• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 100 S4 |OT| Meltdowns of Epic Proportions - Wednesdays at 9/8C

Joni

She cares a lot about the ceremony. That is why she was following it. She could have easily taken the chip and plopped it in. She knows how to do it. She just knows that you don't placate people when they are risking the world.

I wouldn't be so stupid to let the entire world die out because of a religion. Echo was equally smart. She knew what was at stake as well and she took action. All the other sides just stood there watching how they doomed their clan. Because with commander Clarke they would have gotten in.

I'm also yet to see how they would have respected the outcome if Luna had won. You do realise they would have gone to war again in a heartbeat.

Still, they will yet get the chance to survive and Clarke will likely roam the world alone for years. But they can't know that.

She cares a lot about the ceremony. That is why she was following it. She could have easily taken the chip and plopped it in. She knows how to do it. She just knows that you don't placate people when they are risking the world.

The world isn't in the bunker at the end of the episode. It's her people.

If you can't see the parallels between what she's doing now and Lexa's betrayal in past seasons then you obviously haven't been paying attention. Hell, they've already explicitly mentioned the similarities between her and Jaha sending kids off to die on Earth.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I would've been on Team I Don't Have Time for This Hunger Games Bullshit. Especially when there was a 1/13 chance that Luna wins and everybody gets to die...just cause. Actually better than 1/13 because Luna was one of the most skilled opponents there.

Great episode for Octavia, she got a lot of well deserved moments. But I really can't blame Clarke for not wanting to risk the future of the human race on bloodsport. I think that's what makes this dynamic interesting, I can see both sides of the argument. I loved the line at the end about using gas "like the Mountain Men."

Clarke made the logical move. Sure, it's very dickish, but fuck stuff like honor and righteousness. She does what needs doing. The other idiots can run around killing each other meanwhile.

Clarke made the logical move. Sure, it's very dickish, but fuck stuff like honor and righteousness. She does what needs doing. The other idiots can run around killing each other meanwhile.
All she had to do was have a little faith in Octavia and wait a few more minutes!

Elandyll

Banned
All she had to do was have a little faith in Octavia and wait a few more minutes!
But then if Luna won she wouldn't have the time to move anyone in, because religious nutjobs would argue that Luna's the Queen, and a war would ensue between traditionalists and survivalists, when the radiation storm can be there at anytime by now. Fuck this.

Rohan and her mother did this.

Twice.

What I thought was funny was the idea that Luna could win and then what? Sit on top of the entrance and guard it by herself? It would've done no good.

I like how Clarke said "she just wants to save humanity", which actually convinced Roan to make a truce with Octavia, when it was all just bullshit. She had already decided to fuck everyone over.

Clarke has done some questionable shit in the past, but in this case I think the writers strayed too far outside even her moral zone.

Here's my theory for next episode: Raven is going to figure out how to synthesize nightblood and give it to all the grounders in Polis. Meanwhile Bellamy is going to freak the fuck out and go Rambo on the bunker's air supply or something and kill everyone inside.

Joni

Have faith in the least experienced of the fighters who had been on a suicide mission for half the season?

What I thought was funny was the idea that Luna could win and then what? Sit on top of the entrance and guard it by herself? It would've done no good.

The same thing would happen no matter who wins
The losers would wipe them out. That is why this talk about tradition is stupid. None of them would have accepted it. Just look at what is going to happen now. By the rules, Skycrew is right. They won so they get the bunker. Octavia doesn't have the right to change that.

Have faith in the least experienced of the fighters who had been on a suicide mission for half the season?

The same thing would happen no matter who wins
The losers would wipe them out. That is why this talk about tradition is stupid. None of them would have accepted it. Just look at what is going to happen now. By the rules, Skycrew is right. They won so they get the bunker. Octavia doesn't have the right to change that.

It is really funny how people turn on characters like this to suit their own bias.

You also talk about tradition being stupid, and then immediately say "by the rules". No.

Exceptions are being made for Clarke because she's your hero. Hell, she could murder children and you'd probably still love her. Oh wait... she did that already.

LakeEarth

Meanwhile Bellamy is going to freak the fuck out and go Rambo on the bunker's air supply or something and kill everyone inside.
Of course. He's in there and Octavia is out there. Clarke is being uncharacteristically stupid not realizing the shit storm she set into motion by grabing him.

Joni

It is really funny how people turn on characters like this to suit their own bias.

You also talk about tradition being stupid, and then immediately say "by the rules". No.

Exceptions are being made for Clarke because she's your hero. Hell, she could murder children and you'd probably still love her. Oh wait... she did that already.
I'm saying your argument doesn't work with what we know of these people. I could be wrong, maybe they will go nicely away and accept that Skycrew won. If they don't, it would be stupid to assume they would do so with any other winner. Echo and Clarke were the only ones smart enough to realize it.

The rules were simple, the clan of the winner gets in. If you and the clans are so serious about it, Octavia committed blasphemy and betrayed her clan.

Clarke made the right call. The Ark clan is the only group experienced in being locked indoors permanently and has the technological know how to keep the lights and air on. With Octavia's plan you would have lots of Grounders going stir crazy and old clan conflicts continuing to be fought out.

Of course something will happen to prevent everyone outside from dying so it will turn out not to be the right call but as it was now, with Raven's cure failed and the Black Rain days away her decision is in line with how Clarke always thought. Bringing in Bellamy is a huge mistake but with the Mount Weather missile launch she also chose saving Bellamy at the risk of killing Octavia and even her mother.

giphy.gif

Yup, there's Bellamy's reaction as expected.

What did you expect to happen Monty?

Yup, mom, you're doing it again.

LOL no Jaha, that's pretty much never gonna pass for Bellamy.

LOL mom getting it done.

Surprise Clarke! lol

Abby going for one last try before hitting the Bellamy button.

Edit: And there it is.

Jhoan

There it is. I thought Jasper was going to wake up and say gotcha in that moment but mofo actually went through with it. That scene was like something out of out of one of those real life events where a charismatic cult leader ordered his followers to commit suicide for enlightenment.

Top Bottom