• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Most Harmful Drinks in America

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToxicAdam

6.jpg

#15. Sierra Nevada Bigfoot (1 bottle, 12 fl oz)

330 calories
0 g fat
32.1 g carbohydrates
9.6% alcohol

Carbohydrate Equivalent: 12-pack of Michelob Ultra

12.jpg

#9. Starbucks White Hot Chocolate with Whipped Cream (venti, 20 fl oz)

520 calories
16 g fat (11 g saturated)
75 g sugars

Sugar Equivalent: 9 Strawberry Rice Krispie Treats

14.jpg

#7. Traditional Red Lobster Lobsterita (24 fl oz)

890 calories
0 g fat
183 g carbohydrates

Carbohydrate Equivalent: 7 Almond Joy candy bars

17.jpg

#4. Così Double Oh! Arctic Mocha (gigante, 23 fl oz)

1,210 calories
19 g fat (10 g saturated)
240 g sugars

Sugar Equivalent: 41 Oreo Cookies

18.jpg

#3. McDonald’s Triple Thick Chocolate Shake (large, 32 fl oz)

1,160 calories
27 g fat (16 g saturated, 2 g trans)
168 g sugars

Sugar Equivalent: 13 McDonald’s Baked Hot Apple Pies

20.jpg

#1. Cold Stone PB&C (Gotta Have it Size)

2,010 calories
131 g fat (68 g saturated)
153 g sugars

Sugar Equivalent: 30 Chewy Chips Ahoy Cookie

Complete Top 20 Here

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
It'd actually mean something if they kept their sugar equivalent the same on each one rather than switching 'em all up to make the article extra spooky/preachy.

Poyunch

Mmm I've never had that White Hot Chocolate but that sounds really good. I'll just drink that and not eat for the rest of the day. :lol

AkuMifune

Banned
Man I could go for that Cold Stone milkshake and the cookies right now.

This is just nonsense by the way, analyzing pure calories over the actual content. How could that drink be worse for you than so much of the soda crap?

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Interesting list. Fortunately, I never get anything from the whole list. Some of the stuff does look good.

Chris R

I've had

19, 18, 17, 16, 14, and 3 (not that size though). Rockstars are damn good and basically the only thing on the list I might consume on a semi-regular basis.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heath_Bar_Shake Surprised to see this didn't make the list (unless they don't make it no more). The morning show I used to listen to had their third wheel go order one at 10AM and drink/eat the entire thing in under 5 minuets. He wasn't at work the next day :lol

cabottemp

Banned
as someone who is overweight and loves to eat:

fucking gross. all those pictures look disgusting.

give me soda and i'm set :)

Kronotech

That Cold Stone PB&C shake is really good. I could never finish the smallest one though so I can't imagine having a Gotta Have It size... dammit, just call it Extra Large.

Geek

Ninny Prancer
The most unappetizing thing on this list is the concept of drinking a 12-pack of Michelob Ultra.

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
KHarvey16 said:
You see, I'm the kind of person who just looks at this as justification for eating 30 cookies.

:lol

I was thinking the same thing.

"Hey, I could eat 20 cookies and still be better than these people."

But what if I just eat one of those Cold Stone PB&Cs and nothing else throughout the entire day? Then it wouldn't be harmful. It'd be just fine.

Ra\/en

Trent Strong said:
But what if I just eat one of those Cold Stone PB&Cs and nothing else throughout the entire day? Then it wouldn't be harmful. It'd be just fine.

you would also have to make sure not to eat any more saturated fat for a few days as well.:lol

Sugar Equivalent it says. So it's not calorie equivalent then? I realize the cookies/donuts mostly are sugar but the calorie count seems low on this for example.

18. Worst Energy Drink
Rockstar Energy Drink (1 can, 16 fl oz)

280 calories
0 g fat
62 g sugars

Sugar Equivalent: 6 Krispy Kreme Original Glazed Doughnuts

6 donuts for only 280 calories?

Or are the donuts really really small?

GhaleonEB

Fat people.

So, 65% of the United States.
Don't forget the people who aren't fat yet, but are working on it.

Bump that to 75%, at least.
PuppetSlave said:
Sugar Equivalent it says. So it's not calorie equivalent then? I realize the cookies/donuts mostly are sugar but the calorie count seems low on this for example.

6 donuts for only 280 calories?

Or are the donuts really really small?
They're only counting the sugar in the donuts, no the bread or fat. It's a deceptive comparison.

That's not even Bigfoot in those glasses; Bigfoot pours a red hue. It's always funny how in these lists Bigfoot shows up as the unhealthiest beer when:

a) You need to drink less than half the amount of Bigfoot as you do an american light lager for the same effect.
b) Bigfoot has roughly 20 times the flavor of your average american light lager beer.
c) There are definitely beers out there that have way more calories than Bigfoot, but brewing companies aren't required by law to share nutrition facts.

I love the Michelob Ultra comparison too. "Michelob's a craft brewery, right?" Christ.

Man it's like the industry is out to kill you here!
Just yesterday I had a choice between grapes (4 dollars/lbs -> around 8 dollars/kg) or 3 packs of Mission tortilla chips for $3 or 12 cans of siera mist for 3 dollars - wtf is wrong with your country guys? :(

Daigoro

HappyBivouac said:

That's not even bigfoot in those glasses; bigfoot pours a red hue. It's always funny how in these lists Bigfoot shows up as the unhealthiest beer when:

a) You need to drink less than half the amount of Bigfoot as you do an american light lager for the same effect.
b) Bigfoot has roughly 20 times the flavor of your average american light lager beer.
c) There are definitely beers out there that have way more calories than Bigfoot, but brewing companies aren't required by law to share nutrition facts.

thats probably supposed to be the Michelob mang.

"What a waste of bandwidth. These things are obviously indulgences. Milkshake high in calories, film at 11," was my first thought. Then I clicked the link and saw that a SoBe green tea has the same sugar as half a pie. Dumb as dirt comparison aside, holy shit.

Daigoro said:
thats probably supposed to be the Michelob mang.

Yeah I jumped the gun, now I see what they're doing with the photos. It's a mistake that's been made before though so I was quick to call them out on it.

Koomaster

BenThereGamer said:
Some of these look so good. Just get a smaller size! I wouldn't even enjoy drinking that much, alcoholic ones aside.
From the Coldstone one; "No regular shake at Cold Stone, no matter what the size, has fewer than 1,000 calories."

That right there is crazy. But man do I want some cookies now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom