• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken 7 PC performance thread

I can't seem to get rid of grain and chromatic aberration, even though I did what everyone else is doing and made triple sure to edit the correct file :(

Any help guys?

dawid

When having DSR enabled the game forces itself to 4k. Any fixes for this? Want to use DSR in other games and still be able to play T7 in 1080p.

mcmmaster

So this was running flawlessly just moments ago on my rig (1070/i7 2600k), I had matches both offline and online at a consistent 60fps. Now out of nowhere after opening the game i'm getting stuttering/lag straight from the get go, game starts lagging as early as when the Bandai logo comes up and Jin and Kazuya throw punches.

On the main menu the framerate is constantly shifting between 30-50fps with a lot of lag whilst cycling through the menu, in-game is more or less the same performance. I've tried installing the Tekken 7 Nvidia driver, moving the game from my SSD to HDD, restarting/shutting down my computer and changing graphic settings all to low but their is still no change. Temp/Load on my GPU and CPU seem normal so nothing strange is going on there, I just opened up Vanquish and The Witcher 3 to see if it could be my computer acting up but they're both running fine.

Anyone else suffering from this or have any suggestions?

EDIT: Never mind, it was my Hori Commander 4 causing this, weird right. Unplugged it and the framerate suddenly went back to 60, plugged it back in and the framerate tanked. I solved this by flicking the switch on the pad to change it to Dualshock 3 mode instead of 4. This is even more weird because i'm sure it was in Dualshock 4 mode earlier when the framerate was fine. Whatever at least it's fixed now, time for some Tekken!

Yudoken

I can't seem to get rid of grain and chromatic aberration, even though I did what everyone else is doing and made triple sure to edit the correct file :(

Any help guys?

Try it again but change the file to read only after the edit.

SF V was exactly like this.

Is this UE4??
Wow, why is it so ugly? These textures... PS4 version looks atrocious.

PC version looks very, very beautiful.

Especially in motion with the awesome motion blur.

But honestly ca and film grain kinda ruins the visuals.

Disabling them is a must.

Playing on 1440p downsampled to 1080p with max settings besides anti aliasing (disabled), shadows and post (high).

For a GTX 970 that's really good.

Christ, why is the PS4 so blurry!?

900p, chromatic abomination, film grain and possible fxaa.

Mixed that up with overall lower settings and you have this.

Still amazing that it runs that well on consoles in my opinion.

Momentary

Banned

Any help guys?

Try it again but change the file to read only after the edit.

SF V was exactly like this.

He's right. I had the same issue earlier in the day and just made the file read only and it work.

Christ, why is the PS4 so blurry!?

Is this UE4??

The Pro version, from what I've seen in videos, looks way better than this. The PS4 version is the version that the opted not to show in promotional material.

vocab

Runs flawlessly at 1440p with everything at max on my 1070/i7 2600k, also thanks for those .ini adjustments Shadow.

Would just like to note, everyone that said Eliza wouldn't come with cdkeys are in fact wrong, she came included with the code to redeem the game!
I dont have eliza with my cdkey. Bummer.

Fitts

Had to go to bed last night, but checked the thread to get some tips and then booted the game up to do some quick tweaking. Not able to mess with this until tonight, but what's the difference between the post processing settings? I set it to low straight out of the gate to eliminate "softness," but I see that turning off CA and grain kills that anyway. So what's the advantage of high/ultra after they're turned off? What's the difference between low and medium?

Tyaren

Is this UE4??

UE4 games, running in 60fps, seem to not scale down so well on consoles. Another example is Street Fighter V. It also doesn't look half as good on PS4 as it looks on PC. Poor IQ, blurry textures, poor texture filtering and those dithered shadows. At least they seem to have finally fixed those in the beta or turned them simply off.
Unreal Engine 3 games however seem to run and look just fine on PS4, Injustice 2 and Guilty Gear Xrd being two prime examples.
No tech expert here, but maybe UE4 isn't as optimized for consoles yet?

AlanOC91

Is it confirmed that 4k at 100% scale looks bad? Should I set it to something else when I get home later?

On a 980ti with a 6700k.

Pachimari

I get the D3D message whenever I try to take a screenshot for costume changes.

Which is annoying because the game forces me to take a screenshot, meaning I can't set any costumes :(

This is what exactly happens to me too, what a bummer.

GPU driver errors typically point to either a driver issue or card instability. If uninstalling your current drivers with Display Driver Uninstaller then reinstalling the most recent ones doesn't work, try using MSI Afterburner to slightly underclock your card. There are links to the latest drivers and Afterburner in the OP.

Where do I underclock my GPU? I'm in MSI Afterburner, and I remember having overclocked it for Overwatch before, I just can't for the life of me remember which one is for underclocking. It looks like this:

5hUk37H.png

Zafir

I got pretty decent performance at 1440p on my 970. Was mostly 60fps, but some move effects randomly caused some slow downs, so I'll have to look into that.

Also didn't get her with my key from cdkeys.

mcmmaster

I know I shouldn't be doing this, but I just love comparison shots.

I'll just leave this here.

http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/211546

Are we sure that isn't a screen capture from YouTube footage or something for the PS4 version, I can't imagine it being that blurry on PS4.

Sorry to hear that, I assumed because I got it everyone got it. I ordered the standard edition from them in April, could have something to do with it or it was just random.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Where do I underclock my GPU? I'm in MSI Afterburner, and I remember having overclocked it for Overwatch before, I just can't for the life of me remember which one is for underclocking. It looks like this:

Adjust the core/memory clock offsets to the left.

ZeroX03

Banned
Finally managed to run it on my GTX1080 downsampled from 4K to 1440p (ASUS PG279Q) with everything set to maximum with CA and Film Grain off. It looks phenomenal.

oRuin

Running a Sandybridge 2500k @ 4.8ghz
Geforce GTX 970
Displaying on my Samsung KS8000
Runs perfectly 4k 60fps vsync enabled.
Used the tweaks to clean up the image a bit. Looks really nice now!

edit: ignore, I'm still waking up!

He's right. I had the same issue earlier in the day and just made the file read only and it work.

The Pro version, from what I've seen in videos, looks way better than this. The PS4 version is the version that the opted not to show in promotional material.

Got it to work, turns out the grain can't go away with that command (and I already tried all possible ways, including read only). Check Precipice of Fate. CA does go away though :)

Playing on Medium right now, seems to be the best solution.

Hmm, wouldn't it be fair to do a PC vs Pro then because the base PS4 version isn't even 1080p.
Just did some direct comparisons, flicking between the Pro version and 4K downsampled PC screenshots. Downsampling gives you less aliasing on character models (obviously) and the texture filtering on floors is better. But apart from that, it's really hard to spot any differences.A direct 1080p to 1080p comparison would almost identical, apart from texture filtering.This is only one stage though and it's hard to do good comparisons.

Drem

Neo Member
Same here. Incredibly long. Taking forever to sync at the start of online matches and have had a few network errors.

I think it's gotta be a bug cuz the game runs great.

I'm also having this problem. I counted 56 seconds between stage select and match start. A friend was having the same issue but he said it suddenly stopped happening and he's now getting 20 second loads. He and you guys are the only other people I've found mention this though.

I've tried verifying file integrity, rebooting the PC, and reinstalling graphics drivers but nothing has helped.

Tyaren

Another problem is that unless you take console screenshots with an external capture device the image will be compressed and lose detail.

You can take uncompressed screenshots directly with your console, at least on PS4.

Taken in Injustice 2 by me:
33856215413_b2df944c3f_o.png

Tekken 7 just has poor image quality on console...

Yudoken

Running a Sandybridge 2500k @ 4.8ghz
Geforce GTX 970
Displaying on my Samsung KS8000
Runs perfectly 4k 60fps vsync enabled.
Used the tweaks to clean up the image a bit. Looks really nice now!

Settings?
Because 1440p with mostly max settings (no aa, high post and shadows) pretty much takes about up 90% in certain stages (and bear).

High shadows is basically pushing it up to 100% in some stages and characters and the game needs to be stable 60 in fights.

How did you achieve that with a single 970?

Spuck-uk

Banned
Are we sure that isn't a screen capture from YouTube footage or something for the PS4 version, I can't imagine it being that blurry on PS4.

Sorry to hear that, I assumed because I got it everyone got it. I ordered the standard edition from them in April, could have something to do with it or it was just random.

It is quite blurry on PS4, I own the game on PC and PS4 and it looks a LOT better on PC

PS4 is where the better players are though soooo..

Runs flawlessly at 1440p with everything at max on my 1070/i7 2600k, also thanks for those .ini adjustments Shadow.

Would just like to note, everyone that said Eliza wouldn't come with cdkeys are in fact wrong, she came included with the code to redeem the game!
I didnt get a code for eliza 😔

oRuin

Settings?
Because 1440p with mostly max settings (no aa, high post and shadows) pretty much takes about up 90% in certain stages (and bear).

High shadows is basically pushing it up to 100% in some stages and characters and the game needs to be stable 60 in fights.

How did you achieve that with a single 970?

Ignore me, I was running in borderless mode and the resolution was showing up as 4k. It was actually running in 1080p. I'm sitting far away in the living room so hard to tell lol.
4k gets me 30-35 at best. Trying 1440 now and see how things go.
Apologies!

is that really rendering at 1080p? Looks blurry

Check the resolution scaling. Depending on what it's on. Makes the game look alot more blurry if lowered. It looked like there was vaseline on my screen when I had it at 70% and I bumped that up to 100% and it made a huge difference.

Pachimari

What would one recommend I put the resolution scaling on? I run it 3840x2160 on a 1080p monitor. So I'm basically downsampling from 4K? And my scaling is at 90.

vg260

Tekken 7 just has poor image quality on console...

You think consoles have it bad, you should check out the arcade version. But yeah, Tekken 7 is not a looker.

I haven't been following the game much, but I was always under the impression it was supposed to be one of or the best looking fighter based on what people were saying. Was there some sort of unexpected downgrade from what people had been seeing earlier? Definitely seems like it has some image quality issues.

Luigiv

What would one recommend I put the resolution scaling on? I run it 3840x2160 on a 1080p monitor. So I'm basically downsampling from 4K? And my scaling is at 90.

If resolution scaling works the same in this game as it does in most others then 90% resolution scaling means you're not actually running at 3840x2160 but something slightly lower. Since you're downscaling to 1080p it probably wont make a huge difference, but disabling res scaling will probably give you a slightly cleaner image with proper integer scaling (though at the cost of higher GPU usage, of course).

I haven't been following the game much, but I was always under the impression it was supposed to be one of or the best looking fighter based on what people were saying. Was there some sort of unexpected downgrade from what people had been seeing earlier? Definitely seems like it has some image quality issues.
In person the game is blurry as fuck on the arcade screen. Game looked like it was being upscaled from 720p to me, though that could have been the postprocessing playing a trick on my eyes. I guess it does look pretty graphically impressive compared to most of the other games in the Japanese Arcades (Arcades just aren't the power house they use to be), I'd rank it well below most other AAA fighters on consoles.

I bought mine on PlayAsia cause it was cheaper and I never got a code for her either :(

Me too :(

(But I did save 20 bucks from standard steam price)

Ran it last night on my medium rig (i5-6600k no OC, GTX1060). It can do 4K on medium settings and is stable AF. Handles 1440p ultra like a champ.

I will try the tweaks mentioned here in the night

Pachimari

If resolution scaling works the same in this game as it does in most others then 90% resolution scaling means you're not actually running at 3840x2160 but something slightly lower. Since you're downscaling to 1080p it probably wont make a huge difference, but disabling res scaling will probably give you a slightly cleaner image with proper integer scaling (though at the cost of higher GPU usage, of course).

Oh, I can't disable scaling in the game. Guess I'll just have to do with 90.

-------------------------------------------------

Nobody else getting this bug?

Code:
[img]http://i.imgur.com/6VejOWt.jpg[/img]

Slaythe

So heh what I am supposed to do to improve the look of the game ?

I play at 1080p and it looks super blurry despite 200 rendering.

Top Bottom