• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken 7 PC performance thread

Newboi

Really?? That's like running at 8K. I can't even run this game with no bears on a regular stage at 5K without frames dropping.

Yeah, I spoke too soon. Kuma and Panda absolutely tank my performance at 4K. The framerate drops down to around 46fps regularly with those two on screen at once. I was doing test matches at 4K at 200 Resolution scale just for giggles and didn't seem to drop below 59fps on the few stages I tried. I didn't do indepth testing, so I can't say my frametimes were completely stable or anything. No rage arts or supers were done, but I was honestly surprised. The kids playroom stage with the bears is murder though.

AllenShrz

How? o.o I'm running a GTX 1070 and with all at Ultra, AA Off I get 38fps @4k :(

1440p is no problem though, 60fps locked with AA and everything maxed and it looks great! :D

System:

GTX 1070 Palit DUAL @ 2ghz core / +500mhz memory
i5 3570k @ 4.4ghz
16gb 2000mz RAM
Windows 7

I haven't updated to the newest drivers yet.

I'm not running ultra, no AA some settings high and other mids with the auto adjustable settings on.

DKF590

Running pretty smoothly at 4k on a 1070 mostly on ultra with some slight tweaks. Lowering AA to low seemed to help a lot with the blurryness. High AA + High Post Processing was extremely blurry.

low-G

I GOT RID OF THE FUCKING GRAIN!!

Some quick googling about unreal engine 4, added this to the same scalibility.ini file

r.Tonemapper.GrainQuantization=0

so here is my file now

Code:
[PostProcessQuality@2]
r.SceneColorFringeQuality=0

[PostProcessQuality@3]
r.SceneColorFringeQuality=0

this file for anyone just seeing this now
C:\Users\*user*\AppData\Local\TekkenGame\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor\Scalability.ini

When I do this my CA is definitely gone, but so seems to be the motion blur?

petran79

Banned
Does game run without Internet connection? Denuvo and such.Plan to play on laptop

It doesn't support 21:9. I already was able to talk to a guy in the steam forums and he posted screenshots and a video.

Ill just post my reddit link since it contains everything.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ultrawidemasterrace/comments/6eqmyl/tekken_7_doesnt_support_219/

A simple HEX edit will solve this,just like with DOA5LR.
Or did they remove it because in online matches ultra wide screen players would have a slight advantage?

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Still uploading: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dxfu8dknpt0

Set the motion blur to medium and all graphics settings to ultra. 4k on a 1070 doesn't take. :(

Don't laugh at how bad I am. My first match, I don't know how to play Tekken and I'm mashing. I couldn't even get his LPRPWR out lmao fml. Is there a mode where you can practice the moves and it confirms when you've performed it successfully? I can't find an option in practice.

Thanks for the share. Seems that the motion blur isn't as noticeable on medium than it was in the other titles. Now I wonder how it looks on higher settings...

LegendX48

i7 3770k @ 4.2ghz
RX 480 8gb
16gb DDR3 ram

Oh dear... 60gb and I think my install is completely broken cause the game is completely fucked on my pc. Stutters like absolute shit, intro cutscene before the title screen stutters like crazy and the game can't properly read my controller. Navigating the menus is far more difficult than it has any right to be as it constantly stutters hard.

Gonna try the game cache validation.

Edit: Validating cleared up the issues! Thank goodness. So, why is the game so blurry?

BigSauce

Neo Member
Not sure if this is happening to anyone else here, but I've been running into a consistent crash whenever I fight Kazumi in arcade mode. After I win the first round and the cutscene plays, the screen will turn white and I'll get this error message: "Unreal Engine is exiting due to D3D device being lost."

This log also appears in my clipboard after it happens:

LowLevelFatalError [File:c:\perforce\tk7\depot3\develop\ue4\Engine\Source\Runtime\RenderCore\Private\RenderingThread.cpp] [Line: 721]
Rendering thread exception:
LowLevelFatalError [File:c:\perforce\tk7\depot3\develop\ue4\Engine\Source\Runtime\Windows\D3D11RHI\Private\D3D11Util.cpp] [Line: 177]
Unreal Engine is exiting due to D3D device being lost. (Error: 0x887A0006 - 'HUNG')

KERNELBASE.dll
TekkenGame-Win64-Shipping.exe
KERNEL32.DLL
ntdll.dll
ntdll.dll

Anyone have any suggestions on troubleshooting?

Fujinn

Overall the game runs pretty good. But i have this weird bug that whenever i enter character customization the game renders at my native resolution regardless of the resolution scale i have choosen in options. After that the game renders at that res until i restart it.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

GPU driver errors typically point to either a driver issue or card instability. If uninstalling your current drivers with Display Driver Uninstaller then reinstalling the most recent ones doesn't work, try using MSI Afterburner to slightly underclock your card. There are links to the latest drivers and Afterburner in the OP.

cwistofu

Not sure if this is happening to anyone else here, but I've been running into a consistent crash whenever I fight Kazumi in arcade mode. After I win the first round and the cutscene plays, the screen will turn white and I'll get this error message: "Unreal Engine is exiting due to D3D device being lost."

This log also appears in my clipboard after it happens:

LowLevelFatalError [File:c:\perforce\tk7\depot3\develop\ue4\Engine\Source\Runtime\RenderCore\Private\RenderingThread.cpp] [Line: 721]
Rendering thread exception:
LowLevelFatalError [File:c:\perforce\tk7\depot3\develop\ue4\Engine\Source\Runtime\Windows\D3D11RHI\Private\D3D11Util.cpp] [Line: 177]
Unreal Engine is exiting due to D3D device being lost. (Error: 0x887A0006 - 'HUNG')

KERNELBASE.dll
KERNEL32.DLL
ntdll.dll
ntdll.dll

I get the D3D message whenever I try to take a screenshot for costume changes.

Which is annoying because the game forces me to take a screenshot, meaning I can't set any costumes :(

Nocturno999

i5 4670k
AMD 480 Rx
8 GB RAM

Runs like butter @1080p 60 FPS Maxxed
I'm not sure if downsampling it causes more input lag. I rather play it at native res.

M_A_C

Aris keeps repeating on his stream that the PC version is better than console right now. Better network connections and graphics so that cool.

Renekton

Aris keeps repeating on his stream that the PC version is better than console right now. Better network connections and graphics so that cool.
sppDAxR.jpg

Massive if true.

Pouh

Runs really fine for me on Ultra (i5-6500 / GeForce GTX 980), on a 1360*768 monitor. But the game doesn't seem to like Alt+Tabs, and I already have 2 crashes to desktop within 90 minutes.

mcmmaster

Runs flawlessly at 1440p with everything at max on my 1070/i7 2600k, also thanks for those .ini adjustments Shadow.

Would just like to note, everyone that said Eliza wouldn't come with cdkeys are in fact wrong, she came included with the code to redeem the game!

EDIT: Okay i'm wrong, I assumed because I got Eliza with cdkeys everyone got her, my bad.

NEO0MJ

For some reason after extended play on my laptop the framerate seems to drop to 40 FPS. Is it just that taxing on it or is there another reason for that?

Edit: my specs:

CPU: Intel i7 3635QM (equivalent to a Intel Core i5-2310)
GPU: AMD Radeon HD 8870m (equivalent to a Nividia GTX 650)
Ram: 12 GB

So guys, what's the deal on loading times?

Do I need to put this on my SSD or will it be acceptable on my regular HDD?

I think it's better to put it in the SSD. Loading takes a long time on a HDD.

Runs flawlessly at 1440p with everything at max on my 1070/i7 2600k, also thanks for those .ini adjustments Shadow.

Would just like to note, everyone that said Eliza wouldn't come with cdkeys are in fact wrong, she came included with the code to redeem the game!

To be fair, cdkeys themselves said she wouldn't come with the game.

BigSauce

Neo Member
GPU driver errors typically point to either a driver issue or card instability. If uninstalling your current drivers with Display Driver Uninstaller then reinstalling the most recent ones doesn't work, try using MSI Afterburner to slightly underclock your card. There are links to the latest drivers and Afterburner in the OP.

Just finished trying both suggestions. No luck, unfortunately. Still, thank you for the advice and links. I did do some searching and found that others with the same card as me (Radeon R9 380) have been having similar crashing. One potential solution that popped up concerned changing the game from borderless window to fullscreen or windowed mode. Unfortunately, that hasn't worked for me either. Maybe I'll try rolling back to earlier drivers or tinkering with values more in Afterburner.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Just finished trying both suggestions. No luck, unfortunately. Still, thank you for the advice and links. I did do some searching and found that others with the same card as me (Radeon R9 380) have been having similar crashing. One potential solution that popped up concerned changing the game from borderless window to fullscreen or windowed mode. Unfortunately, that hasn't worked for me either. Maybe I'll try rolling back to earlier drivers or tinkering with values more in Afterburner.

Hmm, there does seem to be a problem with the 380 and UE4 in general. Trying your luck with older drivers is your best bet at this juncture.

selo

Had a feeling that would be why. Never happened so fast with a game before, though.

I'd suggest changing your thermal paste, I did this recently and the overheating in my laptop is gone, its always cool now

Speaking of which, my laptop runs this at 1270x720 at an average of 44 fps on the intel HD 4000 :p. Not bad, I didn't expect to be able to play this at all, great stuff (everything on lowest of course)

NEO0MJ

I'd suggest changing your thermal paste, I did this recently and the overheating in my laptop is gone, its always cool now

I guess I can do that. Plus I haven't cleaned it from the inside in quite some time. I'm deathly afraid of taking anything inside apart, though. Should probably back up anything important before doing it.

dadjumper

Is there any way to change the controls in the customization menu so I can rotate the camera on an arcade stick or do I need to just use a gamepad?

Top Bottom