• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tested.com |OT| Lean Into It If It's Racist

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
Gary is so right about these companies going on and on about how "smart" their products are. That's why Apple has the upper hand, all their products are Magical™! Everyone knows magic trumps intelligence.

Gary you held your own in the gauntlet of Video game prognosticating bravo, mark rein has a commanding personality but i agreed with everything he said

9Zy9S.jpg

eznark

Banned
Gary is so right about these companies going on and on about how "smart" their products are. That's why Apple has the upper hand, all their products are Magical™! Everyone knows magic trumps intelligence.

Apple as religious fanatics! The Cult is real.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
Gary, I saw you gushing over the Asus ultrabook. Did you get any hands-on time with it? Or any other non-Macbook Air devices? Just curious to hear what you thought or if you could get into more detail about what you liked about the Asus.

Currently shopping for a 13" yltrabook, myself.

Higher resolution screen than a MacBook Air, for one. USB 3.0 also. Otherwise, it has essentially the same form factor, weight, and hardware specs as a MBA for $200 less.

Gary, I saw you gushing over the Asus ultrabook. Did you get any hands-on time with it? Or any other non-Macbook Air devices? Just curious to hear what you thought or if you could get into more detail about what you liked about the Asus.

Currently shopping for a 13" yltrabook, myself.

i own a asus ux31. Solid design. Decent screen, decent keyboard, mediocre touchpad IF YOU USE THE BUTTONS. If you tap to 'click', it's fine.

Based off CES, there really aren't many 13" ultrabooks with 1600x900 res, so ux31 is still a solid purchase.

Don't expect much gaming though, naturally.

Chuck

Still without luck
"Dad Will" moment was hilarious. :lol

Edit: Actually it's kind of awkward now... >_>

Edit 2: omg, Dad Will is still happening and getting more awkward.... >_>;

FStop7

Banned
i own a asus ux31. Solid design. Decent screen, decent keyboard, mediocre touchpad IF YOU USE THE BUTTONS. If you tap to 'click', it's fine.

Based off CES, there really aren't many 13" ultrabooks with 1600x900 res, so ux31 is still a solid purchase.

Don't expect much gaming though, naturally.

Have you compared your UX31 to a current gen Macbook Air?

I have 17" Macbook Pro that is too much of a hoss to carry around when I'm just out and about, I need something like an Ultrabook for that. I am undecided between the MB Air 11" or the UX31.

Also I think I was talking to you on the Tested chat about living in Atlanta.

Chuck

Still without luck
Still awake, so why not?

A new Tested podcast @ CES is live!

bBbfC.png

Episode 102 - We Brought the Hammer - 01/11/2012

qufUS.png

On this evening's show, Gary makes a brief appearance, Norm whips out a ball peen hammer, and Will is speechless. All that, plus Toshiba's 4k TV, Sharp's 8K TV, Lenovo's SmartTV, and Samsung's TV window on another action-packed edition of This is Only a Test.

No_Style

LCoS = no bulb? I had an SXRD (Sony's LCoS) HDTV and it used a bulb. Was Will incorrect or do projectors and HDTVs differ in that respect?

newjeruse

One of the greatest parts of CES is that it has them talking about actual interesting tech stuff as opposed to the normal Telecom Wars that all technology podcasts treat as if it comprises 90% of the tech world.

eznark

Banned
I call bullshit on Adam saying no one has ever asked him if he has an accent. There isn't a single sentence he utters that his Canadian doesn't come out. It's in the "a." Every time he says game it's obvious that he could be an extra on Holmes on Holmes.

The Lenovo Yoga IdeaPad looks fucking awesome even as a first gen product. Thats something that would be killer as a laptop, tablet, and something to hook up to your TV to watch all of your content in one place.

Top Bottom