• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 3DS Lineup For 2012 is HUGE... Best Lineup for any system next year

pramath

Banned
I don't know what this means.

So there won't be one for Vita?

Not anytime soon. From the looks of things, it is clear that Nintendo money hatted Capcom for Monster Hunter exclusivity, at least for the time being. Maybe there'll be a Monster Hunter game on the Vita two, three years down the line, but for the foreseeable future, the series is 3DS exclusive.

pramath

Banned
I feel bad that we are waiting for Kid Icarus so long, because from every impression I've gotten it's not a good game.

It feels like the 3DS's own Metroid Prime Hunters.
I was interested in the game to begin with, now I just want it to be released already so that Sakurai can start work on the new Smash Bros.

- J - D -

Not anytime soon. From the looks of things, it is clear that Nintendo money hatted Capcom for Monster Hunter exclusivity, at least for the time being. Maybe there'll be a Monster Hunter game on the Vita two, three years down the line, but for the foreseeable future, the series is 3DS exclusive.

Oh okay.

HEROES OF RUIN
3ds_heroes-of-ruin_shot1.jpg

Really? This is only good for Street Sharks jokes.

METAL GEAR SOLID 3D: SNAKE EATER
w8SNS.jpg

Dear god no.

FIRE EMBLEM
3dsfireemblem06.jpg

Chances don't look good for this one. Of all the Nintendo TGS trailers released, this was the only one not released on the 3DS trailers in North America. They're probably pretending it doesn't exist. I'm just glad I've racked up many years of Fire Emblem experience to play this blind folded. They even changed the stats up screen so you won't understand what stats are going up unless you can read Japanese.

This thread is just... wrong!

Everyone knows 3DS was DOA at the hands of smartphones and Vita. Have I entered an alternate dimension where Nintendo is un-doomed????

OMG YES all over my face!

SykoTech

Forgot about Kid Icarus. My interest has fell significantly after seeing more gameplay. But I'd still like to try it I guess. Maybe after it bombs.

Eh, it's strong, but I still think PS360 is much stronger, especially PS3 with exclusives like
Twisted Metal
Tales of Graces F
maybe Tales of Xillia too if Bamco doesn't take forever to localize it
Last Guardian
Ni No Kuni
Journey
Starhawk
Sly Raccoon 4: Thieves In Time
Final Fantasy Versus XIII (YES I'M TOO OPTIMISTIC)
(Jak & Daxter HD Collection)

in addition to an endless stream of multiplatform titles like
SSX
FFXIII-2
Soul Calibur V
The Darkness 2
Kingdoms of Amalur
Mass Effect 3
Street Fighter X Tekken
Bioshock Infinite
Anarchy Reigns
Grand Theft Auto V
Metal Gear Solid Rising
Prey 2
Risen 2
Tomb Raider
Borderlands 2
Assassin's Creed III
(DMC HD Collection)

and whatever I'm forgetting and what hasn't been announced yet. Not to even mention PSN & XBLA crap all over 3DS's digital service offerings-

Lol, I'd eat the headphones I'm wearing if Versus and Xillia make it (to the west) next year.

But yeah, I'd agree. Between the exclusives and multiplats, I'll probably be wearing out the PS3 again next year.

btkadams

some of those look great! i'm still waiting for the revision, but then i will be able to pick up those great games at potentially cheaper prices.

Chances don't look good for this one. Of all the Nintendo TGS trailers released, this was the only one not released on the 3DS trailers in North America. They're probably pretending it doesn't exist. I'm just glad I've racked up many years of Fire Emblem experience to play this blind folded. They even changed the stats up screen so you won't understand what stats are going up unless you can read Japanese.
Don't forget the lovely region lockout. I don't have much hope for FE 3DS in NA. At best it will be released in EU (which still means region lockout).

Famassu

Really? This is only good for Street Sharks jokes.
It might not look too hot graphically, but it seems like it could have enough going for it as far as loot-whore hack 'n slash RPGs go, what's with the seemingly strong support for all of 3DS's features (drop-in/drop-out online coop, Street Pass and other such stuff) and the whole Borderlands-like random-loot generator. As long as it offers a decent length campaign and well balanced New Game+, it could be a game to look out for, at least for fans of the genre.

m.i.s.

Banned
Everyone knows 3DS was DOA at the hands of smartphones and Vita.

Revisionist history yet agin. Everyone and his dog were saying how the 3DS would be THE biggest launch since the PS2.

Have I entered an alternate dimension where Nintendo is un-doomed????

Maybe you can join AceBandage, who kept repeating that doomed meme until he got banned.

Best Lineup for any system next year

Now, where have I heard that before?

pramath

Banned
Don't forget the lovely region lockout. I don't have much hope for FE 3DS in NA. At best it will be released in EU (which still means region lockout).

Honestly, what are the odds that Nintendo gets rid of the region lock anytime soon? I could see them patching it out with a firmware update if they really had to...

pramath

Banned
Revisionist history yet agin. Everyone and his dog were saying how the 3DS would be THE biggest launch since the PS2.

Except that when it failed to meet those (rather unrealistic) expectations, it was immediately proclaimed as a failure destined to a slow death at the hands of smartphones and the Vita. Denying that would be revisionist history.

EDIT: Sorry for the double post

Aru

Pretty good list.

I should buy:
- KH 3D
- Bravely Default: FF
- Kid Icarus: Uprising
- RE: R
- Paper Mario
- TotA 3D (but it will be released this week over here)
- Fire Emblem (if released in Europe)

And maybe Theatrythm.

Tambini

I'm still a bit bummed about paying £200 at launch but the library is sure getting better.

I hope Kingdom Hearts isn't too far away..

Apath

Except that when it failed to meet those (rather unrealistic) expectations, it was immediately proclaimed as a failure destined to a slow death at the hands of smartphones and the Vita. Denying that would be revisionist history.

EDIT: Sorry for the double post
I don't think anyone seriously believes (believed?) the Vita will destroy the 3DS. Isn't it always about how the DS cannibalizes the sales, and how modern cell phones have taken the casual market? Anytime someone voices that sentiment, I recall people bringing up DS vs PSP all over again.

What I've noticed is that people personally feel that the Vita has outed the 3DS, not that that will also be the same for the mass market as a whole and transfer to more sales.

Berordn

Honestly, what are the odds that Nintendo gets rid of the region lock anytime soon? I could see them patching it out with a firmware update if they really had to...

Unlikely, they maintain it's required for the different regional online services and publishers seem to like it. They probably could remove it for cartridge games, but the money's telling them not to.

It will be a painful wait for KH's localization.

sphinx

the piano man
Should be, It'll probably be next Wednesday when they release the update though. I bet you that they'll release the GBA ambassador games on December 22nd (HERE'S YOUR XMAS PRESENT FROM US AT NINTENDO!!!)

er, at least here in Europe it was already confirmed that the GBA ambassador games will come sometime in 2012, maybe America wins this time and you get them earlier?

leroidys

Three good games, one of which is a remake...?

Wow, two games and a port. Totally blows away next years line up.

Well its the best looking mario kart yet, a GOTY contender mario, and a really good remake of one of the best games ever released.

I'm not saying that next years lineup looks bad, it just looks like a bunch of A - B tier games, whereas this year had a couple AAA releases.

I mean, I'll get layton, it will be fun, FE might be good, Luigi's Mansion 2 has the potential to be quite good, Paper Mario will be fun... these all look like good games but none are really going to blow me away.

I'm SUPER hyped for bravely default, but AFAIK, it doesn't have an actual release date. It's likely it will come out next year, but not for sure, especially in NA.

Some people are really defensive about their console of choice...

hatchx

Banned
I personally just can't wait for the Analog Pro Plus thingy add-on majig.

The 3DS is so small and thin it really cramps my hand. I actually play with it in the charger dock just so I have something to hold.

I'll pick up one of those Analog-add-ons for games that don't use it. I have big hands!

This peripheral is my most wanted thing on 3DS. I also know it'll make Resident Evil, Kid Icarus, MGS3, and other games that much better.

Berordn

er, at least here in Europe it was already confirmed that the GBA ambassador games will come sometime in 2012, maybe America wins this time and you get them earlier?

According to the NA Nintendo support site (here):
The Game Boy Advance Virtual Console games will launch before the end of 2011.

The specific dates these games will be available for download will be made available exclusively to Ambassadors who have accepted the Ambassador Certificate.

bodine1231

Has anyone played Skylanders on 3DS? I have the console version and I know its different I'm just wondering if its any good (already have a ton of figures).

Zebra

Hopefully Rollercoaster Tycoon 3D winds up being awesome. Another game to beef up an already exciting year.

sphinx

the piano man
According to the NA Nintendo support site (here):

From the German Site

Nintendo.de said:
Ab kommendem Jahr verfügbar.

Titel für die Game Boy Advance Virtual Console

Yoshi's Island: Super Mario Advance 3
Mario Kart: Super Circuit
Metroid Fusion
WarioWare, Inc.: Minigame Mania
Mario vs. Donkey Kong
und fünf weitere Titel

bolded means "Available next year" and upon doing some search in google.de, many sites reported it officially.

Seanspeed

Banned
Pretty great line-up. Wouldn't say its better than the 360/PS3 line-ups, but thats nothing to be ashamed of.

Looking foward to the 3DS Lite and all the games that will be available once it comes out!

Berordn

bolded means "Available next year" and upon doing some search in google.de, many sites reported it officially.

I guess America wins then, which is odd because I thought the NES games launched within a day of each other in each region?

edit: Oh I got it. Releases December 31st in NA, January 1st in EU. The only explanation!

bryehn

Oh God you guys made me doubt in Fire Emblem being released here :(

If it doesn't, well I don't even know, I give up I guess.

Tiktaalik

2nd year of NDS was pretty epic too. There's definitely a period where it seems like all of Nintendo is working on the same platform and the results are great. This E3 will be a very, very good one for the 3DS.

Atcha

The 3DS Lineup For 2012 is HUGE... Best Lineup for any system next year Reply to Thread

I'm not agree with that.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The only game that really interests me on there is KH and it shouldn't since I'm sure it's another dumb side story with too much emphasis on Nomura characters. Would consider Fire Emblem, but I don't have a lot of trust in NoA bringing over games these days

Would buy a 3DS for Majora's remake though.

Berordn

The only game that really interests me on there is KH and it shouldn't since I'm sure it's another dumb side story with too much emphasis on Nomura characters. Would consider Fire Emblem, but I don't have a lot of trust in NoA bringing over games these days

It's a direct sequel to KH2.

GCX

The list isn't that impressive yet but I'm sure 2012 will be a great year since there's probably a big list of unannounced games in development by Nintendo and everyone else. This time last year we didn't know about games like Mario 3D Land.

I think it's not a very interesting lineup tbh, wouldn't surprise me if it's one of the weakest of the year when all is said and done (Vita has an unusually good launch lineup)
In the back of my mind is the region locked nonsense with the 3DS, which really dampens my enthusiasm for it. I'll probably not be picking it up til KH releases in europe.

Top Bottom