• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TEKKEN 7 |OT| How I killed your mother

Should note that it said geese was part of DLC #2. We dont have knowledge of what DLC #1 package contains. Hoping it's bountiful with some legacy thrown in.

Blu(e)

So it looks like Geese has two supers and a rage art. I'm just wondering about that his parry against Jin's rage art. Is that a super or rage art version?

PhineBuyM3

what.png
Geese gets in before Lei or Julia? Fuck this game.

Yeah, if Harada wants to alienate longtime players, he's doing a perfect job right now. At this rate I won't be buying another Tekken game.

I think that is a bit much. I don't think every fighting game has to have every character from the beginning of time in each installment. I think they should only have a few returning characters and then new ones, to force people to learn a different fighter and not stick with the same one forever.

Also it's already been confirmed that the dlc fighters are guest characters. So have fun with your boycott.

Onemic

what.png

Yeah, if Harada wants to alienate longtime players, he's doing a perfect job right now. At this rate I won't be buying another Tekken game.

It was known that the new characters would be guest characters tho. Dunno why you're surprised.

And lol that you wouldnt get another tekken game because your favourite character didnt get in. If I was like that I wouldve quit FG's entirely by now.

It was known that the new characters would be guest characters tho. Dunno why you're surprised.

And lol that you wouldnt get another tekken game because your favourite character didnt get in. If I was like that I wouldve quit FG's entirely by now.

I'm not surprised, just pissed that I believed the rumors of free DLC that would return the classic characters. Instead all we're getting is this paid DLC, which would be fine normally, but this game is so barebones that I expected free DLC to bring it back up to Tekken standards for home releases. I bought it on release to support the Tekken team. That was a mistake.

I would probably also be less upset if they had replaced Lei with someone using a similar style. But Lei and the Changs have no replacements; those unique styles are gone and the game is worse for it. And it is doubly worse by including crossover characters that introduce mechanics that don't really fit in Tekken.

Onemic

I'm not surprised, just pissed that I believed the rumors of free DLC that would return the classic characters. Instead all we're getting is this paid DLC, which would be fine normally, but this game is so barebones that I expected free DLC to bring it back up to Tekken standards for home releases. I bought it on release to support the Tekken team. That was a mistake.

I would probably also be less upset if they had replaced Lei with someone using a similar style. But Lei and the Changs have no replacements; those unique styles are gone and the game is worse for it. And it is doubly worse by including crossover characters that introduce mechanics that don't really fit in Tekken.

If they do announce classic characters why do you think they would announce it before the first guest character or even the second? Tbh if classic characters are coming I dont expect them to be announced until both season pass guest characters have been released.

I had to play with Jin in Tekken 3 instead of Kazuya.

I had to wait until Tekken 5 to get a character who played like Jun.

I miss Lei too (I only liked Julia Chang in Tekken 3 and never cared for her or Michelle beyond that), but this would not be the first time that characters "skipped" a game.

If I'm understanding correctly, Lee was not in the Japanese arcade version of Tekken 7 but he's on consoles, yes? I would be shocked if Lei isn't in the game.

I want Tekken Force mode so bad.

PhineBuyM3

I'm not you, I expect my characters to be in every game. If Yoshi or Feng didn't make the cut, would've told Namco to eat a dick and not buy T7.

KillLaCam

Banned

I miss Lei too (I only liked Julia Chang in Tekken 3 and never cared for her or Michelle beyond that), but this would not be the first time that characters "skipped" a game.

If I'm understanding correctly, Lee was not in the Japanese arcade version of Tekken 7 but he's on consoles, yes? I would be shocked if Lei isn't in the game.

I want Tekken Force mode so bad.

I'd still rather have Jun than Asuka

If they do announce classic characters why do you think they would announce it before the first guest character or even the second? Tbh if classic characters are coming I dont expect them to be announced until both season pass guest characters have been released.

I honestly didn't expect even the paid DLC schedule to have this kind of extended release, and I expected if there was free DLC, it would come soon after release. Why would it be reasonable to have people wait a year before classic characters start coming back?

Jun (who I mained in T2) is not comparable, as she was in one game and then disappeared. Neither is Kazuya, as you could switch to Jin or Heihachi to get your Mishima kicks. Lots of people were axed in T3. It sucked. But Lei was not, and up until now he's been in every Tekken game since 2. And a Chang has been in every Tekken since 1. They are foundational characters in the series as much as Law and Yoshi are. And there's no other characters in T7 that remotely replace their styles.

Onemic

I honestly didn't expect even the paid DLC schedule to have this kind of extended release, and I expected if there was free DLC, it would come soon after release. Why would it be reasonable to have people wait a year before classic characters start coming back?

I mean thinking about it from a dev pov, they're probably still in the early phases of developing the 2nd character and are of course still working on geese. How would they have time to announce and develop classic characters to be released before the season pass characters that they're still working on?

This is assuming that classic characters are guaranteed to come, which they arent. If they are though, it only makes sense to expect an announcement after the season pass.

Xiaoyu players online are unfortunately like Law players. The ones that actually play the character and not just spam SS+3/Dragon Tail over and over are pretty rare. I am open to Xiaoyu mirrors if you like (or any other Xiao's lurking).

PSN/Steam: NinthPixel

I watched some of your old Twitch stream. Great work figuring out how to exploit that tool-assisted King that low parried everything.

Watching you I realized that I never use d/b+4. I used to use this poke ALL THE TIME against my friends, but that was usually after sprinting right up into their face when they think I'm going to grab them. People on PC jab so much that I'm afraid I'll get hit before the poke comes out. I just feel like d+3 is a better low poke because it crushes highs.

I also do not use 1, d+2 anywhere near as often as you do. I know it's her staple poke. I'm fond of 2, 1 for spacing purposes even though 1, d+2 is faster.

I pretty much only use AOP d+1 on accident when I'm really trying to d+1+2. It appears that that was your favorite follow-up after a f,f,f+3 blocked kick. I usually just 4~3, but does d+1 have more range? If so, I'll use it more often.

What combos with AOP d+3 on CH? I know that you can just ws+2 after a CH ss+4.

On wall splat I always do 1,2,1 for ez damage, but it appears that Ling players like 1, d/f+1 (RDS), 4.Is that the max damage?

In the last match against Bob, you AOP and looks like you 1,2 (b) canceled into RDS and canceled that into STORMING FLOWER. But you never jab with the 1. I thought you had to commit the 1 for an attack before you could fake into RDS, let alone the RDS cancel to a quick turn. I'm going to have to practice that.

Does RDS f+1+2 parry high kicks and punches or just punches?

I saw you side step left with a spin to make someone wiff. Do the spins have as much range as a side step? My understanding is that b+3+4 (RDS) side steps to the right further than a natural side step (also AOP slightly side steps right, so some folks side step right then AOP for extra evasion). Do the spins also side step more broadly?

I'm not you, I expect my characters to be in every game. If Yoshi or Feng didn't make the cut, would've told Namco to eat a dick and not buy T7.

I was this way with Tekken Re:gurgitation. Blew my mind Yoshi wasn't in it. But they put that simpleton Kuni in though? Insult to injury. But then, TR was made for people who like their dumbed down RPG Tekken. Yoshi probably would have been rendered Dr B (as in Butt) tier in that game. Same for Lei, I bet.

I'd still rather have Jun than Asuka

Hmmmm. It's a push for me right now. I would like her more if she were not as to Lili as Kuma is to Panda. Her pre and post-fight trash talking is great though. Tiny voice, BIG HANDS!

Jun (who I mained in T2) is not comparable, as she was in one game and then disappeared. Neither is Kazuya, as you could switch to Jin or Heihachi to get your Mishima kicks. Lots of people were axed in T3. It sucked. But Lei was not, and up until now he's been in every Tekken game since 2. And a Chang has been in every Tekken since 1. They are foundational characters in the series as much as Law and Yoshi are. And there's no other characters in T7 that remotely replace their styles.

You argue that nobody "remotely replaces their styles" when it comes to the Changs or Lei in Tekken 7 but dismiss that there was a two-game gap until Kazama Style Karate returned.

lol, at any rate, I don't see them NOT making it into Tekken 7. Again, or as I have said elsewhere, Lee wasn't in ARC Tekken 7, so there is hope.

After Akuma and Geese******** with Heihach does this mean the next character is gonna be Shao Khan or Dural?

I'll take Dural having the same properties as Mokujin.

Shao Khan would be AWESOME tho.

You mean in visual style, right?

Just asking because Akira's fighting style is nothing like Ryu's and Leo already uses that style in Tekken.

Akira is so misleading, lol.

Like in Art of Fighting and other "clones," including Tekken, the "Ryu" character is telegraphed. But in Virtua Fighter, Akira is actually pretty high skill.

I never did successfully do his 3x body slam chain (for lack of better term) in VF5. Those command inputs were impossible, lol.

I think they should only have a few returning characters and then new ones, to force people to learn a different fighter and not stick with the same one forever.

My main team in tag 2 was Lei + Gan. My secondary team was Kuma + Roger. My third team were Julia + Michelle.

Only Kuma made it into T7. I lost over 80% of characters I had learned.

Spuck-uk

Banned
what.png

At no point have they indicated any hint of Lei or Julia coming back. They directly stated the new characters were guest characters.

Why people get upset about this is hilarious to me.

Also Geese owns and nobody actually plays Lei, fite me.

Spuck-uk

Banned
Akiras design is incredibly dull, he has literally no personality, and his martial art is already in the game.

Now Goh Hinagami, that's someone I can get into.

Would love to see them add the color black back, if only for the hair.

that too, i would pay 5$ extra. Also the game is entirely missing any realistic hue for brunettes :E

For some items like the crop top it's still the true black if you just equip it, but if you try to change it's colour, it reverts to the new gray :E

Top Bottom