• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 8 Worst Meals (And 1 Dessert) In America For 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rookje

Cheech said:
The Cheesecake Factory has a dish called "Crispy Spicy Beef". I don't even want to know how bad that is for you, but it's incredibly delicious.
It's bad, but not on the top 10. But God yes, its delicious. I just wish they gave me more beef, less veggies I don't eat.

Sometimes Five Guys fries are real saggy oily pieces of crap, and sometimes they are crisp and awesome. They seem to be very inconsistent in their fry quality.

bionic77

Another reason why America is the greatest country in the world.

The number one cause of death in this great land is from eating too much. Think about that for a second. We have kicked hunger's ass in America so badly that we now have too much food to eat. Take that rest of the world!

The only way we can make things better is if the number one cause of death will be from eating too much and having too much sex. Once we get there we can change the name from America to Utopia.

bionic77 said:

The number one cause of death in this great land is from eating too much. Think about that for a second. We have kicked hunger's ass in America so badly that we now have too much food to eat. Take that rest of the world!

It's not really too much to eat, more of eating too much of horrible shit.

bionic77 said:

The only way we can make things better is if the number one cause of death will be from eating too much and having too much sex. Once we get there we can change the name from America to Utopia.
Utopia is millions of obese people accidentally suffocating each other during obese sex.

Korey

cory said:
I'm going to California next week, In-N-Out is my top priority.
Write this down because it's not on the menu:

Double-Double animal style, the combo is #1 animal style

I like to get it with no pickles/tomatoes but that's just me.

You can also get animal fries

I've had both 5 guys and in n out. I say 5 guys wins the battle, In N outs fries may be a bit better, but five guys fries cajun style are great.

Tenacious-V

Thinks his PR is better than yours.
I'm surprised the Luther isn't on that list.

2881354858_b7382a7889.jpg

luther-burger-together-copy.jpg

1.5 - 2lb beef patty, fried egg, cheese, bacon, between 2 krispy kreams....

Ceres

Banned
Tenacious-V said:
I'm surprised the Luther isn't on that list.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3215/2881354858_b7382a7889.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://www.blogcdn.com/www.urlesque.com/media/2008/11/luther-burger-together-copy.jpg[IMG]

1.5 - 2lb beef patty, fried egg, cheese, bacon, between 2 krispy kreams....[/QUOTE]

Is there any place that actually offers that on a menu?

You could probably throw in the Vortex Double Bypass Burger.

[url]http://www.thevortexbarandgrill.com/menus/WebMenu.pdf[/url]

Twice as big as the Coronary Bypass! Topped with two fried eggs, six slices of American cheese, and eight slices of bacon, all served between the two grilled cheese sandwiches that we use in place of the regular hamburger buns.

[IMG]http://i48.tinypic.com/2gw5me0.jpg

bionic77

BattleMonkey said:
It's not really too much to eat, more of eating too much of horrible shit.
Horrible according to who exactly? Scientists and doctors? Those are the same guys who tell us that we came from monkeys. No thanks.

Instead of my brain or other lesser organs I think I will continue to make all my decisions based on what my gut tells me. And your gut likes McDonalds fries better than some communist salad.

Aquavelvaman said:
Utopia is millions of obese people accidentally suffocating each other during obese sex.
That sounds a lot better to me than two malnourished people stabbing each other to death with their bones during sex.

Ryuukan

Ceres said:

http://www.thevortexbarandgrill.com/menus/WebMenu.pdf

Twice as big as the Coronary Bypass! Topped with two fried eggs, six slices of American cheese, and eight slices of bacon, all served between the two grilled cheese sandwiches that we use in place of the regular hamburger buns.

2gw5me0.jpg

It's like the onions, lettuce, and tomato were put in there against their will, you can see them crying.

Ceres

Banned
I'm not going to lie. I really want to try that (minus the egg). I'd have to go with like 7 other people to split it though.

I did have the chili burger there which was amazing.

mYm|17|

Ceres said:

http://www.thevortexbarandgrill.com/menus/WebMenu.pdf

2gw5me0.jpg

I had that when I was in Little Five Points a few weeks ago. Let's just say that I was full for the rest of the day. I doubt I will ever eat that again

Yes, it is a bitch to pick up and eat too

Yeah, the CSPI is bullshit

Fat is the least of your worries with those meals. The problem with these meals is not in the fat content. 500 calories of fat is what I consider good calories.

No disclosure of carbohydrates makes this article a joke

Ryuukan said:
I can't speak for him, but my taste buds hate it when I put gobs of peanut oil mush in my mouth.

Yeah, I don't get that. There's no way every 5 Guys is as consistent as the next so it's understandable if you feel that way getting peanut shit-gobs with your fries. Trust me, though, the fries are great at my local 5 Guys (although the first time I had them they were nothing special). Have you tried other 5 Guys?

hectorse said:
Yeah, the CSPI is bullshit

Fat is the least of your worries with those meals. The problem with these meals is not in the fat content. 500 calories of fat is what I consider good calories.

No disclosure of carbohydrates makes this article a joke

Real people eat carbs

Mudkips

Banned
9. Bob Evans' Cinnamon Cream Stacked & Stuffed Hotcakes
Forget the IHOP wannabe. This here's the real deal. This is how CSPI described it: "So he takes two pancakes and stuffs them with either good stuff (like blueberries or bananas) or garbage (like cinnamon chips made of sugar and oil). Then comes a layer of vanilla cream cheese (it’s more like cream than cheese) and a sugary topping (like cinnamon cream), with whipped topping as the coup de grease." And all that will set you back around 1,380 calories, 27 g of saturated plus 7g of trans fat, and 27 teaspoons of sugar.
Can you think of a better way to start your day?

Yeah. That, with a cherry on top of the whipped cream.
A cherry made of bacon

Clott

New Haven Sandstorm said:
No. Fuck no. What's wrong with your taste buds?

I never got the praise for the fries in five guys, it tastes like pure paper, the burgers on the other hand are great.

Binabik15

GAF, I need a link to the thread with the 2000 calories drinks/shakes. I´ve tried every possible search and even searched with site:www.neogaf.com and my username (I posted in it), but it won´t show up.

Halp.

Mudkips said:
9. Bob Evans' Cinnamon Cream Stacked & Stuffed Hotcakes
Forget the IHOP wannabe. This here's the real deal. This is how CSPI described it: "So he takes two pancakes and stuffs them with either good stuff (like blueberries or bananas) or garbage (like cinnamon chips made of sugar and oil). Then comes a layer of vanilla cream cheese (it’s more like cream than cheese) and a sugary topping (like cinnamon cream), with whipped topping as the coup de grease." And all that will set you back around 1,380 calories, 27 g of saturated plus 7g of trans fat, and 27 teaspoons of sugar.
Can you think of a better way to start your day?

Yeah. That, with a cherry on top of the whipped cream.
A cherry made of bacon
Bob Evans' breakfast is awesome. I've never had - nor do I care to try - their stuffed pancakes, but their blueberry and pecan pancakes are amazing. Fantastic omelets, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom