• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 3DS Lineup For 2012 is HUGE... Best Lineup for any system next year

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
The only thing I thought when looking at the OP was that western developers don't care about developing for the 3DS.
Usually because they designate skeleton crews to developing the games on there which is where you get the inevitable shovelware, though I am sure this happens on both sides of the Pacific. Also a majority of them simply do not see the big deal with it, even though handhelds are more likely to get a larger install base than anything else i.e. family with 3 kids owns 1 console, but could hypothetically own 3+ handhelds.

Didn't most Fire Emblem games bomb in EU for the most part? I don't know for certain though so someone please correct me if I'm wrong. If it's not coming to NA, I doubt EU will get it.

Because the 3DS is much more powerful and has many more features...is this some sort of joke post?

internetseriousbusiness02.jpg

Izayoi

Banned
commish said:
No etrian odyssey. Fuck you Nintendo.
Hey man, that's not Nintendo's fault.

It was already announced, just a matter of Atlus getting off their collective asses and pushing the game out the door.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I think RPG players that are fans of NoA have the worst battered wife syndrome in the video game industry.

NoA's stance on the Mother Series
The Xenoblade debacle

I've read several statements in this topic that people stated they were done with NoA if they don't bring over Fire Emblem 3DS. Are you guys actually going to keep to your word?

I wanted to make a thread asking people which group they think has the biggest battered wife syndrome in the industry, but I don't know if that would be bating console wars or not. Sega fans seem like a runner up.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
That is an impressive lineup, will definitely buy in the future.

I still need my killer app to come out (an Ace Attorney or 2D castlevania game).

Nemesis_

Layton / Ace Attorney is coming though, right? I wonder if it did well on that PLEASE CHOOSE WHAT YOU WANT LOCALISED poll that Level-5 put up many months ago.

kunonabi

I think RPG players that are fans of NoA have the worst battered wife syndrome in the video game industry.

The Xenoblade debacle

I've read several statements in this topic that people stated they were done with NoA if they don't bring over Fire Emblem 3DS. Are you guys actually going to keep to your word?

I wanted to make a thread asking people which group they think has the biggest battered wife syndrome in the industry, but I don't know if that would be bating console wars or not. Sega fans seem like a runner up.

3DS is going to be my primary system going forward so I'll put up with NoA's crap there.

However I will not be purchasing a US Wii U. Plain and simple. I should never have had to import The Last Story and Xenoblade.

The Xenoblade debacle

I love how Americans don't get Mother 3 or Xenoblade and suddenly it's like "holy shit PAL dudes have it so lucky" like Xenoblade makes up for the fact that we didn't get a Final Fantasy 'til 7 (Mystic Quest doesn't count), a Dragon Quest 'til 8, Earthbound, Super Mario RPG, Chrono Trigger or any of that shit. Like "hey, wow, we got one game over you after virtually two generations of nothing, aren't we the luckiest fuckers out".

Octagon

I was coming into this thread thinking meh... i don't believe this.
Then i saw the screenshot for the new Fire Emblem
=> 3DS = <3

mAcOdIn

The Xenoblade debacle

I am! I haven't and will not buy Zelda, which was the last game even being released on the Wii I wanted, on the 3DS side i have not bought Mario but then, I don't actually like Matio so that one was easy.

Definitely some good stuff coming. What I'd really like to see is a handheld Pikmin. I think that could be great, especially with the touchscreen.

It still baffles me why the pushed the 3DS out the door with a Spring release to no games, when they probably would have been better off holding out until a month or two ago with all these stronger games that have come out being there for launch or launch window.

Garjon

I wanted to snap up that £120 deal on Amazon but this close to Christmas...
I'm definitely getting one after that though and that's mostly because 3DSes are cheaper than DSIs around here and I never owned one myself.

That lineup is certainly impressive, though I would like it if there was some sort of description, however brief about the game, where it'll release etc.

Owzers

More like...." Best Lineup for people who love handhelds and are tired of consoles in general"

We barely know anything about 2012 on consoles and i'm still more excited to play Bioshock Inifinite and Mass Effect Shoot3r than that entire list in the first post. Then there's FFXIII-2, Tomb Raider, Kingdoms of Amalur, Starhawk, if Asura's Wraith or Dragon's Dogma turn out good, Last Guardian...it's not even close for me.

Resident Evil Revelations is the only 3ds game i'm genuinely excited about in 2012 so far, maybe Luigi's Mansion 2 but the first game was just a really long tech demo with tons of charm and got boring INCREDIBLY fast, so i'm not that excited.

XeroSauce

Got my hopes up at Fire Emblem, but it probably won't get an NA release.

Pretty meh line-up, TBH, and I was excited for potential 3DS games. A man can only play Balloon Fighter for so long.

cacildo

Eh, it's strong, but I still think PS360 is much stronger, especially PS3 with exclusives like
Twisted Metal
Tales of Graces F
maybe Tales of Xillia too if Bamco doesn't take forever to localize it
Last Guardian
Ni No Kuni
Journey
Starhawk
Sly Raccoon 4: Thieves In Time
Final Fantasy Versus XIII (YES I'M TOO OPTIMISTIC)
(Jak & Daxter HD Collection)

in addition to an endless stream of multiplatform titles like
SSX
FFXIII-2
Soul Calibur V
The Darkness 2
Kingdoms of Amalur
Mass Effect 3
Street Fighter X Tekken
Bioshock Infinite
Anarchy Reigns
Grand Theft Auto V
Metal Gear Solid Rising
Prey 2
Risen 2
Tomb Raider
Borderlands 2
Assassin's Creed III
(DMC HD Collection)

and whatever I'm forgetting and what hasn't been announced yet. Not to even mention PSN & XBLA crap all over 3DS's digital service offerings-

I highlighted in bold the games i wanna play from that list.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Nintendo has updated the fact sheet for Luigi's Mansion 2.
Guess what's new in there

Category: Action/Adventure
Players: 1-2
Age rating: TBD
Publisher: Nintendo
Developer: Nintendo
Release date: TBD

Join Luigi, the lean, green ghost-catching machine in an eerie new 3D adventure!

Luigi is back on a mission to remove a bunch of stubborn ghosts from some super-spooky mansions in Luigi’s Mansion 2 for Nintendo 3DS. Armed with his trusty “Poltergust” ghost-grabbing vacuum cleaner, Mario’s brother takes centre stage to capture those pesky phantoms. Sure, Luigi’s the nervous type who’d rather be as far from these ghosts as he can get, but a reluctant hero can still save the day!

This hair-raising title is the first sequel to the 2002 Nintendo GameCube launch title, Luigi’s Mansion, and brings back all the thrills of the original with bags of new fun features too. The stereoscopic 3D visuals bring the murky mansions, ghastly ghosts and spooky surroundings to life, so you can experience all the haunting chills and supernatural fun the game has to offer.

This time around the ghosts are craftier than ever... Just shining a light on them won’t phase these phantoms; instead you’ll need to shock them with a strobe of light before you can begin to vacuum them up. Incorporating more puzzles than its GameCube predecessor, Luigi’s Mansion 2 will put your grey matter to the test. An array of different ghosts haunt the various mansions, so you’d best get geared-up to help poor scaredy-cat Luigi figure out how to defeat each one!

The old mansions hide secrets aplenty, but that’s just an invitation to exploration for a man armed with a very special vacuum cleaner! On top of hoovering up piles of leaves to reveal hidden hoards or sucking up stacks of cash, the Poltergust can gobble wallpaper and more to reveal secrets, unearth new areas and unveil treasure chests...

Join Luigi on a ghost-grabbing adventure in this spooky sequel to a GameCube classic
Stereoscopic 3D adds greater depth and atmosphere to the crumbling mansion surroundings
Use the Poltergust to uncover secrets, treasure, even new areas!
Figure out how to deal with a variety of ghastly ghosts and fiendish phantoms!
You can only appreciate the 3D effect of Nintendo 3DS on the system itself. All screenshots and game footage on this site are captured in 2D mode.

Javier

Huh? Luigi's Mansion 2 has 2-Player mode? Wonder if it's implemented into the main story mode or it's a separate multiplayer mode.

heyf00L

Nintendo should just repaint the thing, brand it as "Lite", and sell it so the millions of people "waiting for the Lite" will just buy it and shut up already.

qq more

I think he meant Nintendroids. This whole Xbot, Nintendroid, etc shit is really stupid by the way.

EDIT: LOL User33 why am I not shocked? But I gotta agree that it's silly to say the 3DS has the best lineup next year when said year hasn't even started yet. There's obviously still more games coming next year that are unannounced, as usual.

waicol

Banned
Eh, it's strong, but I still think PS360 is much stronger, especially PS3 with exclusives like
Twisted Metal
Tales of Graces F
maybe Tales of Xillia too if Bamco doesn't take forever to localize it
Last Guardian
Ni No Kuni
Journey
Starhawk
Sly Raccoon 4: Thieves In Time
Final Fantasy Versus XIII (YES I'M TOO OPTIMISTIC)
(Jak & Daxter HD Collection)

in addition to an endless stream of multiplatform titles like
SSX
FFXIII-2
Soul Calibur V
The Darkness 2
Kingdoms of Amalur
Mass Effect 3
Street Fighter X Tekken
Bioshock Infinite
Anarchy Reigns
Grand Theft Auto V
Metal Gear Solid Rising
Prey 2
Risen 2
Tomb Raider
Borderlands 2
Assassin's Creed III
(DMC HD Collection)

and whatever I'm forgetting and what hasn't been announced yet. Not to even mention PSN & XBLA crap all over 3DS's digital service offerings-
I highlighted in bold the games i wanna play from that list too.

Top Bottom