• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tested.com |OT| Lean Into It If It's Racist

Chuck

Still without luck
New episode of This is only a Test is up!

Episode 97 - For the Rest of Us - 12/22/2011

On this week's episode, Gary dreams of a December to remember, Will reports from the South, and Norm hosts a podcast. All that, plus the latest on AT&T's failed T-Mobile merger, the downfall of CES, Kindle Fire's patch, new video cards, holiday plans, and another edition of fake outtakes. Wes also guests on what could be the last Tested podcast of 2011!

[URL="http://media.tested.com/podcast/thisisonlyatest-97-20111222.mp3"]Direct Download
(2:12:39)
Podcast Page
RSS
iTunes[/URL]
[PREMIUM] Video Podcast (on the way)

sixghost

Episode 97 - For the Rest of Us - 12/22/2011

On this week's episode, Gary dreams of a December to remember, Will reports from the South, and Norm hosts a podcast. All that, plus the latest on AT&T's failed T-Mobile merger, the downfall of CES, Kindle Fire's patch, new video cards, holiday plans, and another edition of fake outtakes. Wes also guests on what could be the last Tested podcast of
2011!
Almost freaked out there for a second.

Just caught book of Eli on Cinemax on demand ( I think).

I liked the ending but c'mon Gary that
taking up his role
was a little cheesy. I liked the rest though, great twist.

Osietra

Banned
Just caught book of Eli on Cinemax on demand ( I think).

I liked the ending but c'mon Gary that
taking up his role
was a little cheesy. I liked the rest though, great twist.

You need to keep watching after the credits, she steps outside and gets raped and then turned into slices of human steak.

Gary has got me calling everyone part of the 1% now. Half of the people don't even know what I am talking about. They are the true 1%!

I was kinda hoping someone would Louis C.K Will and Norm when they started complaining about reclining in planes. It seemed a perfect place for "You are sitting in a chair in the sky"

Fjordson

Still need to get to this week's podcast, but just wanted to say that Gary was great on the Giant Bomb livestream yesterday (or was it the day before?).

Jintor

I wanted to post garywhittagarywhitta's Path pic of him in the Christmas hat here, but path doesn't let me suck up image urls and I wasn't willing to spend more than 5 seconds trying to figure out how.

Still need to get to this week's podcast, but just wanted to say that Gary was great on the Giant Bomb livestream yesterday (or was it the day before?).
Thanks, good to hear! I usually get shit from the Giant Bomb fans whenever I show my face there so I try to limit my exposure on that side of the fence.

I wanted to post garywhittagarywhitta's Path pic of him in the Christmas hat here, but path doesn't let me suck up image urls and I wasn't willing to spend more than 5 seconds trying to figure out how.
Here you go!

nxr8m.jpg

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Thanks, good to hear! I usually get shit from the Giant Bomb fans whenever I show my face there so I try to limit my exposure on that side of the fence.

Everybody gets shit from Giant Bomb fans. I honestly don't know how Patrick, Kessler and Alex don't let ot go to their heads. People are fucking mean to those guys.

panda21

i was worried the tested podcast wouldn't be the same with will skyping in, but its still as good as ever.

i love it when Will and Gary get in on the giantbomb stuff too.

Everybody gets shit from Giant Bomb fans. I honestly don't know how Patrick, Kessler and Alex don't let ot go to their heads. People are fucking mean to those guys.

Yup it can be really bad sometimes, like comparing it to rape, lol. But I think they sometimes sets the tone a bit themselves, like when Ryan insults callers and users.

eznark

Banned

No one is as big a dick to the GB guys as Ryan, so the GB threads must feel like a reprieve.

Listening to the podcast, they really fucked up making the new Nexus so big. iOS is so annoying sometimes but whatever battery life makes up for it.

I like to think that I dont complain a lot on the internet, but oh my god I am tired of hearing that Louis C K bit. Its a great sentiment, and somewhat true, We have everything but noone is happy or we just want more. But they say it almost every podcast, and its even leaked over to the bombcast, via Brad who I also like on the tested podcast.

I think Will, Norm, and Gary are great personalities and that is the reason why i go to tested. I also know that everyone is very busy and you cant be held to remember everything that you have ever said on the podcast, but its just silly how many times its been said.

I like to think that I dont complain a lot on the internet, but oh my god I am tired of hearing that Louis C K bit. Its a great sentiment, and somewhat true, We have everything but noone is happy or we just want more. But they say it almost every podcast, and its even leaked over to the bombcast, via Brad who I also like on the tested podcast.

I think Will, Norm, and Gary are great personalities and that is the reason why i go to tested. I also know that everyone is very busy and you cant be held to remember everything that you have ever said on the podcast, but its just silly how many times its been said.

You are on THE INTERNET complaining with people, ALL OVER THE WORLD who can respond with you IN REAL TIME.

Everything is amazing, and nobody is happy.

eznark

Banned

I love Gary, but this is his fault. He brought that up on three straight shows. It's one thing to just bring it up, but Gary brings it up as though it's the first time he has ever brought it up!

I saw a Samsung Galaxy Nexus Prime Droid 4.0 LTE 4G over the weekend. I think they exaggerated the size of the thing. It doesn't seem anywhere near as large as that Dell monstrosity.

I don't feel that it can ever be said enough. No many how many times we say it it's just a pebble thrown into a global tidal wave of jadedness and ingratitude.

PS podcast is on for tomorrow. End of year close-out!

f0rk

I don't feel that it can ever be said enough. No many how many times we say it it's just a pebble thrown into a global tidal wave of jadedness and ingratitude.

My feelings on your use of that joke are now part of this global tidal wave of jadedness and ingratitude.

Also today I found out today my dad (52) has been listening to the podcast for a while now after I recommended it to him. He said it goes too long and they run out of things to talk about but when it's about tech it's good. I think he's just too old for tangents.

Now go feel bad and don't come back before you have reflected upon the shame you have brought to the thread. We are not pleased with this.

Jintor

If I had known who Gary was, I would have treated the situation a little better. Tested's a great show. What he does is what I've been idolizing since I was a kid. It's admirable he's put that together. He has a lot of connections, ones I want too.

If I had known who Gary was, I would have treated the situation a little better. Tested's a great show. What he does is what I've been idolizing since I was a kid. It's admirable he's put that together. He has a lot of connections, ones I want too.
Redeemed.

Zabka

That Louis CK bit has become the tech equivalent of Godwin's Law. Bored with the conversation or irritated with other people's opinions? Kill the whole fucking thing! Any disagreement is the whining of ungrateful first-worlders.

Not that it's how it's used on the Tested podcast, just its usage on the internet.

Fjordson

Finally got around to last week's episode. Another great one. Was laughing so hard at Gary wondering if Balmer would take a shit on stage at CES.

I was surprised at Will's reaction to GTA 3, though. I'm having so much fun with it on my 4S. Shooting isn't perfect, but it works, and I actually like the driving.

Top Bottom