• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Amazing Race Season 20 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Rachel and Brendon freaking out and threatening to quit the show takes me back to BB13. Except in this case, I don't have to hear it for hours on end, so it's just really funny to watch, rather than annoying.

Rachel and Brendon freaking out and threatening to quit the show takes me back to BB13. Except in this case, I don't have to hear it for hours on end, so it's just really funny to watch, rather than annoying.

Plus, this time the producers aren't changing the show mid-stream to keep them around.

UberTag

Brenchel crack me up. So much melodrama.
I'm hoping Kentucky is able to survive the week. Either by blazing through some statue cleaning or getting a non-elimination save.

Diablos

Holy shit... what is wrong with this woman? She breaks down every 5 minutes.
Brendon and Rachel are two awful human beings. Really disappointed that CBS asked them to go on another show.

She should just be happy that a. CBS rigged Big Brother just enough to allow her pathetic ass to win and b. They gave her a shot of winning another $1 mil on top of the $500k that was already handed to her on another CBS show.

edit: OF COURSE they survive...

LOL @ Phil's reaction. "Argghh, this crazy woman is going to stay..."

RS4-

That was really nice of Art and JJ; glad to see Kentucky still in it.

I can't wait for the day Big Brother gets eliminated.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
How anyone could stand to be around Rachel more than 5 minutes is beyond my fucking comprehension. And to bring a person with a personality like that to a competitive race is otherworldly in terms of rational thought.

That guy she's with is either a saint with the patience of Christ him self or a god damn masochist to put up with that bullshit and to even think about putting a ring on her. I'm leaning towards the latter...

Love mark and Bopper. I don't usually like competitors on these types of shows who are just there for the fun of it, but these guys are just way too likable. I don't see them getting much further but I hope they make it all the way.

Also, Vanessa is a bitch. You can tell she's one of those girls that rarely get's told to shut the fuck up because of how pretty she is. I'd want her to kick rocks just as much as Rachel and her handbag boyfriend, but since she's only been mean to them I'm willing to let her bitchiness slide.

RangersFan

this season is really boring to me. i dunno if it's because the format is beginning to get stale, i mean i have been watching this show since season 1 for over a decade now. or no stand out likable team imo, but something about this season has me keeping eps on my dvr longer and longer before i watch them.

Cipherr

this season is really boring to me. i dunno if it's because the format is beginning to get stale, i mean i have been watching this show since season 1 for over a decade now. or no stand out likable team imo, but something about this season has me keeping eps on my dvr longer and longer before i watch them.

Its the people and teams. Very terrible, annoying, and boring. Almost like some of them dont even exist. Noone stands out at all.

UberTag

I'm thinking tonight will be non-elimination due to the presence of the Fast Forward.

Dave seems to be trying his darnedest to subconsciously self-destruct his team with Rachel. I'm thinking the Jersey boys have this leg sealed.

EDIT: Looks like I spoke too soon. Rachel kicked some serious butt there. Still only two teams in the race have won legs.

rCIZZLE

Can't eliminate them until maximum drama over their real jobs is unveiled!

Decent episode even if that jumping challenge was wayyy too easy compared to the target shooting one.

isny

napkin dispenser
"This place is beautiful man, beautiful /spit gum out window"

Holy shit, that was...I don't even...

Also, that Federal Agent sleeping in the plane was hilarious, the look on her face!

Cat Party

I don't understand why they don't want to admit they're agents at this point. What possible advantage does it give them?

isny

napkin dispenser
I don't understand why they don't want to admit they're agents at this point. What possible advantage does it give them?

People may still underestimate them in tougher physical challenges. Any small advantage it still an advantage.

xptoxyz

"This place is beautiful man, beautiful /spit gum out window"

Holy shit, that was...I don't even...

Also, that Federal Agent sleeping in the plane was hilarious, the look on her face!

Also all those tiger herds.

iCV61DFjhwD10.gif

iRSizo4a51Fwa.gif

RangersFan

man this is one of my favorite shows but almost every episode this season has started late.

that has always been the case with amazing race. it always starts late in fall-winter because of football, and spring because of college basketball, and golf.

btw I not a fan of big brother team at all, I can't stand Rachel, but I feel bad how everyone is ganging up on them.

Zalasta

Who knows? They've been consistently terrible, finishing close to last. They have never really done well in challenges. Honestly, it is just silly because at this point, people know who their competitors are based on their performances, not their occupations.

Nezumi

Since I don't watch Big Brother, I don't know what the whole deal is with this Rachel and Brandon Team. Sure she is a bit excentric but all in all she is a whole lot more likeable than that Vanessa bitch. Sorry but everytime this woman opens her mouth I want to punch her really hard. I really enjoyed watching her being unable to ride a bike, my evilside hoped for her falling in something disgusting or so.

Cat Party

People may still underestimate them in tougher physical challenges. Any small advantage it still an advantage.

Yet they finished last because they couldn't get the tent up due to physical limitations. They passed up the chance to play mind games with the other teams, which was a mistake, I think.

Since I don't watch Big Brother, I don't know what the whole deal is with this Rachel and Brandon Team. Sure she is a bit excentric but all in all she is a whole lot more likeable than that Vanessa bitch. Sorry but everytime this woman opens her mouth I want to punch her really hard. I really enjoyed watching her being unable to ride a bike, my evilside hoped for her falling in something disgusting or so.

Funny, I have the opposite take on it. I lol'd when Vanessa dropped that "I am 38, and I still look younger than you" line on her.

UberTag

They're not even trying to pretend Nary and Jamie aren't getting eliminated tonight, are they?
Would have rather had them eliminated last week if this week was going to be entirely without suspense.

Hopefully they'll get sped through the sightseeing tour and Brendon & Rachel have to wait an eternity for water. (Unless they U-Turn Art & JJ.)

So that's where all those D.A.R.E. shirts went!

They're not even trying to pretend Nary and Jamie aren't getting eliminated tonight, are they?
Would have rather had them eliminated last week if this week was going to be entirely without suspense.

I think the editors gave up on the season.

UberTag

I think the editors gave up on the season.
Technically, they're ahead of Vanessa and Ralph and the water task clearly takes longer but Nary & Jamie are so terrible at almost everything... plus they have a speed bump... so I'm pretty sure they're toast.

WTF @ that Rachel drama queen throwing a hissy fit in front of African children........

She needs to get her emotions in check

that has always been the case with amazing race. it always starts late in fall-winter because of football, and spring because of college basketball, and golf.

btw I not a fan of big brother team at all, I can't stand Rachel, but I feel bad how everyone is ganging up on them.

It might just be that I DVR more on Sunday now but I don't ever remember it being this bad.(and I have watched every season) I think maybe 2 episodes started on time, and even worse it starts about 55minutes late.

caught up on the internet, can't believe im going for the country guys.

AniHawk

Clearly.

Three non-elimination legs? Hmm...

I don't mind it though, I like that they didn't give up, and they are both genuinely likable.

yeah they're the only guys in the race people can like.

all the other teams are assholes, but these two guys actually care about each other and are happy to be in the race.

i knew it would be non-elimination when i heard phil say 'may be eliminated' and then they spent so much time building up mark and bopper as losing the race and then showing the montage before they were officially counted out.

xptoxyz

yeah they're the only guys in the race people can like.

all the other teams are assholes, but these two guys actually care about each other and are happy to be in the race.

i knew it would be non-elimination when i heard phil say 'may be eliminated' and then they spent so much time building up mark and bopper as losing the race and then showing the montage before they were officially counted out.

I think nowadays he always says "may".

of course. there are 3 undetermined non elimination legs in each race. the producers will decide when to make a leg non elimination depending on who they want to save definitely.

There were also my thoughts, not that some may or not be pre-decided sometimes. But it makes sense to try and keep the audience engaged.

Spinoff90

I think nowadays he always says "may".

Yeah the only time I think he stops saying that is once there are no more non-elimination legs left.

While I am happy they were saved and didn't give up I am thinking it is going to be like the agents where they are going to be so far back it will be pretty much impossible for them to get back in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom