• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Americans - S4 of the KGB spy drama - Keri Russell & Matthew Rhys - Wed on FX

Mifune

Mehmber
The editing of that bus scene was incredible. The shot selection, pacing, and of course use of music was masterful.

I had a good laugh at the lengths they went to get the pilot correct, but then realized how many those details they forgot to actually point out. Fascinating podcast.

If you like the show listen to the podcast.
I listened to the podcast for the first time this week, and I really enjoyed it. The episode was concise, and the stories from the former KGB illegal were great. It was pretty funny when he talked about his conversation with his wife and then told them they couldn't use it on the show. :p Highly recommended.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Bus scene was intense. These first two episodes just have this air of impending doom, it really feels like things are starting to crumble apart.

Henry is a grown ass man out of nowhere haha. But I really enjoyed the scene between him and Stan, felt very real.

Another stellar episode. I'm relieved that this show hasn't lost its touch.

Sober

Henry suddenly being like basically almost an adult is ridiculous. But still love it when he and Stan are in the same scene.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
All caught up.

I thought for a moment they had recast Henry. I took the longest of the pauses before realising that wasn't the case.

That's another little note in the back of my head when I'm watching this show. Philip Jennings is a sick murderer, but they do a really good job playing with my reactions to him. Hard not to contrast him with Walter White who was a much more selfish villain.
I had a good laugh at the lengths they went to get the pilot correct, but then realized how many those details they forgot to actually point out. Fascinating podcast.

If you like the show listen to the podcast.
Phillip is definitely a murderer but he is obviously sickened with himself so it makes it easier to root for him as an audience. With each passing episode you can see his soul exiting his body more and more. Not sure what or when his breaking is but it's going to be ugly.

JackDT

I listened to the podcast for the first time this week, and I really enjoyed it. The episode was concise, and the stories from the former KGB illegal were great. It was pretty funny when he talked about his conversation with his wife and then told them they couldn't use it on the show. :p Highly recommended.

Oh wow, crazy that they actually had a KGB agent on commenting the episode, lol.

It was this one to be specific for anyone else who was confused: http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat...mericans_compares_to_his_own_experiences.html

New episode tonight:
Experimental Prototype City of Tomorrow

Paige copes with new burdens that come with her family's secret - as Philip and Elizabeth struggle to contain their cover without destroying their daughter.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
The only thing that isn't doing a whole lot for me so far is the Nina subplot, I have to admit.

IronRinn

This whole bio weapon effort has gone...poorly.

The only thing that isn't doing a whole lot for me so far is the Nina subplot, I have to admit.
They've done a poor job integrating her plot line into the whole. Kind of feels like they kept the character on past her natural lifespan. We'll see.

jerry113

Banned
i dont understand why liz is still going out on missions WHEN THEIR COVER IS BLOWN

edit: they were so fortunate to have chosen such a strong actress to play Paige

Henry rockin Gorf on the C64, sweet!

I've thought her character was useless once they wrapped up her first story with Stan. Don't really understand why they've kept her on the show. Her stuff just drags and, for all intents and purposes, has been useless. But the main story with Liz and Phil is terrific.

Any reason why this week's episode is way, way shorter than the past 2 weeks? Nearly 8 minutes less.

I'm kinda the opposite on the rest of you, I find the peek at life inside the Soviet Union via Nina totally fascinating, much more so than Philip and Elizabeth's insane shenanigans trying to keep their secrets from everyone. 45 minutes a week of just that would be boring, but I am hoping for a good payoff.

Disgraced

I really liked the opening reverse angle of Philip and Martha in bed. With the back of Martha's head so out of focus it was unclear if it was her or Liz, so in other words, it was a really simple, subtle, and sharp way to illustrate the blur of Phil's perspective.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Oh man, that was a good one. Phillip and Elizabeth (and the scientist) will obviously be fine, but I wonder if this is the end for Gabriel?
bring back Claudia full time pls

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Man, if that plan to take out Pastor Tim and Alice is already in motion... this is going to be real hard for Philip and Elizabeth to keep Paige on their side.

IronRinn

i dont understand why liz is still going out on missions WHEN THEIR COVER IS BLOWN

edit: they were so fortunate to have chosen such a strong actress to play Paige
Yeah, they hit the jackpot with Holly Taylor.

Man, if that plan to take out Pastor Tim and Alice is already in motion... this is going to be real hard for Philip and Elizabeth to keep Paige on their side.
For real.

I have to say more and more on this show I keep screaming in my brain "Why, why isn't anyone listening to Philip? Just shut up and listen to Philip! This is all going very bad!

Top Bottom