• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The animation style change in Batman The Animated Series sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forkball

Not surprising given that the average episode of Batman cost $150,000-$200,000 more than X-Men or Spider-Man.

It shows. The art style lends itself to being better animated anyways. At the time the Marvel cartoons were pretty awe-inspiring in their detail. I mean they really looked like comic books on TV. But man they have not aged well visually except in screen grabs.

Also I found the flashback in TAS with Batman's bat only logo.

tumblr_m0t0ybKeDj1r5a7i5.jpg

From Robin's Reckoning part II. Not a good shot though. I remember there was a scene where he jumped on a car and the lighting was really incredible and it showed off the bat logo more, but I can't even find the clip on Youtube.

The animation in S1 is... questionable, to say the least. You never know if you're going to get something with great animation or awful animation from episode to episode.

It was inconsistent. It all depended on which animation studio the production was outsourced to. The episodes done at Sunrise or TMS generally looked amazing. While the episodes done at AKOM were often very sloppy.

It might not be as great but it definitely does not "suck". Bruce Timm was dealt a budget cut and still produced animation that towered above the competition.

BY2K

Membero Americo
The Scarecrow redesign balanced out everything they did wrong with the Joker redesign.

Holy SHIT, he was kickass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom