• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tested.com |OT| Lean Into It If It's Racist

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
I want to see Gary's fridge tested against SuperFridge!

And Coors has answered how to tell a beer is cold. Blue can mother fuckers!

FStop7

Banned
Man, Pachter was talkin' mad yang about Nintendo. Off the top of my head I heard him make some bold claims:

Wii U will be similar to the XBox 360 in terms of power.

Microsoft and Sony do not see Nintendo getting a 18+ month head start as a threat.

A Microsoft representative directly told him that they will not be announcing a new XBox in 2012.

FStop7

Banned
I'm bummed to hear the Asus ultrabook has a bad trackpad. I kind of wanted one, but it's gotta have a good keyboard and trackpad if i'm gonna use it every day.

Chuck

Still without luck
This is Only a Test - CES Day 0 - EPISODE 100 is live!!

Episode 100 - CES Day 0 - Mistakes Were Made - 1/09/2012

yzoLx.png

On this episode, Will makes a startling revelation, Norm tells a loooooong story, and Gary faces an impossible choice. All that, plus the latest on CES press conferences from LG, Sharp, Intel, Samsung, Panasonic, Nokia, Microsoft, Sony, and the worst-ever edition of fake outtakes. Enjoy!

I apologize to anyone who didn't enjoy last night's impromptu bonus gaming segment and I take full responsibility for it. Mistakes were made IMO, chiefly:

* Letting all the secondary characters on the couch. Only Michael and Mark were intended to be actual on-camera guests, but I didn't properly communicate what we wanted to everyone else and felt bad turfing everyone else off. There were some good people in that secondary group, but it made for way too many voices and chaotic cross-talk.

* We should have done a much better job of moderating, Mark in particular is great and supremely knowledgeable but I don't think any of us were prepared for what a big personality he turned out to be; perhaps it is ironic that on a trip of which Kanye West is our unofficial patron saint, Mark was kinda our very own real-life version - "Imma let you finish, but..." etc.

We were all SUPER tired but nevertheless I'm sorry for the parts that weren't handled better and I'm sure Will feels the same.

eznark

Banned
I apologize to anyone who didn't enjoy last night's impromptu bonus gaming segment and I take full responsibility for it. Mistakes were made IMO, chiefly:

* Letting all the secondary characters on the couch. Only Michael and Mark were intended to be actual on-camera guests, but I didn't properly communicate what we wanted to everyone else and felt bad turfing everyone else off. There were some good people in that secondary group, but it made for way too many voices and chaotic cross-talk.

* We should have done a much better job of moderating, Mark in particular is great and supremely knowledgeable but I don't think any of us were prepared for what a big personality he turned out to be; perhaps it is ironic that on a trip of which Kanye West is our unofficial patron saint, Mark was kinda our very own real-life version - "Imma let you finish, but..." etc.

We were all SUPER tired but nevertheless I'm sorry for the parts that weren't handled better and I'm sure Will feels the same.

Oh shit, I'm only like halfway through what is so far kind of a snooze-fest. Can't wait for the fireworks!!

Mark actually seemed pretty great from what I saw last night. He talked like he knew his shit and didnt talk over people. I think the half hour of people making the same old points on why the Vita sucks and ipad is awesome was a bit much though. Mark was just doing his best to sound impartial and reasonable in a room full of screaming fanboys.

Will have to listen to the second part for the "real" CES talk. Im DL'ing it now.

Mark actually seemed pretty great from what I saw last night. He talked like he knew his shit and didnt talk over people. I think the half hour of people making the same old points on why the Vita sucks and ipad is awesome was a bit much though. Mark was just doing his best to sound impartial and reasonable in a room full of screaming fanboys.
Yeah Mark is super smart and a guy of strong opinions which is what you want on a podcast. As a gaming enthusiast I was very interested by everything he had to say. Maybe it's just that the Tested audience seems to get really annoyed whenever we talk about games!

Also, Drew made a great Drivestream highlight reel:

http://www.tested.com/ces-2012-the-road-to-vegas/47-681/

Barrett2

A pre-emptive apology is exactly the kind of thing I look forward in my expo, big group podcasts. I look forward to the mad Nintendo bashing.
KuGsj.gif

sixghost

Having a trainwreck podcast at a big industry event is practically a rite of passage for a Whiskey site Gary.

It could have been worse too, at least no one talked about how sexy Nazis were.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
I'm bummed to hear the Asus ultrabook has a bad trackpad. I kind of wanted one, but it's gotta have a good keyboard and trackpad if i'm gonna use it every day.

Since I've been on the road for the past 2 months on business, I've used the ASUS Zenbook as my exclusive computer. The keyboard and trackpad are fine. You just have to grab some driver updates, it takes a couple minutes.

Having a trainwreck podcast at a big industry event is practically a rite of passage for a Whiskey site Gary.

It could have been worse too, at least no one talked about how sexy Nazis were.

I am proud to have been part of both Tested and Giant Bomb convention wrecks!

FStop7

Banned

I thought it was fine. I only had the audio turned on but I didn't really have a problem discerning who was speaking. I heard good arguments being made by all sides, along with some fairly dumb arguments. The raucous debate reminded me of the good old days of 1UP Yours. There was a lot of unhappiness over Giant Bomb's first E3 cast last year, because a couple of reps from Microsoft were dominating the entire conversation by constantly tag teaming each other in order to keep anyone else from being able to make a point. I didn't get that vibe from this discussion, but I think I'm in the minority on this.

Oh and the Irish guy responding by threatening to throw someone through a window for calling him British was hilarious. I made that same mistake once, too. Once.

This is why Tested is the best Whiskey site.

it's fine. And do remember that most win laptops have shit trackpad. I find it works best if you do the 'touch for left click' thing.

For the record Gary I loved the Pachter/Rein session. I was almost late to work because I was so engaged in watching the archive this morning. If you had Marcus Beer and took out the rest of the peanut gallery I think it would have been perfect.

panda21

what happened to the podcast/stream type thing they were going to do when they arrived on Sunday? did it never happen?

i thought they said they would archive it but it isnt on the podcasts page.

Gary, I saw you gushing over the Asus ultrabook. Did you get any hands-on time with it? Or any other non-Macbook Air devices? Just curious to hear what you thought or if you could get into more detail about what you liked about the Asus.

Currently shopping for a 13" yltrabook, myself.

Top Bottom