• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken 8 is a crash fest on consoles

ManaByte

No idea if the PC version is bad, but the PS5 and XSX versions of Tekken 8 are crashing disasters. No idea what reviewers played because there’s no way Namco should’ve shipped this.

Most of the crashes I’ve had is when it’s trying to connect to an online opponent. It’s like DOA5, which crashed when trying to connect as well.

Will there be an apology Tweet from Harada?

Last edited:

ManaByte

It's happening on PC too.
Angry Fed Up GIF

nbkicker

On my pc my sounds is fucked up crackling like out and when music playing all distorted, seriously hoping they fix this otherwise will be asking for steam refund and coming back when it reported running ok

Raonak

Banned
I'd be surprised, tekken games are usually extremely polished on release.

Do you know if it happens during story/offline? or is it just happening when connecting to online opponents.

Because it sounds like it's just cause of servers getting hammered.

Last edited:

Doom85

MK > tekken.

Come at me tekbros.

And Street Fighter, as the true king, watches as all the other fighting series duke it out with one another for second place:

let them fight fighting GIF

But yeah, for both Mortal Kombat and Tekken, I only dabble in them occasionally. There’s way too much coming out right now plus everything from last year I need to catch up on, I had to pass on Tekken 8 for now. But I hope the server issues get fixed soon for those of you playing.

Kacho

Sounds like Tekken is doing quite well if the servers can’t handle the load. Congrats Harada.

//DEVIL//

On my pc my sounds is fucked up crackling like out and when music playing all distorted, seriously hoping they fix this otherwise will be asking for steam refund and coming back when it reported running ok
Don't have this problem. On PC too and been playing for 2 hours

Three

Probably connection and traffic issues. I don't know if it's just me but the entire Internet just seems slow these past couple of days. Is it just my isp shitting the bed or something to do with those MS hacks?

ManaByte

Calm down.
Day one server issues doesn't mean the game is 'unplayable' or 'shouldn't have shipped like this'. Demanding a refund is an overreaction.

Do what you like, but for real: launch day network issues are pretty much to be expected.
Network issues don’t cause clients to hard crash to the console dashboard.

Meicyn

Gold Member
Complete nonsense.

Hard crashes can happen for many technical reason depending on how it's been coded up.

All reports seem to indicate that it is only happening when connecting online.
Yep, loosely related, Fortnite Festival is also experiencing hard crashes on every platform when a player drops from the group… you have about a 50% chance the client hardlocks. It started after Tuesday’s update, Harmonix is trying to resolve it. It’s specific to that mode, all other modes work fine.

Both that and Tekken 8 are Unreal 5 titles, for whatever that’s worth.

Last edited:

Codeblew

I don't disagree, but the servers seem to be the cause for the crash in this specific case.

Just saying that a client should prevent bad data, lack of data or unexpected data from crashing the client. They have bad data validation and/or bad error handling in the client that is making it crash.

The client should never blindly trust the data it receives from the server and the server should never blindly trust the data it receives from the client. In both cases, the client or server should ensure that the other can not cause itself to crash.

Last edited:

//DEVIL//

Glad I didn’t buy this today, just going to wait for sale on Black Friday and continue playing sf6.
I am sorry but this is just a sad post.

Just say you can't afford it. Or you don't like Tekken or anything that can be accepted as a logical answer.

From buying day one to wait 11 months for a black Friday deal because the game is huge it crashed their server...

This is just a sad post 😂

Last edited:

Klosshufvud

Yeah it's going to get worse during the weekend. Servers are about to get hammered by hundreds of thousands. Will probably take a week or two before it's stabilized.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
One person has lots of crashes and declares the game trash for everyone. Ok.
People have zero patience these days, I paid my $100 I demand immediate satisfaction.
Be damned if it's one day of issues, the internet, or just my machine, or just bad luck, off it goes, and I'll take the time to slam it on the internet too instead of just waiting a day or two to see if things improve.
Can't even be bother to qualify where it crashes (online) in the title so that everyone who doesn't read the thread just thinks it's bad all over and you can't even play single player.

Maybe next time try: "Is anyone else having issues online with Tekken 8 today?" instead of calling it a crash fest.

Last edited:

StereoVsn

One person has lots of crashes and declares the game trash for everyone. Ok.
People have zero patience these days, I paid my $100 I demand immediate satisfaction.
Be damned if it's one day of issues, the internet, or just my machine, or just bad luck, off it goes, and I'll take the time to slam it on the internet too instead of just waiting a day or two to see if things improve.
It’s a lot more than one person. Day 1 shouldn’t be an excuse for crashes. After all these companies are all too happy to take customers’ money Day 1, no?

FeralEcho

Good thing I couldn't care less about online.... I'm here for all that Mishima story madness,and the arcade tour and fighting,all the singleplayer stuff has always been more appealing to me than online even though I do dabble in online every now and then.

Tekken 5 and 6 are some of my favourite fighting games and the only mp I was playing on them was local with my friends....Which I plan to do with Tekken 8 as well though not at launch.In Tekken 7 I mostly played Treasure battle and arcade.

Hopefully Harada and co. adress these issues and fix them quickly.

Last edited:
Top Bottom