• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Amazing Race Season 20 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Amazing Race - Tears of a Clown

As 11 Teams depart Santa Barbara, Calif. for Santa Barbara, Argentina, one team struggles to keep their nerves at bay on the 20th season premiere of THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, Feb. 19 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on CBS!

The Host

Phil Keoghan

iLmIW.jpg

Emmy Award-nominated host, Phil Keoghan, has experienced a life full of travel and adventure. He started traveling around the world at the age of two and has been globetrotting ever since. Serving as host and a producer of CBS’s multi Emmy Award-winning reality series, THE AMAZING RACE, Keoghan continues to travel at a pace few could match.

After surviving a near death experience at the age of 19, where he found himself lost at 120 feet inside a 22,000 ton ship wreck, Keoghan was prompted to write a list of things to do before he died. For more than 20 years, he has lived this, Life List, in front of a TV camera working in more than 100 countries as an actor, author, television host, producer, and cameraman.

Some of his adventures include having a five star meal on top of an erupting volcano; changing a light bulb on top of Verazano bridge; breaking an unofficial bungy jumping record with eight others; swimming from Asia to Europe across the Bosporus; and putting a golf ball across Scotland. Most recently, he rode his bike from Los Angeles to New York City to help raise awareness for the National MS Society. Keoghan filmed the grueling 3,500 mile adventure and turned it into a documentary film titled THE RIDE.

Phil’s challenging Life List evolved into his life philosophy and the title of his best selling book, No Opportunity Wasted, NOW, (Eight ways to create a list for the life you want). The book was later developed into an award winning television series produced in the US, Canada and New Zealand.

With a passion to help others get the most out of life, Keoghan is a regular motivational speaker at colleges and major corporations throughout North and South America, Asia, New Zealand and Australia.

Phil lives in Los Angeles, Calif. with his wife and daughter. His birthday is May 31

The Teams

Dave And Rachel
Relationship: Married

yyvFq.jpg

Mark And Bopper
Relationship: Best Friends

5xEqn.jpg

Nary And Jamie
Relationship: Friends

ctVr6.jpg

Brendon And Rachel
Relationship:Engaged

U4U9l.jpg

Joey And Danny
Relationship: Friends

ImerC.jpg

Misa And Maiya
Relationship: Sisters

TFVGc.jpg

Dave And Cherie
Relationship: Married

wtfjo.jpg

Elliot And Andrew
Relationship: Twins

GhslL.jpg

Kerri And Stacy
Relationship: Cousins

Zh1Er.jpg

Vanessa And Ralph
Relationship: Dating

16Y9L.jpg

Art And J.J
Relationship: Friends/Co-workers

e6yM5.jpg

Official Website:http://www.cbs.com/shows/amazing_race/
Premiere Preview: http://www.cbs.com/shows/amazing_race/video/2197964398/the-amazing-race-tears-of-a-clown

Not sure how many markets this applies to, but here in Minneapolis the premier is delayed by 20 minutes because the Northern Trust Open went to Sudden Death play.

Got pizza, got friends over -- we're ready for this.

Lets do this! Cant wait :D I'm predicting a Rachel breakdown lol

Bold prediction there. ;-)

DMeisterJ

Banned
It's on!

Ready for Brenchel since I don't know or care about the other contestants. Rachel should be fun to watch.

*no one comes between me and my million dollars*

I knew she'd say it!!!!

789shadow

Banned
I'm so happy to have put all that effort into a Season 20 Thread just to have another dude make one the day of premiere.

RS4-

Aww, was hoping to see more of them. She looks like my ex :(

Good to see TAR back. If there was a Canadian one, I'd sign up

Wickerman

1st - Rachel & Dave
2nd - Brenchel
3rd - Art & JJ
4th - Nary & Jamie
5th - Vanessa & Ralph
6th - Twins

I can't believe Misa & Maiya screwed up so badly. Horrible way to go out.

holy shet at the elimination lol. the jersey guys should have been gone.

vegas girls last season was just as bad.

hmm a few government pairs. should be interesting. brenden's comment regards to the border patrol. smh.

cant wait til next week.

Nezumi

I love this show. Not really sure yet who I'm gonna root for this season. It always takes a few legs to get to know the contestans. Would be fun to have those to Kentucky dudes around a bit longer, though I only understand like 20% of what they are saying (english is not my nativ language). Was a bit sad about the first elimination because I really wanted those guys to go and it was so frustrating to watch how the two girls messed it up at the last second.

UberTag

And we've had our first Rachel breakdown of the season.

Hoping Team Kentucky goes far. They're very entertaining.

I'm smelling a "keep on racing" leg that won't definitively end or some kind of non-elimination leg tonight. We'll see.

I'm smelling a "keep on racing" leg that won't definitively end or some kind of non-elimination leg tonight. We'll see.

Lol yeah. Surprised she didn't have a breakdown last week.

DMeisterJ

Banned

The Rachel Breakdown (TM) was amazing. I imagine plenty more of them, and hopefully they'll all be as good as this one. It's much easier to point and laugh at them because I have no vested interest in any of the teams unlike BB13.

Edit:

Next week we get Rachel Cattiness (TM).

UberTag

Easily one of the best detour task sets in a long while.
It's rare when both tasks are so trying to specific teams that they force swaps.

The roadblock is challenging tonight as well.
I'd pull a Boston Rob and just knock the entire table over and take the 2-hour penalty.
My balance sucks so it wouldn't even be worth the effort of struggling with that routine.

Incidentally, I think it's wild that Rob didn't win a reality series until his 6th try.

DMeisterJ

Banned
We had Rachel Cattiness this week, and next week, we'll get Brenchel fighting. Continually delivering entertainment at their own expense.

This week was really tough for the teams. Both of the tasks seemed to be doable by all of them, just that the time to do either was going to be ridiculously long.

Phil said that Dave and Rachel were the first team not to get eliminated after not finishing a task

But didn't Rob and Amber and a few other teams all take the penalty on that eating challenge and not get eliminated?

Whats the difference?

UberTag

Phil said that Dave and Rachel were the first team not to get eliminated after not finishing a task

But didn't Rob and Amber and a few other teams all take the penalty on that eating challenge and not get eliminated?

Whats the difference?
I'm not sure there is one. Seems like an inconsistency to me.
This may be the only instance of ONE team bailing on a challenge, taking the penalty and surviving... but there's certainly precedent for multiple teams doing it.

Phil's statement was poorly phrased: he meant they were the first team to not be eliminated after not completing ANY task. Rob and Amber completed a detour before bailing on the roadblock. People taking fast forwards have to do a task before the pit stop. But in this episode, they did not successfully complete any task they attempted.

Phil's statement was poorly phrased: he meant they were the first team to not be eliminated after not completing ANY task. Rob and Amber completed a detour before bailing on the roadblock. People taking fast forwards have to do a task before the pit stop. But in this episode, they did not successfully complete any task they attempted.

Oh makes sense

They were dumb to use the express pass so early

UberTag

Oh makes sense

The sad part is that they didn't even bother trying to string the harps.
They got there and saw some teams from the second flight and immediately pussed out.
Easily the worst use of an Express Pass ever. I hope they get eliminated next week.

Cipherr

Oh makes sense

I dunno, they were having a pretty shitty leg. Im not so sure they would have pulled it out. Its possible of course, but, I just, dont know.

I think they made a good decision, start the next leg in the middle of the pack for sure, instead of tempting fate and starting the next leg dead last. Not every leg of the race has a big enough bottleneck to bring all the teams together, as evidenced by the 8 person waiting list lucky break 4 teams got this leg.

The sad part is that they didn't even bother trying to string the harps.
They got there and saw some teams from the second flight and immediately pussed out.
Easily the worst use of an Express Pass ever. I hope they get eliminated next week.

Daaaaamn, yall harsh as hell lol. I easily want to see Vanessa and Ralph go before them. The chick is such an asshat.

Zalasta

I thought Dave and Rachel should've used the express on the Roadblock. Just because they lost the time advantage at the Detour it still put them on equal footing with 7 other teams, but they didn't even bother to try and still incurred a penalty later on.

Daaaaamn, yall harsh as hell lol. I easily want to see Vanessa and Ralph go before them. The chick is such an asshat.

What Vanessa called perserverance in the watermelon stacking challenge I saw it as stubborness. It nearly cost them the race.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom