actually just visited their facebook page and it appears something might be coming up soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom