• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Americans - S4 of the KGB spy drama - Keri Russell & Matthew Rhys - Wed on FX

Henry is the hidden gem of this show. Everything about him is great. His love for eddie murphy and milfs is appreciated.

Also like good guy Beeman there.

jerry113

Banned
I think it's bold how each episode has scenes that take place entirely in russian. it must be like 40% of the show. they could've easily had the soviet characters speak english in russian accents instead but they went for broke.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I wonder why Dylan Baker's character is doing all of this. I don't recall much context being given last episode. Does he believe in the Soviet cause? Or did this start reluctantly? I'm curious about his angle on the potential use of biological weapons. Does he see himself as providing something for the Soviets to ultimately use, or is it just about keeping up with the arms race? Obviously he has no interest in stepping out and getting into the level four labs.

I can't wait to see what Henry's doing with the computer.

I think it's bold how each episode has scenes that take place entirely in russian. it must be like 40% of the show. they could've easily had the soviet characters speak english in russian accents instead but they went for broke.
Thankfully FX is cool with that. The Bridge also featured extensive use of subtitled Spanish when appropriate, rather than finding excuses for everyone to speak English.

I wonder why Dylan Baker's character is doing all of this.

He seems to be like his character on The Good Wife who does stuff just for the thrill of it.
At some point making diseases that can wipe out thousands gets stale and he just needed to make things exciting.

Another great episode. The conversation about Est between Philip and Elizabeth was intense. I was like "is she going to flip out on him?" ... and Rhys did such an amazing job with that, because he sounded reluctant, and he put more distance between them while he was talking, almost as if he wanted to make sure he could defend himself.

The Pastor Tim stuff is good... the bus scene was amazing. No one wants to have this biological weapon in their possession.

Then Henry. Does anyone else get the feeling that these Henry/Stan bromance scenes aren't just filler? I get the feeling that with all the shit going on, the focus on Paige and Pastor Tim, that it's going to be something seemingly innocuous that Henry sees and shares with Stan that blows the cover on them. Just my guess though.

The Doc

Banned
can't see how nina's letter wouldn't have been noticed. maybe she wanted to be caught due to guilt over how she was achieving her release. In board terms , the more i look into this character's ambiguity , the more a tragic ending comes to mind.

Woah, this is going to be good. Thanks for the link.
Yeah, I'm looking forward to it. Note that this is the podcast for this week from the usual crew.
In this installment on Episode 402, “Pastor Tim,” a former KGB secret agent, Jack Barsky, stops by to compare his own experiences as a spy with those of Phillip and Elizabeth, from recruitment and training, to having two different families while living next door to the FBI.

Saty

Mindlog

That's another little note in the back of my head when I'm watching this show. Philip Jennings is a sick murderer, but they do a really good job playing with my reactions to him. Hard not to contrast him with Walter White who was a much more selfish villain.
I had a good laugh at the lengths they went to get the pilot correct, but then realized how many those details they forgot to actually point out. Fascinating podcast.

If you like the show listen to the podcast.

TripOpt55

Another great episode. The bus scene, the one with Paige and Elizabeth as well as the first and last with Phil/Elizabeth all excellent.

Top Bottom