• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TGS 2019 Final Fantasy VII Remake NEW gameplay featuring Tifa, Aerith, Ifrit

I am crying with real tears. What is this spectacle??? Jesus!!!

Everything looks phenomenal from the lighting to the combat flow! Tifa is a monster, Aerith so cute and Ifrit..... My jaw dropped

Game of all time!!

HOLY MOTHER OF GOD! Lets take a moment to appreciate the detail of that beast thumbnail for a second.... And the battle, OMG my jaw dropped when I saw Tifa and Cloud teaming up to rushdown that beast, it's better than I could ever imagine, I was afraid we were still going to fight one at a time, but it seems all three party members including summons can combo the boss to kingdom come!

D.Final

Banned
I am crying with real tears. What is this spectacle??? Jesus!!!

Everything looks phenomenal from the lighting to the combat flow! Tifa is a monster, Aerith so cute and Ifrit..... My jaw dropped

Game of all time!!

Fantastic battle :messenger_smiling_hearts:
The use of the Summon is also interesting.

Koutsoubas

That's for PC and maaaaybe PS5 but even for that I'm not sure. Game looks fantastic and photorealistic at certain points

Last edited:

Fret Runner

As hyped as I am for this damn game, I can't help but feel they are showing too much.
There is only a handful of scenes that they haven't shown at this point.
Really don't want a repeat of how playing MGSV felt.

Guessing the next trailer will show Nanaki.
I guess they are just looking at like "Screw it, everybody already knows the story and characters. No need to be coy"
Pet peeve. I admit. Hype level is still killing me.
Just please don't let me hear a single damn character quote "Loveless" Dear god please no.

Orta

Banned
I haven't a fucking clue what I'm getting myself into having never played an RPG but this looks spectacular and is being bought the moment its released.

Whitecrow

Banned
I haven't a fucking clue what I'm getting myself into having never played an RPG but this looks spectacular and is being bought the moment its released.
Oh, then wait to know about the story... I think 101% of the fans would like to be in your situation right now hahah

EDMIX

Damn is this really running on a PS4!?

After seeing Days Gone and running on Pro, I'm 100% sure Unreal Engine 4 can do this. If you look up some of the shared photomode screens people have of Days Gone, you'll see its a beast engine and I have no doubt it can do what you are seeing currently. Lots of other titles are doing some amazing things like Death Stranding, The Last Of Us 2, Ghost Of Tsushima etc

Koutsoubas

I have the Noctis Play Arts Kai figure. After this I'm getting Cloud's and Sephiroth's for sure!! Oh man the hype is crazy!!

Just imagine my boys battling Sephiroth together!

Last edited:

Green_Eyes

It’s a shame the summon hangs around the whole time. I much prefer the old school fatalities where they just come, do a butt load of damage and then leave again.

I was hoping you would take control of the summon FFX style, but I also quite like it the way it is right now; feels cool having a badass summon actually fight alongside you.

Looks great. I kinda wish there's canned animations for summons fighting bosses though. You'd think two big beasts would be brawling but they're really just tossing shit at each other. It doesn't have to be for the whole duration of the summon, just something like when the boss pinned Aerith.

mortal

Gold Member
Just speculation but this seems like a PC or ps5 build of the game. Excited to play it on either.
Nothing from those demos looked particularly impossible on current consoles, and there have been some phenomenal looking games this gen.
Is it all of the particle effects flying around making you think this? lol

Ryllix_

Nothing from those demos looked particularly impossible on current consoles, and there have been some phenomenal looking games this gen.
Is it all of the particle effects flying around making you think this? lol
It's the graphic quality at that framerate. That looks locked 60 fps which seems unlikely on a PS4, even a pro.

Shin

Banned
Camera looks a bit too close to the character in the video, I wonder if it's the case when actually playing.

damn between this and DS i really feel like I should buy a PS4...
I'm feeling the same, I'll get a PS4 sooner or later.

I'm very impressed by that demo, the slow motion while the player picks a command is really cool to look at. I'm just worried at the insane HP levels that enemies have, especially knowing this is just the beginning of the game.

DubReno

That did not look 60fps to me at all.

Yeah, if anything it was a locked 30. 30fps is okay as long as it stays 30 and doesn't keep dipping under.

I'm finding it very hard to come up with things I don't like for this game, it seems too good to be true really.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I still wish to see SE make mainline FF with turn based combat but god damn the combat here looks good, it looks 1000 X more satisfying than what we got with FFXV.

I was hoping you would take control of the summon FFX style, but I also quite like it the way it is right now; feels cool having a badass summon actually fight alongside you.

You sorta can take control of the summon, you can give it commands to do certain attacks.

Top Bottom