• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken 7 PC performance thread

Anteater

Runs well so far at ultra settings, 1080p. GTX 970, i7 6700K, 16GB RAM.
e76d048754.png

59a2f62427.png

is that really rendering at 1080p? Looks blurry

Pachimari

Apparently yes turning motion blur off helps

He said that best he got it to 1080p/60fps with 100% scaling, everything high except post processing, no blur. Sent this screenshot:

Hmm, those are some not so good looking textures, and I hope downsampling might get rid of some of the aliasing.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Anyone got footage of the game with motion blur enabled? Curious to see how it looks, as that's not in the console version.

Anyone got footage of the game with motion blur enabled? Curious to see how it looks, as that's not in the console version.
Still uploading: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dxfu8dknpt0

Set the motion blur to medium and all graphics settings to ultra. 4k on a 1070 doesn't take. :(

Don't laugh at how bad I am. My first match, I don't know how to play Tekken and I'm mashing. I couldn't even get his LPRPWR out lmao fml. Is there a mode where you can practice the moves and it confirms when you've performed it successfully? I can't find an option in practice.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
This game actually scales down pretty decently- it's playable on my Surface Pro 4 i5. What I don't get is why it's 60 fps in training mode, but 30-40 fps in arcade mode. It seems noticeably higher-res in arcade for some reason. Very strange.

About to try this on my desktop with 21:9 monitor. This is a first for fighting games, to my knowledge.

Incorrect, it does have 21:9 support:

TNWfg0al.jpg

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
how do I get rid of this damn film grain

I'd guess it's tied to the post-processing effects setting. That's the crappy thing about UE4 versus 3: the extent to which you can externally tweak a game is virtually non-existent. Here's the game's config file:

[/Script/Engine.GameUserSettings]
LastUserConfirmedResolutionSizeX=0
LastUserConfirmedResolutionSizeY=0
WindowPosX=0
WindowPosY=0
bUseDesktopResolutionForFullscreen=False
LastConfirmedFullscreenMode=0
PreferredFullscreenMode=0
Version=5
AudioQualityLevel=0
FrameRateLimit=0.000000
DesiredScreenWidth=1280
bUseDesiredScreenHeight=False
DesiredScreenHeight=720
LastRecommendedScreenWidth=-1.000000
LastRecommendedScreenHeight=-1.000000
LastCPUBenchmarkResult=-1.000000
LastGPUBenchmarkResult=-1.000000
LastGPUBenchmarkMultiplier=1.000000
FullscreenMode=1

[ScalabilityGroups]
sg.ShadowQuality=3
sg.PostProcessQuality=3
sg.TextureQuality=3
sg.EffectsQuality=3

Styx 2's is even worse:

[/Script/Engine.GameUserSettings]
bUseDesiredScreenHeight=False
LastCPUBenchmarkResult=-1.000000
LastGPUBenchmarkResult=-1.000000
LastGPUBenchmarkMultiplier=1.000000
bUseVSync=True
LastUserConfirmedResolutionSizeX=1920
LastUserConfirmedResolutionSizeY=1080
LastConfirmedFullscreenMode=1

JaseC

Why is it $50 on Steam but $60 on PSN?

There are no certification or platform licensing fees on the PC. The Steamworks SDK is free, generating keys is free, release approval is free and publishing a patch is not only free but also instantaneous.

DrStruts

Neo Member
I seem to be getting a consistent crash on my version. If I go into character customization and try to take a snapshot of the character's new costume, the game freezes and displays a error message saying "Unreal has lost the D3D driver" or something along those lines. Anyone else getting this issue?

I'd guess it's tied to the post-processing effects setting. That's the crappy thing about UE4 versus 3: the extent to which you can externally tweak a game is virtually non-existent. Here's the game's config file:

Styx 2's is even worse:
uggh, thats fucking brutal, I finally found the config files, buried in appdata

C:\Users\(username)\AppData\Local\TekkenGame\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor

EDIT:
just found on steam forums a way to get rid of CA, gonna test that now
http://steamcommunity.com/app/389730/discussions/0/1291817837620897958/

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
This game actually scales down pretty decently- it's playable on my Surface Pro 4 i5. What I don't get is why it's 60 fps in training mode, but 30-40 fps in arcade mode. It seems noticeably higher-res in arcade for some reason. Very strange.

About to try this on my desktop with 21:9 monitor. This is a first for fighting games, to my knowledge.

Incorrect, it does have 21:9 support:

TNWfg0al.jpg

A NEW CHALLENGER APPEARS! Crossing fingers Lyte!

Lyte Edge

Styx 2's is even worse:

Where is the config file located?

s_mirage

What's rendering scale? I swear every PC game these days has some graphics option I've never seen before and no explanation for what it does.

I haven't played this yet but usually that option controls the internal resolution the game renders at. The value will be a percentage of the selected rendering resolution; higher than 100% and the game will be downsampled from a higher resolution, lower and it will be upscaled.

Carlius

Banned
Shame no HDR but not surprised there isn't. Then again HDR is borked on Windows 10 anyway so it's not lost. Still would've been nice in the grand scheme of things.

PC games are nearly always cheaper for whatever reason.

except its 60 bucks on gmg with a discount that lowers it to 50 now, it was 42 before.

Lyte Edge

Restarted the game on my Surface Pro 4...arcade mode now runs at the right resolution and is back to 59-60 fps. So the game for whatever reason changed to what appeared to be 1280x720 or higher the last time I tried it...so weird.

Meanwhile, the game is still unpacking on my desktop, lol.

C:\Users\[account name]\AppData\Local\TekkenGame\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor. GameUserSettings.ini is the one you want; the others are blank.

Thanks!

JaseC

Setting Post Processing to low (can't turn it off) cleans up the softness quite a bit.

34876889472_0f85f36cdf_o.png

Try opening C:\Users\[account name]\AppData\Local\TekkenGame\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor\GameUserSettings.ini and setting sg.PostProcessQuality to 0.

So far so good on my 6700k and GTX 1070. I can run the game at 4k 60FPS with most of the settings on Ultra, turned post-processing to low because I prefer the cleaner look and I don't have motion blur on. Using a Rage Art lowers my FPS somewhat so I'm still tweaking to see what I can do to get every last bit out of the game.

Overall seems like it's a pretty solid PC port, but at least for me it seems like setting the Rendering Scale is doing nothing. I tried setting it to 200 at 1080p, which should be equal to 4K, but my GPU load didn't increase at all, still displaying 1080p. Using DSR to get to 4K works fine though, though I think I'd like the rendering scale better since it shouldn't introduce overhead like DSR.

do you lose anything by turning off post-processing?

If not turning it off and downsampling from 4K might be the best way to go for me (i7 7700k + GTX 1080Ti)

Korezo

Games says its running at 60 fps constant but the game at random points feels choppy. Don't know whats wrong the game also has huge input lag. Im playing on borderless mode with a 980ti i72600k .

Skyzard

Banned
Anyone else notice the rendering scaling being a bit weird?

I'm on a 980ti and 4.4GHz 4700K

2560x1440
200% rendering scale (which should be like 5K)
max settings
motion blur medium
60fps no drops

100% rendering scale
same setting as above
drops to 40

:S

Looks noticeably better with the 4K resolution (using a 4K monitor) than any rendering scaling setting with 2560....

Top Bottom