• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tell me what you know about Lego.

Haemi

Very expensive stuff but a lot of fun for people who like to build stuff. Lego is like the Apple of building blocks.

I prefer Lego Technic because of the higher complexity. Bought a Cada racing car last easter. It‘s a lot cheaper than original Lego.

Can also be quite educational. See Lego Mindstorms. Universities have competitions using them where they have to write controller software for robots to solve obstacle courses. I‘ve build a delta robot a few years ago for work with Lego Mindstorms to test some algorithms before running it on a real (expensive) one.

jason10mm

Gold Member
All I know is the Lego Friends sets are frigging awesome and Anita's bitching isn't going to change that.
Who complains about the Friends sets? Those are awesome, my daughter loves them, and I wish they would add some of the "play" functionality of those sets to other IPs.

jason10mm

Gold Member
Super expensive, brick quality is getting worse, stickers on expensive editions.

Stuff like mould king or Cobi is better.
I've not noticed any decline in brick quality.

I have seen the OBVIOUS lower quality in non-lego sets though, both in building instructions AND brick tolerances/plastic quality. Lego doesn't allow certain types of joinings for a reason, they always make sure things are well supported during the build, and their brick qulaity is unmatched.

Obviously now that they have a china factory I imagine all their processes have been stolen but maybe there wasn't much special about them to prevent that anyway?

I enjoy the large elaborate "adult" sets, though unfortunately many of the star wars ones are just a sea of light grey, dark grey, and black pieces. My kids get the more colorful sets though so I'm happy all around.

Until you gotta move, as soon as a big build has to be even partially disassembled....fuuuuuuuuuck putting it back together is a chore.

AJUMP23

I've not noticed any decline in brick quality.

I have seen the OBVIOUS lower quality in non-lego sets though, both in building instructions AND brick tolerances/plastic quality. Lego doesn't allow certain types of joinings for a reason, they always make sure things are well supported during the build, and their brick qulaity is unmatched.

Obviously now that they have a china factory I imagine all their processes have been stolen but maybe there wasn't much special about them to prevent that anyway?

I enjoy the large elaborate "adult" sets, though unfortunately many of the star wars ones are just a sea of light grey, dark grey, and black pieces. My kids get the more colorful sets though so I'm happy all around.

Until you gotta move, as soon as a big build has to be even partially disassembled....fuuuuuuuuuck putting it back together is a chore.

In fact Lego just stopped trying to make bricks from renewable bricks because the quality of the brick was not there.

Top Bottom