• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tested.com |OT| Lean Into It If It's Racist

eznark

Banned
I'm working from home today and could watch...but then I can't listen to it this weekend when I drive to Wisco! What to do, what to do........

This is the only podcast my wife will listen to. We listened to the Verge cast on one drive and she said that Topolsky seemed like the kind of guy who wears horn rimmed glasses and needs a good punch in the face. She's very prescient.

I'm working from home today and could watch...but then I can't listen to it this weekend when I drive to Wisco! What to do, what to do........

This is the only podcast my wife will listen to. We listened to the Verge cast on one drive and she said that Topolsky seemed like the kind of guy who wears horn rimmed glasses and needs a good punch in the face. She's very prescient.

Nice. Yeah my gf will only listen to tested and GB. She laughs almost as much as I do. Think I am going to pass as well since I like to listen to casts while driving back and forth to work.

eznark

Banned
Nice. Yeah my gf will only listen to tested and GB. She laughs almost as much as I do. Think I am going to pass as well since I like to listen to casts while driving back and forth to work.

My wife cannot stand Giant Bomb. Of course, she has some interest in tech and no interest in games whatsoever. She loves Tested's camera stuff and the app discussion. We use Path all the time now, been great for sharing Christmas videos and pictures with the family without having the 40 comments from tangentially related idiots on facebook.

Gary, are you playing TOR at all?

My wife cannot stand Giant Bomb. Of course, she has some interest in tech and no interest in games whatsoever. She loves Tested's camera stuff and the app discussion. We use Path all the time now, been great for sharing Christmas videos and pictures with the family without having the 40 comments from tangentially related idiots on facebook.

Is path really that great? I haven't had a chance to check it out yet.

I plan to but probably won't get started until the new year. I have heard mixed reports. Need to find a server with plenty of people I know on it.

I really like path but not everyone I know likes it. It's great for having a small intimate network of friends without all the noise of bigger social networks. Keep it to close friends only, that's the whole point of it.

eznark

Banned
Is path really that great? I haven't had a chance to check it out yet.

Right now I love it. Instead of texting pictures or videos, I just put them on path. It's essentially the same 10-ish people I shared pics of my daughter with anyway, but now it's a ton easier. I do not like facebook and none of my family got into Google+, so this is an awesome option, especially since we all have smartphones.

I can't believe a guy who buys a Jedi robe needs coaxing to get into TOR.

I plan to but probably won't get started until the new year. I have heard mixed reports. Need to find a server with plenty of people I know on it.

I really like path but not everyone I know likes it. It's great for having a small intimate network of friends without all the noise of bigger social networks. Keep it to close friends only, that's the whole point of it.

Eh TOR is okay. I was initially drawn into the story since story is the #1 element for me in games. However in the end I returned my copy of the game during early access. There are simply too many more things to do and see out in the world than to dedicate 2-3 hours of every evening to one game.

I dunno, at 22 I find there are so many other things I can do. At least with my console games there is a defined ending point to most of the single player experiences I play. I think given my interests, I can no longer dedicate the time I used to into "persistent" game experiences like I did while I was in college.

TOR is a good MMO from the 25 hours I played. I just can't afford to play another game where I find myself still in my boxers at 11pm on a Saturday.

Barrett2

Since getting the Roku, its interesting seeing what my wife will tolerate when I put it on the TV. She hates Giant Bomb and Tested, but doesn't mind watching some Screened or Totally Rad videos, which I guess is partly because of the content.

Eh TOR is okay. I was initially drawn into the story since story is the #1 element for me in games. However in the end I returned my copy of the game during early access. There are simply too many more things to do and see out in the world than to dedicate 2-3 hours of every evening to one game.

I dunno, at 22 I find there are so many other things I can do. At least with my console games there is a defined ending point to most of the single player experiences I play. I think given my interests, I can no longer dedicate the time I used to into "persistent" game experiences like I did while I was in college.

TOR is a good MMO from the 25 hours I played. I just can't afford to play another game where I find myself still in my boxers at 11pm on a Saturday.

Yeah this is really the macro problem for me too. WoW shredded my life when I was really into it, I have no desire to go back to that.

I can't even imagine listening to a podcast with my girlfriend! She's cool, but not THAT cool. It just feels like a more personal thing to me, and less like a radio show to be jointly listened to. I think I listen more to be in a group of dudes chatting about what I'm into, even though I'm not actually part of the group.

I have almost bought a Zojirushi 17-oz Thermal Mug for €36/£30 (or maybe I'll get two for €60/£51). Damn you Tested article - I had almost forgot I wanted one of those!

Xater

Podcast start time now closer to 1:30pm FYI (guess who's running late? Hint: NOT ME!)

Will

I have almost bought a Zojirushi 17-oz Thermal Mug for €36/£30 (or maybe I'll get two for €60/£51). Damn you Tested article - I had almost forgot I wanted one of those!

I've been there as well but I just couldn't justify the pricing. Got another one from a different company I am pretty happy with.

Chuck

Still without luck
I'll guess I'll keep posting these. :p

This is only a Test!

Episode 98 - Keeping Mall Santas Accountable - 12/29/2011

On this week's episode, Gary talks Holiday loot, Norm visits crazy town, and Will is trapped in a box. All that, and the gang recaps the tech successes and failures of 2011, and makes bold predictions for what'll happen in 2012. Plus, no fake outtakes. It's the last podcast of the year!

Direct Download
Podcast Page
RSS
iTunes
[Subscriber] - Video Podcast - Available for everyone this week!

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
When they flogged Duke Nukem Forever's carcass one last time, I remembered hearing that Gary worked on the script once upon a time or something like that. Is that true at all, or are you sick of talking about it Gary? Hah. It's just fascinating to me, especially if you work on something that keeps getting scrapped and re-scrapped but possibly hanging onto some of the original plan...

When they flogged Duke Nukem Forever's carcass one last time, I remembered hearing that Gary worked on the script once upon a time or something like that. Is that true at all, or are you sick of talking about it Gary? Hah. It's just fascinating to me, especially if you work on something that keeps getting scrapped and re-scrapped but possibly hanging onto some of the original plan...
I worked on it very briefly many years ago but it went through so many incarnations since then that nothing I contributed is in the final game. My name is in the credits though!

newjeruse

Every episode I'm continually stunned by how close-minded and out of touch Will is. Good guy, but he lives in an echo-chamber.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I worked on it very briefly many years ago but it went through so many incarnations since then that nothing I contributed is in the final game. My name is in the credits though!
Wow, I thought I remembered that right....those must have been some long-ass credits if they rattled off everyone since 1997.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
Every episode I'm continually stunned by how close-minded and out of touch Will is. Good guy, but he lives in an echo-chamber.

Agreed 100%, though I stopped taking Will's opinions seriously so it doesn't bother me anymore. The banter and fake outtakes entertain me sufficiently to keep me a faithful listener.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
so if I wanted to get into this podcast and catch up a bit, without going back to the very first episode, what's a good episode to jump in on?

Fjordson

Awesome episode. Gary saying he couldn't sign the check fast enough for a Panda Express franchise and Norm's reaction had me rollin'.

Dany

Banned
Agreed 100%, though I stopped taking Will's opinions seriously so it doesn't bother me anymore. The banter and fake outtakes entertain me sufficiently to keep me a faithful listener.

I feel like you guys are right for some reason, but I can't remember anything from the recent podcast.

panda21

I dunno, I didnt like some of the guests on Oktoberkast. I stopped listening about 3 parts in.

great that they did a podcast this week, I thought there wouldnt be one :D

hmmm.. ok. I'm skipping Jeff Green or whoever the loud guy that annoyed me was and I'm going back in.

I guess the loud guy you mention is Gordon. I can understand skipping that, as some of the stuff he was saying was a bit harsh - and every second word was a dig at someone. I believe he was just trolling though, and mostly trying to get a rise out of Gary for his love of Apple products. It was, at times, a hard listen though.

I cannot understand you skipping Jeff Green though - that is unforgivable.

Barrett2

Dont' know if I would go that far but I get the general sentiment of what you're saying.

I think Norm made a smart (if not entirely serious) observation a few months ago when discussing the podcast's iTunes ranking, and said their goal was to make the 'Lifestyle' top 20, not the 'Tech' top 20. Will and Norm both seem to have very specific lifestyles, if that makes sense, and yeah, sometimes I relate to where Will is coming from on an issue, other times I absolutely do not.

I feel like you guys are right for some reason, but I can't remember anything from the recent podcast.

I like to count how many times he says, "here's the thing about X" as he is an expert in all things at all times.

This is also the point where he always gets facts wrong.

Top Bottom