• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Amazing Race Season 20 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

789shadow

Banned
Yeah the only time I think he stops saying that is once there are no more non-elimination legs left.

While I am happy they were saved and didn't give up I am thinking it is going to be like the agents where they are going to be so far back it will be pretty much impossible for them to get back in it.

Nah, at this point in the game, anything could happen.

Kifimbo

Branchel deserves some props. I don't want to say "respect", because Rachel is a crazy baby, but I'm surprised they made it this far. I know they were good at competitions on Big Brother, but they avoided big mistakes.

RangersFan

Branchel deserves some props. I don't want to say "respect", because Rachel is a crazy baby, but I'm surprised they made it this far. I know they were good at competitions on Big Brother, but they avoided big mistakes.

i have no problem with them whatsoever. I hated them on their first season of BB cause they were annoying yeah, but by their second BB I actually cheered for Rachel to win because the other left in the house were so undeserving of winning. Sure she is a baby, but I find the behavior of the other teams towards them more annoying. Like you are gonna fight with them just because she's annoying? I would say out of the teams remaining, and I can honestly say this is the first year where I don't have a rooting interest whatsoever (the teams are that meh) I would probably want BB or Rachel Dave to win.

isny

napkin dispenser
It seems they stopped taking all of the cash away from non elimination teams. I must have missed when they stopped doing that, was it recent? Or was it when they introduced Speed Bumps?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
It seems they stopped taking all of the cash away from non elimination teams. I must have missed when they stopped doing that, was it recent? Or was it when they introduced Speed Bumps?
They stopped doing it a while ago because the teams would beg locals for money.

Imagine how fucking awkward it was to big people in Senegal or wherever for money when the people make like dollars a day.

I dislike every team except Kentucky. And also the music/sound effects on this show have started to annoy me. For example they played the same sound effect 3 times of speeding vehicles.

I dislike every team except Kentucky. And also the music/sound effects on this show have started to annoy me. For example they played the same sound effect 3 times of speeding vehicles.
the Indian ' take me out to the ball game' was hilarious.
also 'Ride of the Valkyries' when the army helicopter pilot was driving.

I don't like Brenchel and never have and I wish they would get off my TV screen forever.

But there's no denying it, this is great TV.
KXzWs.gif

789shadow

Banned
four of the five cabbies may accidentally take certain teams to the correct destination. accidentally of course.

lol seriously? Don't be stupid and say that CBS planned that. Why would they intentionally boot their most popular team at that point?

789shadow

Banned
There is no way Rachel and Dave win the Race. They win EVERY FUCKING LEG.

Edit: Fuck. But they are fucking locks for the next All-Star edition.

And OMG at the finale. WHY THE FUCK WOULD THEY SPOIL THAT. HOLY SHIT.

RangersFan

vanessa is hot, but damn her attitude annoys the fuck out of me. even if rachel is that annoying why are you such a twunt to her.

Wish they didn't have that next time preview. Super embarrassing for whoever it is.

At this point I'm rooting for Rachel and Brendan. Never really watched Big Brother so I went in with a clean slate on these two. I would be okay with Rachel and Dave as well but I'm hoping Vanessa and Ralph / Art and JJ crash and burn and tie for 4th place.

Glad to know Kentucky is an automatic return for all stars. Multiple montages, great edit, it's a shoe in.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
I can't believe big brother team is still around. Why can't they just die? THE AMAZING RACE IS SUPPOSED TO BE FUN!!??

RangersFan

rob and amber already were on allstars and cowboys were already on "unfinished business" season which was pretty much an allstars season as well. why would they do another allstars so soon after unfinished business?

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
rob and amber already were on allstars and cowboys were already on "unfinished business" season which was pretty much an allstars season as well. why would they do another allstars so soon after unfinished business?

Perhaps because they were favored by CBS. I heard that they like them so I wouldn't be surprised if they were asked to go back to race once again.

Boston Rob and Amber, I seriously doubt it. They are done since they just had second children.

I don't mind

Kentucky Team
Cowboy Team
Brooke and Claire

yeah no chance of Rob and Amber though Rob's bus trick is still my favorite move from any season.

Cowboys were extremely popular, probably the most popular team in years with the general audience.

Michael & Kevin from 17 id like to see return.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
You know, what would be great is if they found a way to legally do a "global all-stars" edition with people from the Asia and Australia editions of the show that could simulcast in all international markets.

That's probably asking for a bit too much though.

You know, what would be great is if they found a way to legally do a "global all-stars" edition with people from the Asia and Australia editions of the show that could simulcast in all international markets.

That's probably asking for a bit too much though.
Couldn't see that working.
you couldn't have the crews from the different versions together. US version that season couldn't be sold in those territories. not to even mention the budget.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Couldn't see that working.
you couldn't have the crews from the different versions together. US version that season couldn't be sold in those territories. not to even mention the budget.
You don't need the crews or anything. You just need the contestants... and given that the Asia version has many American ex-pats on the show, someone somewhere has figured out how to handle the legalities of giving away prize money in more than one country (which is the big legal hangup and is why the Amazing Race US is limited strictly to Americans).

And trust me, they get The Amazing Race all over the place - it's why you can have Amazing Race China, Asia and Australia in the first place. Not to mention that all the spoilers come from people who live in those countries who have seen the racers/crews/pitstops/etc first hand.

The real problem is that it would only satisfy TAR nerds like me who go out of their way to seek out foreign editions of the show.

Awwww, he shaved his head for nothing :(

And lol @ rachel pointing out that she paid 500 dollars for extensions.........know how many extensions you could buy for 10,000 dollars?

Edit

TWENTY!

Really bummed that even with the Fast Forward, Kentucky couldn't squeeze in there. Those two are so likable and you can really tell they had the time of their lives.

The only team I'd truly hate to see win it all would be Big Brother. She's been a whiner from start to finish so it'd suck to see them win.

Kifimbo

Were they implying one team is gonna make a huge mistake ? Or was it just a 'let's not forget what can happen in this game' thing ?

isny

napkin dispenser
I can't believe big brother team is still around. Why can't they just die? THE AMAZING RACE IS SUPPOSED TO BE FUN!!??

And lol @ rachel pointing out that she paid 500 dollars for extensions.........know how many extensions you could buy for 10,000 dollars?

Not only that, but they would have been in first for the next leg, she's so freaking retarded. She was even thinking about it, saying that if he wanted her to do it that she would. I bet he was crazy mad at her once he found out about the 10k they lost...

In regards to the finale, Japan?!? Hell yeah! Has that ever happened though where a team didn't complete a task and then ends up losing the race?

Were they implying one team is gonna make a huge mistake ? Or was it just a 'let's not forget what can happen in this game' thing ?

I think it's implied a team ends up losing out on winning due to a huge mistake.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Finale night!

I'd be totally cool, and borderline happy with a Brenchel win. They're pretty good in a game where victory has nothing to do with social skills.

UberTag

I think Rachel's actually happy to have Dave squirming as they're temporarily stuck in 4th and left to ponder their fate.
The guy does NOT take losing well.

UberTag

Tough break for Vanessa & Ralph but it's not like anyone wants to see them in the final leg anyhow, so you can't feel all that terrible.
Props to Vanessa for gutting it out. Expect them to get booted regardless.

Wow, can't believe she finished that

That ankle must feel like absolute shit

I need to go to Japan one day

Rachel and Dave are OP nearing God-tier

UberTag

I so want Rachel & Dave to be the team to be the team that makes it to the red carpet in the next leg first (thinking they've set the overall record for race leg wins) only to be told they have not completed the roadblock.
And they then LOSE the race. That would be sweet.

RangersFan

Dave is such an asshole. Art and JJ annoy the fuck out of me and can be dicks at times. Vanessa and Ralph, Vanessa is hot but a bitch, Ralph is ok. Brendan and Rachel I have no problems with them, I watched BB both season they were on so i'm used to Rachel's annoying personality, I hope they win.

Damn I wish I was doing the sushi bingo, I eat so much sushi I could identify all the pieces by sight and also know their japanese names.

I too hope that Rachel and Dave are the team that gets to the finish line only to not have finished a task.

Edit: I also find it funny, in the last few seasons that they visit Asian countries, the racers have been less condescending to the locals when asking for directions in english then they have been in the past. In a lot of the older seasons they would ask non english speaking locals for help and speak slow condescending english to them as if they would suddenly understand. I wonder if the producers tell them not to, as I always found it cringe worthy whenever they would do that, gives them the ignorant american stereotype.

UberTag

Brenchel just screwed up. You'd think this leg would have been a good time to start reading their clues carefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom