• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 100 S4 |OT| Meltdowns of Epic Proportions - Wednesdays at 9/8C

I ended up watching Black Mirror instead. Did I make a bad decision or nah?

Unlike apparently most people here, I actually liked this episode. A lot of plot movement and character development on all fronts. Bellamy finally got called out on his shit by multiple people, except of course Clarke who sticks up for him like always. Even Murphy and Jaha got called out.

You'll probably appreciate that Clarke actually got some love and support this episode. And some Lexa talk.

It also got pretty dark. No idea where Octavia is going now, but it can't be good. Marcus god bless him continues to Do The Right Thing and almost fucking everything up. He thinks he's on the Enterprise and not in charge at the end of civilization.

The missing barrel was some pretty typical The 100 bullshit though.

p.s. fuck Jasper

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
p.s. fuck Jasper

Jasper is so fucking condescending. We get it, you're diving head first into this fatalism thing. He's just a dick constantly and it drives me up the wall. Jasper & Monty used to be a set but now the only reason I don't want to see Jasper die is because that might send Monty over the edge. And Monty is one of the most reasonable people on the show.

The rest of the storylines this season are pretty good. I wasn't enamored with the Grounder Politics earlier, but Roan's closer proximity to Clarke and Arkadia made it an easier pill to swallow. I was concerned that everyone would be separated all season, glad that didn't happen.

Raven is my favorite character on the show, hard seeing her in pain trying to save everyone.

The leap from Roan to the other vehicle in order to save the fuel was well done. I'm not sure what they are going to do now though. Not surprising something would go wrong, that's the show's whole MO. No completely good or bad choices, just difficult ones.

"The sword doesn't care what you meant, it just cuts"

Octavia continuing down her dark path.

jelly

I guess back to the oil rig they got taken to before finding the night blood person for some fuel and then to the refinery wherever that is but what future science base doesn't have a deep bunker with loads of secrets and stashes. Somebody find the secret lift.

Jhoan

LMAO! I knew Octavia and that dude were going to smang the moment they ran into that cave. And Bellamy is such a damn moron for trying to risk his ass to save two people. Someone needs to smack some sense into his emo ass.

Jhoan

Welp goodbye murderous, bad ass Octavia. I hope she still stands up for herself when push comes to shove.

Man they're about to pull a Last of Us on this poor sap. I hope it was worth the sacrifice.

Yeah, I expect Octavia will build herself back up. I hope.

LOL damn that's COLD. That was all an act, all that rage, holy shit, LOL.

Ah yeah, of course. I was thinking the black rain on this show was something different.

Right. I even tried to double-check too before posting those to see if it was mentioned on the show wiki or anything since it's been brought up numerous times and for so long and I don't think they've ever even specified that they were using the real term or their own spin on it, but they do seem to be using it as is since they don't seem to have ever described it with any twists.

A lot of drama this episode with nothing really happening other than people running from a storm.

Octavia, a rebound is one thing, but with the guy who completely fucked over your so-called friends? Well good luck being a sheep farmer when they all die from black rain. Also you're probably going to regret throwing away your only weapons.

I don't trust Emori at all, never have. She's going to betray the group as soon as she catches a hint of something not going her way.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
I've been trying to check the new season, but so far not even good earth cleavage can bring me in after the colossal mess that was S3. I just can't find the strenght to do it :(

Is this season any better?

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Watching now

Everyone is stripping down to their underwear and splashing themselves with water. I think my TV may overheat.

Grizzlyjin

You should watch for Harper, just saying.

Now we know how they wash their clothes. Everyone is using Harper's abs as a washboard. Sweet Christmas.

Episode was alright. I'd honestly prefer if they spent a whole episode on some of the secondary characters. This one and the one with the cult bunker felt like they were spinning their wheels a little up until the very end.

Abby's conflict really bothered me. Especially so when Kane threw up his arms when he talked to her about it. I mean, come on: these people were the Ark's political leadership. The entire show began by experimenting on the 100 to see if Earth was survivable! This is the same concept that for some reason Abby and Kane are now suddenly having second thoughts about. Just not believable given the stakes and given the history they have not only in participating in these choices but directing them.

Yeah, people on the Arc were probably more savage and less empathetic in the "end justifies the means" sort of way than the Grounders or the Mountain Men. I mean they sent a hundred of their kids down to Earth as guinea pigs to likely die but now Abby is having ethical issues using someone as a test subject?

LakeEarth

Funny how the horse seemed completely unaffected from the terrible burning black rain. They did manage to slip in an obvious dubbed line "I gotta wash off my horse" to keep it from being a full-blown plot hole.

It's also funny how there are always characters missing. Last week, Clarke's mom was "asleep" the whole episode, now Raven was missing the entire episode. I know it's for budget, but still.

Funny how the horse seemed completely unaffected from the terrible burning black rain. They did manage to slip in an obvious dubbed line "I gotta wash off my horse" to keep it from being a full-blown plot hole.

It's also funny how there are always characters missing. Last week, Clarke's mom was "asleep" the whole episode, now Raven was missing the entire episode. I know it's for budget, but still.

The grounder seemed to think his sheep survived.

Yeah, people on the Arc were probably more savage and less empathetic in the "end justifies the means" sort of way than the Grounders or the Mountain Men. I mean they sent a hundred of their kids down to Earth as guinea pigs to likely die but now Abby is having ethical issues using someone as a test subject?

They also overlooked the fact that Octavia has been killing people left, right, and centre when they came up with that "you'll be just like him" guilt trip in that past episode.

But... I'm glad Bellamy dropped that "you spaced my mom" bomb or whatever it was. It shows that stuff isn't forgotten, and is a welcome inclusion when what's his face is going off on one of his holier than thou spiels.

Thought it was a pretty decent episode. Nothing amazing but still much stronger than the disappointing let down that was season 3. This season seems to have a stronger momentum in terms of the drive of the story with something to fight for and high stakes straight away - similar to how seasons 1 and 2 had a strong story drive that made them both so compelling.

Enjoying this season much more than a last, and I'm glad it has been renewed for another one.

Joni

Season 3 was better though. It didn't feel as stretched and was showing new territory. This season is shrinking the world again after all the world building last year. Season 1 was the small crash site and one nearby village, season 2 was the mountain and the first real village. Season 3 was Polis combined with the Ice Nation and the clan reveals. Season 4 stepped away from Polis, the clans have been reduced to Roan and they have introduced one modern set.

Same time Clarke and Octavia are losing their edge. I miss Wanheda and Sky Ripper.

The budget cuts also seem annoying. Monty, Jasper, Jaha, Raven are all gone this episode. If that is the idea, just kill one or two when another clan attacks.

Harper looked fine.

She'd be a good Aloy in a Horizon Zero Dawn movie or TV show.

The absence of key characters is indeed getting very noticable week to week. Last week Abby was not at the lab and now Luna and Raven are nowhere to be seen. And this was a studio set, not the Arcadia place somewhere in the forest you can't stay for weeks. I can't imagine it's even a cost thing, as a series regular Paige Turco, Lindsey Morgan and Devon Bostick would still get paid for the episodes they are not in if I understand Hollywood rules.

Joni

The CW doesn't give every actor the same regular contract. Clarke has a full season contract but Raven might be at something like 80%. Best comparison is always the Vampire Diaries where Bonnie and Caroline were only contracted for 18 episodes each season despite being regulars.

Octavia going all Monster's Ball with firestarter was unexpected.

Becca had a really nice place.

Nice twist by Murphy's girl, that duo are the ultimate survivors.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Slowly catching up with the season.

Why are you wearing a shower cap, Jasper. You grimmy motherfucker. I bet there are several colonies of insects living in that mop of yours. Wash that shit down.

Edit: are Raven and O looking their best yet or what? And Echo. Why every girl in this show is hot af.
Edit 2: that poor girl's death at the end of the premiere was fucking brutal.
Edit 3: Sum jifs

GhtrG6y.gif
X05e0dQ.gif
GuYDSj6.gif

I love how The 100 continues to be one of the most secretly savage shows on TV right along The Americans. This has to be Octavia's season, btw. Whew.

New episode tonight! God Complex:

After a disappointing discovery, Clarke and Abby question how far they're willing to go. Meanwhile, Jaha finds a lead to the mysterious Second Dawn.

Also Octavia is a badass and looked super hot in her underwear in the last episode. Looking forward to the new episode.

Jhoan

Some impressions so far:

-Ouch it burns! Why do people spout black goo when they're dying?
-More Jasper and Bellamy. The bromance thickens...or not. What is Jasper up to?
-I like how the group in the bunker is turning on each other again. The desperation to find a cure is strong in this one.

Top Bottom