• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tetsuya Nomura talks about the D23 (July 14-16) Kingdom Hearts 3 trailer with Famitsu

Like others have said it's so strange to keep hyping up for a trailer of a game announced so many years ago made by the same person who responsible for Versus XIII.

I was thinking the same thing. I would love it if someone who was part of the Versus XIII Train shared with us the similarities between Versus XIII"s development and KH3"s development

I was thinking the same thing. I would love it if someone who was part of the Versus XIII Train shared with us the similarities between Versus XIII"s development and KH3"s development

I'd argue that Versus XIII before being rebranded to XV did not look as far along as KH3 does now. What both games will ALWAYS have in common though are the usual "please be excited" interviews that give 0 information and make people roll their eyes.

KH3's recent trailer shows a meaty slice of combat with several different options - Drive Forms, Links, Magic Finishers, Standard Combos. The game also looks well optimized and localization (minus the voices) for the game is going fine since they record the footage for each version.

This recent trailer for KH3 is the first time it's actually looked like a real polished video game. Every other trailer before it was a glorified tech demo when it came to gameplay.

It's fair to give the game some flack since the name attached to it had a game that failed to ever deliver but I don't think this is even close to Versus XIII Part 2. We just got a stellar trailer for the game with another a month later. All signs point toward the game coming together.

Of course I could be super wrong but I don't see why Square, Osaka Team or Nomura would start showing this game more often if it wasn't coming together like this. This feels like the start of a media blitz for the eventual 2018 release. 5 years of dev time is reasonable for a team going from 3DS development to PS4/XBONE while also juggling a seperate demo for the game and HD Collections on top of that.

Laplasakos

I'd argue that Versus XIII before being rebranded to XV did not look as far along as KH3 does now. What both games will ALWAYS have in common though are the usual "please be excited" interviews that give 0 information and make people roll their eyes.

Versus XIII 2011 trailer looked way more complete and ready for release then any footage of KH3. Heck, it looked more ready then any XV trailer that SE released (and more exciting).

Loke13

Like others have said it's so strange to keep hyping up for a trailer of a game announced so many years ago made by the same person who responsible for Versus XIII.
Wasn't it only announced a few years ago? Jesus the way you guys are talking about it you make it seem like the game's been in development for about ten years. If we're comparing it to the versus 13 cycle Kingdom Hearts 3 is actually doing very well.

Didn't Nomura once say thay he wouldn't do a "Final Fantasy" world cause it was supposed to be about visiting (mostly) Disney worlds?
Yes but it probably has more to do with the fact that Disney owns the property and anything that's not Final Fantasy or The World Ends With You. People keep believing that Kingdom Hearts is a crossover between FF and Disney when it can be described more accurately as a crossover of various Disney properties with SE cameos.

Top Bottom