• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[TGS] 3rd Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Eyes of Heaven Trailer

delSai

Here is the new Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Eyes of Heaven trailer from the TGS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvKQ4EbMPU8

Shows off: Rohan, Akira, Okuyasu, Fatty, both Kiras, Giorno, Fugo, Mista, Narancia, Lisa Lisa, Petshop, Jolyne, Weather Report, Hermes, Pucci, Vanilla Ice and DIO.

Other news:
-There's going to be a Eyes of Heaven PS4 Bundle in Japan.
-The storymode seems to be about Pucci
which makes kinda sense given the name of the game
-Here's a short commercial showing new DHA's. Looks like you can ride a motorcycle in the Morioh stage, which is badass
-There seems to be a tournament where the voice actors play against each other some time in the future.
-The Trailer confirms that there are alt costumes in the game.

Screens:

3Lux1Lg.png

6BC2B8R.png

altsglaj5.jpg

Pappasman

Kinda wish we could get a real, good fighitng game again. But i guess this will have to do.

A disturbing lack of Part 7 in the trailer, but ending on the father-daughter rush punches was cool.

Dugna

I love the combo attacks and their animations but I wonder if they will bother recreating the stories at each part in game...I'm still at only the end of Part 3 and haven't read part 4...I really enjoy watching the new anime over reading the manga.

Koobion

I've never seen this series before, but I'm extremely intrigued. Where does one start to introduce themselves to this series?

Tizoc

I've never seen this series before, but I'm extremely intrigued. Where does one start to introduce themselves to this series?

Go to Crunchyroll.com as it has Parts 1-3 of the series subbed in English.
Afterwards you can read the fan translation of Part 4 and onwards.

If you prefer reading, Amazon.com have Part 1, 2 and 3 mangas available in English, or from you preferred book retailer, etc.

Astarte

I'm still pretty eh on this. Although they included Diego and motherfucking Weather Report (finally) in this, I'll wait for the inevitable post-release price crash like the one ASB went through.

Still waiting for that bruno confirmation.

Bruno is a character you don't have to worry about getting in. Seriously. You just don't.

Koobion

Go to Crunchyroll.com as it has Parts 1-3 of the series subbed in English.
Afterwards you can read the fan translation of Part 4 and onwards.

If you prefer reading, Amazon.com have Part 1, 2 and 3 mangas available in English, or from you preferred book retailer, etc.

Thanks to delSai as well :)

delSai

Someone pointed out that you can now buy costumes in a shop with in game cash

I hope Baoh returns. He was a really really cool addition.

Agreed, he was really fun in ASB and i feel like he would fit in even better in this kind of game.

Someone pointed out that you can now buy costumes in a shop with in game cash

Agreed, he was really fun in ASB and i feel like he would fit in even better in this kind of game.

Thank goodness.

And +1 on Baoh returning. A very welcome addition to ASB

delSai

shoponpyu.jpg

The shop sells Costumes, colors, victory poses, dialog and probably also stuff like music and so on, the pic just shows the customization shop.

Thank god the stupid campaign bullshit from ASB is gone.

Tizoc

shoponpyu.jpg

The shop sells Costumes, colors, victory poses, dialog and probably also stuff like music and so on, the pic just shows the customization shop.

Aw man is Big Daddy Higashikata not playable?
Then again his Stand isn't exactly a combat Stand,
but still we wouldn't get him in-game doing poses and ish.

delSai

Holy shit guys according to EOH's twitter the game is now playable with 4P OFFLINE and 2v2 ONLINE.
I hope it wasnt just google translate fucking up and its something else

"Jojo EoH " JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Eyes of Heaven " in possible 2vs2 online 4P play with four players ! Deep battle can enjoy offline completely different strategy and is required in PvP !"

Edit: Actually... just sounds like 2v2 online. :/ I got too excited for a sec

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
shoponpyu.jpg

THANK. GOD. As amazing as all of the stuff Namco packed in showing just how big Jojo fans they were, unlocking all of the alt costues, poses, etc. was the biggest pain, especially considering it was COMPLETELY RANDOM & had a damn energy/timer system, even if it was dramatically reduced from 20 minutes (?!?!?) to only 2 in the US version, which is basically one battle after loading times & such.

Mista Koo

This might be a good place to ask this, how spoilery is All Stars Battle? I've watched the anime and I plan to read Part IV if they don't announce the anime soon enough.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
This might be a good place to ask this, how spoilery is All Stars Battle? I've watched the anime and I plan to read Part IV if they don't announce the anime soon enough.
There's a Story Mode that's basically a very bare bones Wiki-esque summary of each part & you just do key battles with the characters, i.e. Jotaro vs. Dio & such. I don't know if certain specials spoil anything (well maybe one I can think of, but that's more of a "it's a spoiler if you're told it's a spoiler"), but if you do Story Mode, it'll give away some of the biggest moments away via the text parts.

I can't remember if any of the character-specific intros or victory quotes spoil anything, though. But Parts 5, 6, & 7 are REALLY short as I recall because they can't really re-create a lot of key battles from the manga (I think about only 3 battles total for each one?), & Part 8 doesn't even follow the manga considering it has only one character.

delSai

Some of the supers are spoiler-ish.

I can't remember if any of the character-specific intros or victory quotes spoil anything, though.

I can think of one intro thats a spoiler.
Doppio -> Diavolo

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Some of the supers are spoiler-ish.

I can think of one intro thats a spoiler.
Doppio -> Diavolo
Ahh, yeah, that could count. & you're also right on certain supers being spoiler-ish, especially the few that have additional animation/dialogue if you use them on the right/"key" characters (i.e. if Jotaro does input while being attack by Dio's Great Heart Attack), but there's only 3 of them I think & 2 of them are Part 7 characters.

Tizoc

Very spoiler heavy since it'd have various scenes or in game stuff from Parts 4 onwards.

delSai

Quick update:
Match from the EOH panel, Jonathan & Speedwagon vs Jotaro & Kakyoin, bad gameplay warning! Youji Ueda, voice of Speedwagon is playing and has no idea what to do lol.

Steelball Jack, the guy that translates all the scans for Eyes of Heaven said that the game has Cross Platform play, that's pretty cool.

Steelball Jack, the guy that translates all the scans for Eyes of Heaven said that the game has Cross Platform play, that's pretty cool.

For a fighter/party fighter, guess that explains the 30 fps lock on PS4. Unless that is, they've updated that from the first demo I've played.

Shogun1337

Jotaro is far too cool to engage in a dual-special attack. And both of them saying the same thing? He'd think it was way too corny.

Damn, no Diavolo yet...

Any speculation as to who that was behind Rohan at the end of the trailer?

It's a pretty good chance that's King Crimson. The silhouette matches, especially the flat shoulders and the square face. Also it's kind of King Crimson's shtick.

Actually just before that scene there's a picture of Pucci with 6 dark shadows behind him. I really can't make out who they are; one looks like Fugo and another Avdol? Blink and you'll miss it but there's also a scene where Polneraff meets a turtle...

edit:
Pretty sure it's Pucci. The silhouette has the same pose as his new character portrait for the game.
Yeah, that definetly looks more like Pucci comparing it to his official art.

Tizoc

I suspect a localization announcement will be made by Paris Game Show that starts in a few weeks' time.

Top Bottom