• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

That graffiti-like "S" symbol everyone (?) drew in grade school

Status
Not open for further replies.
eyeofjupiternotpreviousqf7.jpg
I see what you did there.

Psychic artifact that works its way into the dreams of young minds.

If its drawn enough times the elder fiend will awaken from his timeless slumber.

Anyone do the square game where you draw a bunch of dots in columns and rows and you take turns with a friend drawing a single line. The person that closes aa box colors it in.

Kyzon

Actually, i cant remember if someone showed me the S or if i just figured it out.

i used to use my eraser to scratch it into notebooks.

i called it a diamond s, or crystal s

And here's a mystical device that only seven year old girls could construct or comprehend:

mfortuner-teller.jpg

The girls at my video store were doing this when I went to check out last week. I said I hadn't seen that since grade school and we had a good laugh. Apparently they were pretty slow that night.

draw 3 upright lines "3 friends were walking in the woods"
draw an S in front of them "oh no! a snake!"
1st friend ran around the corner. draw small curve.
2nd jumped into a lake. jump the pencil to draw a point.
3rd didn't know which way to go. draw back and forth perpendicularly.

congratulations! you just wrote the word shit

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Definitely remember this. I still have old notebooks from elementary school that likely have these drawn somewhere. Hadn't really ever thought of how it originated though :/

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
32 here. I remember drawing it and it being connected with Stussy. I remember the skateboarders always writing it in black sharpie on everything. Earliest I remember seeing it, doing it would be the early/mid 90's.

GavinGT

Banned
I'm unconvinced of the skateboarding origins. I grew up in St. Louis county, in a town where I don't think I ever saw a skateboarder. All the kids were in to rollerblading instead.

Artemisia

Banned

There once was a woman with 69 boobs.

And she thought that was 2, 2, 2 many.

So she went to 51st street.

Where she met Dr. X.

The surgery took 8 hours to complete.

When she left the hospital she was:

boobless3lj.jpg

Everyone thought they were so clever when they pulled that shit.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
35 from uk, i remember drawing this also i would add reflective shines to it and light bouncing off it. shit dont think i have drawn this in years lol
anyone else remember bubble writing?
makinf each letter in a word look as though it had been inflated?

Sadsic

Should we have an age check?

29 here.. Class of 2001.. definitely drew this bad boy.. maybe early highschool/late grammar school.

edit;

I remember a mexican gang affiliation with it...

class of 2008, can definitely remember this in middle school circa 2001/2002

Acerac

Banned
Anyone do the square game where you draw a bunch of dots in columns and rows and you take turns with a friend drawing a single line. The person that closes aa box colors it in.

The key to this game was purposely giving away 2 blocks to force your opponent to give more. :)

YES. I remember my best friend and I had a game going for days with a third party who kept it safe. Finally, I got my friend where I wanted him and after staring at the paper for like five mintues straight, he said "All right you, won."

But that wasn't enough. He had to draw the line so I could go on a line-drawing victory lap, so that my win would be complete.

MIMIC

Banned

Where she met Dr. X.

boobless3lj.jpg

LOL. Never seen that before.

(edit: when I quoted your post, the calculator image wasn't there; I was doing it on my own)

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
I remember I had a "Friends" note pad in school and using whiteout and black pen I replaced all their faces on the cover with that S.

trinest

I saw it a few times when I was in primary school, but I didn't do it nor cared for it. (also the types of people who would draw it were doosh try hard types).

35 from uk, i remember drawing this also i would add reflective shines to it and light bouncing off it. shit dont think i have drawn this in years lol
anyone else remember bubble writing?
makinf each letter in a word look as though it had been inflated?

Yeah, this was huge in the UK too haha, weird!

Yeah bubble writing was awesome!

raindoc

there were plenty of these on my schoolbooks in the early-mid 90ies (although there were no horizontal lines in the version i know).
weird flashback... i feel the urge to listen to "Automatic for the People", or some Soul Asylum.

I remember my sister drawing these in the late nineties, and the hot topic kids drew them in 2004.

Where she met Dr. X.

The one I was told went like this:
There was a girl aged 13 who had boob size 84 but she wanted down to 45, so the doctor said 0 take 2 tablets, but instead she took 4 and that left her 55378008.

moris

I remember drawing it in elementary school too and then wrote the whole alphabet with that style. I still can I guess.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Despite internet conjecture leaving room for doubt, it's most definitely related to Stussy clothing. The reason it gained traction within my group of friends way back in primary school is because one of them had a Stussy shirt with the "S" emblem on it.

Late edit: Apparently its origins run deeper. *cue X-Files theme*

trinest

Despite internet conjecture leaving room for doubt, it's most definitely related to Stussy clothing. The reason it gained traction within my group of friends way back in primary school is because one of them had a Stussy shirt with the "S" emblem on it.

Cause you know a brand which existed not outside of America influenced people around the same time with no internet to draw a creepy S.

Goron2000

best junior ever
I went to school in the early 90's before any kid would have easy access to the Internet and all the kids used to draw it. I live in England.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom