• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tetsuya Nomura Expects New Kingdom Hearts Announcement Soon

Ravage

I hope Kingdom Hearts HD Collection is one of those projects.

I wonder if they'd change the art direction if they made a game for the Vita. Going towards their cgi look seems like the natural progression.

KH cgi was the first thing that made me sit up and pay attention. There could be a backlash if that happens but i would totally welcome it.

Mario007

Aside from the obligatory Versus
And FFVIIremake
concerns, are we really at a point now where we entertain the idea of sequels to spin-offs as if they're not a totally ridiculous proposition?

Don't get me wrong, I'll probably more or less enjoy most of the upcoming KH games, but we got a crazy amount of spin-offs for it as it is, and now we're talking direct sequels to them? I think we should have had KHIII proper a while ago!

2 spin-offs, you mean? I don't see anyone requesting a spin-off to Days or Coded.

Terrell

What ludicrously named game that isn't Kingdom Hearts 3 are we going to get next, folks? They have a one-per-year quota to fill.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Am I the only one who thinks Square is more likely to make Kingdom Hearts 1 HD and 2 HD separately then actually make a combined collection?

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
It's reasonably likely, yeah, given that that's what they're doing with FFX.

There's still the problem with SCEA's policy of not allowing physical release of HD remasters as single games though. I wonder how SE will bypass that with FFX HD.

Mario007

There's still the problem with SCEA's policy of not allowing physical release of HD remasters as single games though. I wonder how SE will bypass that with FFX HD.

"We'll release the Vita version first, market the shit out of it and make a themed FF X Vita" is all SE has to say :)

Kingdom Hearts DLC for Theatrhythm FF! :p

(Unless there's already KH DLC for it!)

At this point, I can't imagine a KH3 for PS3. If VSXIII is taking this long to make, it'll make me insane to think about KH3 for PS4!

It's probably KH for Vita. I really think it is.

also

Banned
Since there's no way it's KH3 and he denied BBS2, it must be the HD remasters (remakes?) of 1, 2 and possibly BBS, hopefully the Final Mix versions. That, or a cellphone game.

Epcott

They need to release 2 HD collections, damnit.

One where they consolidate the portable games into one collection. The other where they port KH1, 2, and KH RE: COM.

Maybe then they could get the followers up to speed.

mclem

Zippers returns.

jHLas.jpg
?

Travado

Kingdom Hearts HD Collection (with Kingdom Hearts 1, 2, Chain Of Memories and Birth By Sleep) and Kingdom Hearts 3 announcements at E3.

Lol this is Squenix, forget all I said...

I'm about half-way through BbS, it's the best one I played. If Kingdom Hearts III manages to be as accessible and have as much variety in the commands and mini-games, then I'll be happy.

Although BbS could have been called KH III, released on more hardware instead and it would have been satisfactory.

Marlowe89

KHIII absolutely needs to be the next game to come out. No more side-titles. I know they're important and all, but the sooner the clusterfuck of an arc known as the Xehanort Saga ends, the better - perhaps Nomura can redeem himself with the next KH series, but of course that's wishful thinking.

Gameplay is always interesting and fun though.

Mario007

And none of this makes any sense for them to say.

to get around the policy that would prevent them from selling their game on the ps3 and Vita altogether? Yeah it actually makes an awful lot of sense. In fact they're giving nothing and gaining everything from it.

Aru

No more KH spin-offs please. Give the franchise a break until you're able to pop out KH3.

I'd gladly take spin-offs as good as BBS any day :)
Well, I don't consider BBS a spin-off at all, but many people do since it's not a numbered KH game.

RPGCrazied

Why do I have this strong feeling is going to be a game for the Vita? Ugh. Enough with the handheld games. At this point I don't care if its a new game, just give me Kingdom Hearts HD collection and I'll be content for a long while. But this is Square, I'm sure I'll be disappointed with whatever it is.

to get around the policy that would prevent them from selling their game on the ps3 and Vita altogether? Yeah it actually makes an awful lot of sense. In fact they're giving nothing and gaining everything from it.

It makes no sense for them to prioritize a Vita version in the west when then PS3 version would sell magnitudes better. It's pretty much unprecedented to have a massive marketing campaign for any HD collection let alone for a single HD port and a FF-themed Vita does not seem like a big deal either way. And I'm not sure why any of that would change SCEA policies anyway.

SykoTech

Want: Kingdom Hearts HD Collection (Final Mix versions) and Kingdom Hearts III announcement.

Will get: Kingdom Hearts 1 HD (Regular version) and nw Kingdom Hearts mobile game announcement.

Sorry, just no faith left.

Spiegel

BBS2 not being developed and the Osaka team is busy, so S-E Osaka must be making KH3.

But I'm guessing that some kind of HD Collection (KH or KH1&2) will be released first. This year or 2013 depending of when S-E is planning to release FFX.

Mario007

It makes no sense for them to prioritize a Vita version in the west when then PS3 version would sell magnitudes better. It's pretty much unprecedented to have a massive marketing campaign for any HD collection let alone for a single HD port and a FF-themed Vita does not seem like a big deal either way. And I'm not sure why any of that would change SCEA policies anyway.

PS3 version is going to sell regardless whether it'd be now or 6 months from now. Marketing would probably work better in Japan, I guess. The themed Vita is something SE likes doing with hardware anyway and especially in Japan they help bump the hardware sales big time. It would change SCEA's mind if it would help to move more Vita units.

Mario007

I actually would buy that at full price, but I'm a really big fan of Kingdom Hearts, except for the handheld games.

2 of those 4 games are pretty damn important to the overall plot of the series (in fact they pretty much create a reason for kh3 existing).

First they'll rename Versus to FFXV. Then they will rename Noctis to Sora, replace his friends with Donald and Goofy and call that version KH3. Boom. New FF and KH games for the price of one.

SykoTech

I actually would buy that at full price, but I'm a really big fan of Kingdom Hearts, except for the handheld games.

I am as well, but I don't I'd ever buy an HD version of a game I already have unless something was added. Just not something I think I'll ever be willingly to spend money on.

Not if it was the Final Mix version, then yeah. I'd probably buy them all for full price as well, even if they were released individually.

Skilletor

Is there a reason they only use Disney movie worlds and not things from old Disney Cartoons? I would punch kittens for Talespin, Darkwing Duck, Gargoyles, Chip and Dale, and Ducktales worlds.

Top Bottom