• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TEKKEN 7 |OT| How I killed your mother

Asriel

At no point have they indicated any hint of Lei or Julia coming back. They directly stated the new characters were guest characters.

Why people get upset about this is hilarious to me.

Also Geese owns and nobody actually plays Lei, fite me.

There's nothing complicated are silly about the fact that characters that have been mainstays are removed from a fighting game. The same thing happened with SCV.

Let's just say that at this point, ill be waiting for the "Ultimate" version of Tekken.

So geese looks awesome but

Is dlc1 just bowling, and dlc2 just geese? If so that seems... Bad?

Not seeing any direct answers to this or anybody asking this. Makes the season pass seem a little light on stuff.

So geese looks awesome but

Is dlc1 just bowling, and dlc2 just geese? If so that seems... Bad?

Not seeing any direct answers to this or anybody asking this. Makes the season pass seem a little light on stuff.

It's been asked and answered many times in this very thread, look harder.

https://www.bandainamcoent.eu/news/...haracters-from-other-videogames-licenses/6060

DLC1, August: Bowling + 50 costumes
DLC2, Winter: Geese, Geese stage + Geese costumes
DLC3, Spring 2018: A character from another videogame, their stage, their costumes

It's been asked and answered many times in this very thread, look harder.

https://www.bandainamcoent.eu/news/...haracters-from-other-videogames-licenses/6060

DLC1, August: Bowling + 50 costumes
DLC2, Winter: Geese, Geese stage + Geese costumes
DLC3, Spring 2018: A character from another videogame, their stage, their costumes

Sorry, I tried googling.

But doesnt this seem really quite a bad deal? Surprised I haven't heard more uproar about it. 2 characters and bowling for $25? Bowling should have been in the base game.

cordy

Banned
Sorry, I tried googling.

But doesnt this seem really quite a bad deal? Surprised I haven't heard more uproar about it. 2 characters and bowling for $25? Bowling should have been in the base game.

What's bad about it? Bowling couldn't have been in the base game prior to the season pass so would you rather bowling not be included at all?

Spuck-uk

Banned
So people complain about DLC on disk, but also complain when DLC is made after a game is out?

Also games should come out sooner, but also have more content, but also not cost more money.

tenor.gif

Um. Kind of. I haven't bought the season pass yet myself because i don't care about bowling and probably won't play Geese (It's kinda sick he's coming to Tekken though). I want to support them and buy it, but not if it doesn't have stuff i like.

So far Geese's stage is the only thing truly attractive to me. Maybe the costumes will be amazing but i'm not holding my breath.

Overall i don't think it's a terribly bad deal though, compared to other offerings in the genre. And maybe i'll like the second character a lot, who knows.

Which character has the best hop kick?

Claudio. There's a few runners-up, but Claudio has quite definitely the best one.

So people complain about DLC on disk, but also complain when DLC is made after a game is out?

Also games should come out sooner, but also have more content, but also not cost more money.

tenor.gif

Just compared to peers in the genre it seems like not much for $25. But that's why it's optional. Still love the game and think the base content is worth it but not the season pass.

Spuck-uk

Banned
Just compared to peers in the genre it seems like not much for $25. But that's why it's optional. Still love the game and think the base content is worth it but not the season pass.

Personally I think it's about 5$ too much as it stands with the content announced. Depends how many costumes we get really.

Its certainly not taking the piss like 25$ for one stage and a few costumes like SFV is.

Personally I think it's about 5$ too much as it stands with the content announced. Depends how many costumes we get really.

Its certainly not taking the piss like 25$ for one stage and a few costumes like SFV is.

I'm not going to talk shit about the $25 Capcom pro tour bundle because I remember the breakdown that said like 75% of that money goes back into the competitive scene in some way (split between prize pools and helping pay for production costs). I wish more fighting games would do stuff like that.

The rest of SFV's DLC is fucking ridiculous though.

*50 cosmetic items :E

i hope they really add some proper clothing options instead of more silly hats.

Unless all of the costumes are one piece outfits, it should be significantly more than that. The Season Pass gave us "35 Metallic Costumes" which broke down to a lot more items

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
Akira is so misleading, lol.

Like in Art of Fighting and other "clones," including Tekken, the "Ryu" character is telegraphed. But in Virtua Fighter, Akira is actually pretty high skill.

I never did successfully do his 3x body slam chain (for lack of better term) in VF5. Those command inputs were impossible, lol.

Akira is one of the easiest characters in VF5FS and there is now an EZ mode input for his dragon lance combo: 3K+G,P,P+K. Ridiculously easy with basically no timing required at all. IMO last time it was difficult was VF3 tho.

I mean thinking about it from a dev pov, they're probably still in the early phases of developing the 2nd character and are of course still working on geese. How would they have time to announce and develop classic characters to be released before the season pass characters that they're still working on?

This is assuming that classic characters are guaranteed to come, which they arent. If they are though, it only makes sense to expect an announcement after the season pass.

I don't really know what their capabilities are in terms of knocking out new characters. I'd assume bringing back classics is a lot easier from a dev POV than the guest characters. If they are bringing them back at all, it would've nice to get a heads up at least. Keep some hope alive. Even just a "and we've got some classics returning, stay tuned" thing at EVO would've been enough.

You leaving the thread? Thank God...

Excuse me? Nice attitude there.

I watched some of your old Twitch stream. Great work figuring out how to exploit that tool-assisted King that low parried everything.

Watching you I realized that I never use d/b+4. I used to use this poke ALL THE TIME against my friends, but that was usually after sprinting right up into their face when they think I'm going to grab them. People on PC jab so much that I'm afraid I'll get hit before the poke comes out. I just feel like d+3 is a better low poke because it crushes highs.

I also do not use 1, d+2 anywhere near as often as you do. I know it's her staple poke. I'm fond of 2, 1 for spacing purposes even though 1, d+2 is faster.

I pretty much only use AOP d+1 on accident when I'm really trying to d+1+2. It appears that that was your favorite follow-up after a f,f,f+3 blocked kick. I usually just 4~3, but does d+1 have more range? If so, I'll use it more often.

What combos with AOP d+3 on CH? I know that you can just ws+2 after a CH ss+4.

On wall splat I always do 1,2,1 for ez damage, but it appears that Ling players like 1, d/f+1 (RDS), 4.Is that the max damage?

In the last match against Bob, you AOP and looks like you 1,2 (b) canceled into RDS and canceled that into STORMING FLOWER. But you never jab with the 1. I thought you had to commit the 1 for an attack before you could fake into RDS, let alone the RDS cancel to a quick turn. I'm going to have to practice that.

Does RDS f+1+2 parry high kicks and punches or just punches?

I saw you side step left with a spin to make someone wiff. Do the spins have as much range as a side step? My understanding is that b+3+4 (RDS) side steps to the right further than a natural side step (also AOP slightly side steps right, so some folks side step right then AOP for extra evasion). Do the spins also side step more broadly?
Fear of what an opponent might do is not good. You have to take risks and weigh the cost. Xiaoyu even more so, she cant get big damage without putting herself in real danger yet coming out of it like an action hero.

1,d+2 is also a natural combo, so that if you get a hit you can follow up with another attack.

I use AOP d+1 a bit more, because my local scene is quite good at blocking AOP 4~3 on predicted reaction. AOP d+1 is a safer if blocked and the CH of AOP d+1 is also nice.

AOP 3 CH, WS+2, RDS 1,4, f+2, f+2,1,4

I haven't spent much time with it, but Wall 1, d/f+1, RDS 4 is the most damage with momentum after to keep pressure.

RDS f+1+2 only parries high/mid punches

The 3+4 is interesting and seem to evade more than it should at times. I am not certain on its properties other than it is also a punch parry. Also that the entire animation is 25 frames so you can sorta spam it and not get whiff punished easily. Still playing with it myself. I can say that RDS 3+4 is very good at evading and I use it with b+3+4 to really create dizzying situations.

As nerfed as AOP is in T7, I am finding her RDS and spins to be the way to evade. I am sort of annoyed by people losing their junk over AOP. Especially veterans who never said a word till now, when Tekken 5/6 AOP was far FAR better.

Astral

So I've seen CPU Asuka cancel her d/b+4 or some other sweep. How do I do that? I know how to cancel her f+2 but not a sweep.

Why is he considered the most difficult to use?

Kazuya has a limited toolset outside of EWGF. If your electrics and movement aren't on point people have very little to fear from you. He requires a ton of game knowledge to get the most out of him. The other mishimas (DVJ and Jin especially) have more stuff to rely on.

I was hoping for Kiryu, but Geese was pretty much a 1B so I'm still insanely hype for that. I don't think Kiryu's chances are as good as they were originally with all the teases towards 2B and a ASW character, but Nier is godlike and I'm an anime player at heart so I'd still be cool with either of those. Guest character 7 is lookin' mighty fine to me.

Are there any Akuma players here on GAF that could give some general tips? I was planning on picking Akuma up to get used to special cancelling and meter management for when Geese drops, but there's surprisingly next to no info out on Akuma in all the usual spots, outside of watching a bunch of Poongko matches it seems.

AlexM

I didn't realise the DLC characters would be from other franchises

Now with that in mind I hope the next one is Kazuma Kiryu from Yakuza :D

Oh man, I never even considered that but Yakuza characters would be so awesome. I would main Taiga Saijima if he was in the game.

Perineum

Fantastic choice in Geese. He looks perfect.

He is definitely a character I would pick up and main, but I feel like in order to be ready to use him well I would need to learn either Akuma or Eliza now to have meter management built into my game plan and more 2D fighter input execution on deck on pad when I normally player 2D games on stick.

Blah. I can't leave lord Rosie Jizzall though. Those sweater dicks got me hypnotized brews!

Astral

Ok how do you escape throws in this game? From what I understand, basic throws are broken by pressing 1 or 2. If I'm holding back while attempting to break, will it not count? I'm holding back because I'm blocking btw. And what do you do to break command throws?

ZeroX03

Banned
Ok how do you escape throws in this game? From what I understand, basic throws are broken by pressing 1 or 2. If I'm holding back while attempting to break, will it not count? I'm holding back because I'm blocking btw. And what do you do to break command throws?

The direction your holding doesn't matter (okay there's a few obscure exceptions to this but nothing to worry about).

Command throws vary based on the throw, but usually it'll be 1+2. You can tell by which arm extends further, both arms is 1+2, left is 1 and right is 2.

CSX

it is ok to be pressing a directional input as you're breaking a throw

im guessing by command throws, you mean character unique throws? For those throws, you have to pay attention to the opponent's hands. If the left hand is reaching out, press 1. If the right is reaching out to grab you, press 2. If it's both hands, 1+2. Most players go for 1+2 throws since it's harder to break and some have great properties such as kazumi's and josie's which can cause wall splat

For generic throws that all characters have (1+3 and 2+4), they can be broken with either 1 or 2 BUT NOT 1+2!

Also worthy to note, you can't break any throw if you're in the middle of a power crush attack (the normal attacks that have armor properties)

Astral

it is ok to be pressing a directional input as you're breaking a throw

im guessing by command throws, you mean character unique throws? For those throws, you have to pay attention to the opponent's hands. If the left hand is reaching out, press 1. If the right is reaching out to grab you, press 2. If it's both hands, 1+2. Most players go for 1+2 throws since it's harder to break and some have great properties such as kazumi's and josie's which can cause wall splat

For generic throws that all characters have (1+3 and 2+4), they can be broken with either 1 or 2 BUT NOT 1+2!

Also worthy to note, you can't break any throw if you're in the middle of a power crush attack (the normal attacks that have armor properties)

So maybe that's what she was doing. I was fighting a Kazumi player who was doing this grab that involved her doing a flurry of punches. I could've sworn I broke it every time but it wasn't happening. Maybe that was her unique grab?

wrongway

Can anyone help me understand Xiaoyu's standing 3, ff+3 combo starter? It seems like a handy tool but I can't figure out how to be consistent with it. Sometimes the ff+3 will trigger the juggle state, and sometimes it just boots the opponent away. I assume I'm just taking too long to do it in the case of the latter, so I'm hitting them after they've come to rest?

Astral

Jesus Hwoarang is such an aggressive as fuck character. I'm terrified of him. How should I even approach him? Sweeps during flamingo have been kind of effective.

Also, if you don't accept a revenge match, especially after a close match, you're a dick.

Sony

Nintendo
If you're a Tekken fan, you should be happy they're focusing on guest characters. Tekken is really gaining popularity because of that which is much needed for our beloved franchise. Tekken Tag 2 was a near perfect Tekken game, great roster, great mechanics, yet it underperformed. Let them start lean and mean and build from there.

Astral

Can anyone help me understand Xiaoyu's standing 3, ff+3 combo starter? It seems like a handy tool but I can't figure out how to be consistent with it. Sometimes the ff+3 will trigger the juggle state, and sometimes it just boots the opponent away. I assume I'm just taking too long to do it in the case of the latter, so I'm hitting them after they've come to rest?

I main Xiaoyu and that exact same thing happens to me sometimes and you're right. You're just taking too long on the ff+3.

novaGT

Neo Member
Jesus Hwoarang is such an aggressive as fuck character. I'm terrified of him. How should I even approach him? Sweeps during flamingo have been kind of effective.

Also, if you don't accept a revenge match, especially after a close match, you're a dick.

Well Hwoarang isn't very good playing a turtle game, so what can you do?

I concur in the rematches especially with the current state of matchmaking

I use to man K-Bob (Hwoarang) back in the day. If your opponant is a mid tier K-Bob player he will be susceptible to punches when he is in flaminco stance.

Also if he is doing string and is rang 0 or range 1, then a D+1 will stop his momentum.

Also when he is in stance, if your good at universal back dash, you can out space him, and punish.

FAST mid attacks also work well with intermediate K Bobs.

By the time you start leveling up to advance K Bob players, your understand his attacks more so, a andvanced K Bob players does allot of pokes and not so much stances IMHO.

Good luck

wrongway

I main Xiaoyu and that exact same thing happens to me sometimes and you're right. You're just taking too long on the ff+3.

Right on, thanks. Started to get a better feel for it after a bit. Pretty neat move. I thought before that you only got that juggle opportunity on a counter hit.

Astral

I use to man K-Bob (Hwoarang) back in the day. If your opponant is a mid tier K-Bob player he will be susceptible to punches when he is in flaminco stance.

Also if he is doing string and is rang 0 or range 1, then a D+1 will stop his momentum.

Also when he is in stance, if your good at universal back dash, you can out space him, and punish.

FAST mid attacks also work well with intermediate K Bobs.

By the time you start leveling up to advance K Bob players, your understand his attacks more so, a andvanced K Bob players does allot of pokes and not so much stances IMHO.

Good luck

This helps thanks. I did notice I was able to poke him out of some of his strings with a d+1. He's damn scary though.

JEKKI

maaaaaaaan I finally started this game off the Evo hype!!!

but it's so hard! and I chose the worst character too... Hwoarang!!

he's so difficult! lol. I made it all the way to 2nd dan in ranking off losses!!

his stance stuff is so confusing tho, I cant even learn from watching videos coz I never know the situation,

jus gotta keep playing and get a feel!

maaaaaaaan I finally started this game off the Evo hype!!!

but it's so hard! and I chose the worst character too... Hwoarang!!

he's so difficult! lol. I made it all the way to 2nd dan in ranking off losses!!

his stance stuff is so confusing tho, I cant even learn from watching videos coz I never know the situation,

jus gotta keep playing and get a feel!

if you're new to the game, you could just keep playing player matches until you feel like you've gotten hang of it

Top Bottom