• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tetsuya Nomura to Attend The Game Awards 2014!

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
tumblr_mup6d9wVAH1r1wpwoo1_400.gif

http://www.khinsider.com/news/Tetsuya-Nomura-to-Attend-The-Game-Awards-2014-4785

LuuKyK

Also, worth noting that Geoff announced that TGA will be streamed through NicoNico and that famitsu will attend.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
He could either drop bombs, or backfire.
*waits for my copy of KH 2.5*

StuBurns

Banned
Is he presenting an award? If so, I hope Tabata is there to finish off reading the nominees in case he gets a little sidetracked.

Philippo

Didn't he recently said he's working on other projects he's hoping to announce in the near future?
Either that or KHIII, hype nevertheless.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
“Actually, right now, we’re working on a new RPG specifically for consoles and it isn’t a remake,” Matsuda told Famitsu. “We’ll start talking about it more in December and go from there.”

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Is he presenting an award? If so, I hope Tabata is there to finish off reading the nominees in case he gets a little sidetracked.

People keep shittin on Nomura cause of events out of his control, one of these days he gonna come back and show yall what he's made of i bet.

The fact Famitsu is gonna be there likely means some sort of MAJOR Japanese announcement. Whether or not that will be Nomura or not who knows but some sort of major Japanese dev is showing something.

Reveirg

He's probably only going to be in the audience, not doing anything with the show....
because he already was doing the trip to Vegas, having something to show at PS Experience?? =D

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
The fact Famitsu is gonna be there likely means some sort of MAJOR Japanese announcement. Whether or not that will be Nomura or not who kbows but some sort of major Japanese dev is showing something.

Metal Gear Online?

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Why is he still allowed to design anything?

Because he makes good designs and has fashioned iconic character models for the past 25 years? Going for an exaggerated style of figure is something he likes to do occasionally, and his modeling doesn't always include that. For his craft, there obviously there is an audience somewhere. That audience doesn't have to be you.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I hope he wears a suit consisting of belts and zippers to the awards.

Amidoinitrite?

ComputerMkII said:
Why is he still allowed to design anything?

Because, believe it or not: He can do good character design. Pre-belts-and-zippers-everywhere he did:

-Parasite Eve
-Final Fantasy 8
-Brave Fencer Musashi

's designs, for starters.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
The fact Famitsu is gonna be there likely means some sort of MAJOR Japanese announcement. Whether or not that will be Nomura or not who knows but some sort of major Japanese dev is showing something.

Not really. Famitsu covered the Video Game Awards every year.

Metal Gear Online?

Would Famitsu come out just for MGO though? As far as I know they weren't at the VGAs when Kojima first showed MGS5.

Its certainly possible thats what they are there for but given there will be 10 world exclusives who knows, could be something else.

Edit - Just saw Famitsu was there every VGA. Sorry had no idea I guess I just never noticed they were there.

Famassu

I hope he wears a suit consisting of belts and zippers to the awards.

Amidoinitrite?

Because, believe it or not: He can do good character design. Pre-belts-and-zippers-everywhere he did:

-Parasite Eve
-Final Fantasy 8
-Brave Fencer Musashi

's designs, for starters.
He only had a short period of time when he put an excessive number of belts & zippers on a few characters in a few games. His character designs since have been mostly pretty simple and not overly reliant on belts or zippers (Aqua, Ven, Terra, Eraqus, Master Xehanort, 3rd Birthday, FFXV's original designs pre-fashion designer re-designs, first FFXIII's main cast etc.).

Top Bottom