• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tested.com |OT| Lean Into It If It's Racist

see5harp

I'd actually like to propose a body wash test. Lately I've been seeing this Old Spice body wash claiming more than 24 hours of freshness. Like a full day of work, sleep, then you walk to the coffee shop with your bed head, eat lunch and don't take a shower until you get home. How is this possible to still be "deodorant fresh?"

mik83kuu

Banned
see5harp said:
I'd actually like to propose a body wash test. Lately I've been seeing this Old Spice body wash claiming more than 24 hours of freshness. Like a full day of work, sleep, then you walk to the coffee shop with your bed head, eat lunch and don't take a shower until you get home. How is this possible to still be "deodorant fresh?"

Can I suggest it'd be a written article and not a video Quick Look / Review?

Also R.I.P. Happy Hour Tested segments :-(

see5harp said:
You just want to see Will and Norm in the shower, I get it, no judgments here.

see5harp

mik83kuu said:
Can I suggest it'd be a written article and not a video Quick Look / Review?

Also R.I.P. Happy Hour Tested segments :-(

Hell no. I want Will Smith unbathed for a day and Norm up in that armpit with some sort of odor detector. Maybe he could use Old Spice and a loofah on his right side and some Dove on the left side.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
QzDcC.jpg

<3 Tested.

mik83kuu

Banned
Also last week's podcast was great and I loved how Gary knew so much about the Winter War of Finland. Very nice.

Pic related:

finland-afraid.jpg

Wrekt

I just started listening roughly a month ago. Do they always jizz themselves over the iphone for this long, or is it just because the 4s just came out? I mean they compare toilets and thermostats to ios. Easily 50+% of the discussion time on Android/W7 phones is spent talking about the iphone. Even as a 4s and ipad2 owner, it is grating.

It seems like a 2.5 hour Apple commercial where they don't pay attention to what each other say. It was physically painful to listen to that Apple TV segment from this week.

Will: I don't think Apple will sell a TV, they will sell you a box that you plug into any off-the-shelf TV.

Gary: You are dodging the question, will Apple sell a physical television or not?

Repeat that for 5 minutes.

Bombcast does roughly the same thing with food.

eznark

Banned
To the point about the courier as a writing device, I use my iPad every day as a replacement for a legal pad.

I use Note Taker HD and after going through a number of styli(?) just got an Ayl this past week. I've been using various capacitive pens for a year, but this one is absolutely perfect and only $11.

I'm a consultant and work with dozens of clients a month. Instead of going through cases of legal pads as I used to I now have everything sortable, searchable, storable and easily sendable (as email, .pdf, etc) in one program. It's fucking awesome.

Note Taker HD takes a little bit of time to get set up to where you want it; everyone is going to like different thicknesses and paper types and margins etc. but once you do it's freaking fantastic.

Wrekt said:
I just started listening roughly a month ago. Do they always jizz themselves over the iphone for this long, or is it just because the 4s just came out? I mean they compare toilets and thermostats to ios. Easily 50+% of the discussion time on Android/W7 phones is spent talking about the iphone. Even as a 4s and ipad2 owner, it is grating.

It seems like a 2.5 hour Apple commercial where they don't pay attention to what each other say. It was physically painful to listen to that Apple TV segment from this week.

Welcome to the tech side of the internet. Heck, if Whitta says anything good about a non apple product, it's something worth looking into.

But yeah, it's usually not super bad unless it approaches a new apple product launch.

Azar

Wrekt said:

Ryan (not GB Ryan) isn't on the podcast, but he does a ton of great Android coverage on the site.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I just started getting into the Tested podcast about two months ago. I listen every week now and visit the website daily. It's become one of my favorite sites!

KorrZ

Great thread. Love Tested.com and all of the guys. Will, Norm & Gary all play off each other perfectly. The 24 hour Oktobercast was just absolutely fantastic.

Blackhead

Redarse
eznark said:
To the point about the courier as a writing device, I use my iPad every day as a replacement for a legal pad.

I use Note Taker HD and after going through a number of styli(?) just got an Ayl this past week. I've been using various capacitive pens for a year, but this one is absolutely perfect and only $11.

I'm a consultant and work with dozens of clients a month. Instead of going through cases of legal pads as I used to I now have everything sortable, searchable, storable and easily sendable (as email, .pdf, etc) in one program. It's fucking awesome.

Note Taker HD takes a little bit of time to get set up to where you want it; everyone is going to like different thicknesses and paper types and margins etc. but once you do it's freaking fantastic.
I've gone through a bunch of styli and I'm currently using the jot not pro with note taker hd. It's nice to have everything in one program but I hate writing on the goddam iPad—it sucks. I'm going back to pens and scannable paper or some Wacom digitizer. No more capacitive styli for me.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
cuevas said:
I know you're trolling but I just switched from android to a 4s and iOS has many shortcomings.
I find iPhone to be more of a coherent product, and much more solid in performance... just my opinion of course. I don't expect everyone to agree. Android is like a whole bunch of tech and visual elements that someone threw against a wall to see what sticks. And it stutters in ways that displease me. It seems like a mess. But... I have heard about the features that iOS is missing by comparison..

Ideally I'd like to see Android get cleaner, and iOS get more features.

BocoDragon said:
I find iPhone to be more of a coherent product, and much more solid in performance... just my opinion of course. I don't expect everyone to agree. Android is like a whole bunch of tech and visual elements that someone threw against a wall to see what sticks. And it stutters in ways that displease me. It seems like a mess. But... I have heard about the features that iOS is missing by comparison..

Ideally I'd like to see Android get cleaner, and iOS get more features.
Yeah pretty much this. I only went with the 4s cuz the new nexus phone is the size of the sun. The scrolling on the iPhone is awful!

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
cuevas said:
Yeah pretty much this. I only went with the 4s cuz the new nexus phone is the size of the sun. The scrolling on the iPhone is awful!
I was playing with an Android yesterday and specifically trying out the increased speed and momentum when you vigorously swipe down.

It's good that you can get to the bottom of pages quickly... But the iOS scrolling feels more realistic, as of you were actually moving a piece of paper upward+downward. It's 1:1 or something.

I'd prefer a different method of fast scroll than just increased momentum. Im surprised Apple never implemented a fast scroll by swiping on the edge of the screen.. Kinda like how you can fast scroll between alphabetical listings on the right side of the Music app. The visual of the little scroll bar as you scroll up and down the webpage has always struck me as something you should be able to grab and fast track up and down a page... But it's just a visual.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
cuevas said:

I generally prefer smooth scrolling to 'juttering to the bottom of the page in a single swipe'.

With that said, I wouldn't mind a 'go to bottom of the page' gesture or button.

GavinGT

Banned
I only just got an iPad, but why is it that in Safari I can click below the address bar to return to the top of the page, but I can't click the bottom of the screen to go to the bottom of the page?

It's like having a "Home" button with no "End" button.

Jintor

I just wish their website video player would work properly. Even as a subscriber I keep getting 'failed to find streams' or jumping to the next video mid-watch or infinite loading cycles...

BocoDragon said:
I was playing with an Android yesterday and specifically trying out the increased speed and momentum when you vigorously swipe down.

It's good that you can get to the bottom of pages quickly... But the iOS scrolling feels more realistic, as of you were actually moving a piece of paper upward+downward. It's 1:1 or something.

I'd prefer a different method of fast scroll than just increased momentum. Im surprised Apple never implemented a fast scroll by swiping on the edge of the screen.. Kinda like how you can fast scroll between alphabetical listings on the right side of the Music app. The visual of the little scroll bar as you scroll up and down the webpage has always struck me as something you should be able to grab and fast track up and down a page... But it's just a visual.

I would like something like what the music app uses.

But moving a piece of paper? I'd rather scroll (or jump) quickly like I do on a computer.

sixghost

Hope I'm not shitting up the thread by posting youtube links, but I feel this needs to be shared:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-G_NEanJBLU
Gary's take on the star ward jedi thing at Disneyland. It's still the funniest thing that's came out of any of the whiskey podcasts.

Also, thank you for the Winter War book suggestion a few weeks back. That's my Dad's christmas present now.

eznark

Banned
Not only did they not cover a major tech unveiling live, they don't even have a peep up about it three+ hours later.

I told you guys Tested hates Barnes and Noble.

panda21

I think Will Smith should be fast tracked on here, but only if Ryan Davis is allowed to choose his username

xXx_wIlLSmiTh42O_xXx

Heel

Jtwo said:
Tested is one of my top 5 favorite sites! I recently realized I really enjoy their coffee equipment testing and kinda wish they would branch out into larger kitchen ware coverage. I would be interested in crockpot reviews or just handy altonbrown-esque in the kitchen DIY tips.

I'll second that. I've always thought a Whiskey Media site about cooking and food would be amazing.

eznark

Banned
sien916 said:
I'll second that. I've always thought a Whiskey Media site about cooking and food would be amazing.

I think a general interest site would be incredible. They have gathered a ton of talent into various sites, why not give them a repository to put content about their interests that may fall outside of the main thrust of the site? Hell, make it a subscriber only site. It'd be a rad perk.

eznark said:
Not only did they not cover a major tech unveiling live, they don't even have a peep up about it three+ hours later.

I told you guys Tested hates Barnes and Noble.

I remember Will ranting on and on about a poor experience buying a nook. Something like how why the fuck he couldn't buy a nook at the store (Buy it online sir.).

There are dozens of tech sites that covered the b&n event. I never thought tested was just a gizmodo or something. Actually I have no clue what tested is still lmao.

sixghost

eznark said:
I think a general interest site would be incredible. They have gathered a ton of talent into various sites, why not give them a repository to put content about their interests that may fall outside of the main thrust of the site? Hell, make it a subscriber only site. It'd be a rad perk.
That would be pretty awesome.

Blackhead

Redarse
chickdigger802 said:
I remember Will ranting on and on about a poor experience buying a nook. Something like how why the fuck he couldn't buy a nook at the store (Buy it online sir.).

There are dozens of tech sites that covered the b&n event. I never thought tested was just a gizmodo or something. Actually I have no clue what tested is still lmao.
That doesn't quite make sense... B&N's whole point is their stores... anyway Tested is still seen as a very small operation, almost a fan site even. They don't get review units or invites. Which is a damn shame because their CES coverage was one of the best out there, they can definitely put in the work.

Top Bottom