• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Anime Expo 2015 thread of 100,000 people taking over LA

Status
Not open for further replies.
omggg my friend wants 7 nendos and a figure from GSC booth for her.
I have a premier pass so there is a sizable chance I get most of them...but thats a lot of money.

I plan to balla it up this year, just cause. Buying anything that is reasonably price and good. Artist alley timeeeeee

Wanderer5

I be there Day 1-3, rocking as Team Rocket Grunt one more time probably.

Not excatly sure what to check out yet showings/events wise, but I be getting at least 1-2 figure (most likely a nendoroid :p) and checking out the Nendoroid exhibit. I probably check out the GSC panel then.

I would go to AX but it's too chaotic and packed. I'm going to Anime California in Anaheim instead, much easier to walk around.

I would to go to one of the after parties at AX though, heard they get mad fun.

I had a good experience last year, though I really underestimated the crowd going in.
EDIT: Then again, it was my first time attending.

I'm heading there Saturday and Sunday this year. For Saturday, I hope to check out the LWA2 panel as well as the DBZ (Resurrection of F) one.

The rest of the time, I want to see the Exhibit Hall.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
I had a good experience last year, though I really underestimated the crowd going in.

I'm heading there Saturday and Sunday this year. For Saturday, I hope to check out the LWA2 panel as well as the DBZ (Resurrection of F) one.

The rest of the time, I want to see the Exhibit Hall.

To be fair, I think everyone completely underestimated how big Anime Expo has grown over the years.

For a good 6 year period from 2006 to 2012, the con was stuck between 44,000 and 49,000 unique attendees. The only people who saw it coming was the former Anime Expo executives who now work in San Diego Comic Con, because I distinctly remember in the 20th anniversary panel that he said "Anime Expo will hit 100,000 in several years, quote me on it." While the rest of the panel laughed at the thought, because most people thought Anime Expo would be in the 40k-ish number forever.

To be fair, I think everyone completely underestimated how big Anime Expo has grown over the years.

For a good 6 year period from 2006 to 2012, the con was stuck between 44,000 and 49,000 unique attendees. The only people who saw it coming was the former Anime Expo executives who now work in San Diego Comic Con, because I distinctly remember in the 20th anniversary panel that he said "Anime Expo will hit 100,000 in several years, quote me on it." While the rest of the panel laughed at the thought, because most people thought Anime Expo would be in the 40k-ish number forever.

At least SPJA/AX managed to add some of the old halls this year to help spread out some of the events and disperse attendees from concentrating on one area. Can't wait to see how they managed to organize events and such next week....

Ight GAF fam, who wants to hook me up with both Mako nendos from the GSC booth? I dont have a premier pass this year ;_;

I'll be there Friday and Saturday with cash in hand

Hey anime people, I probably have to go to the office on both Saturday and Sunday that week, so please hang out around 7th and Fig so I have some interesting people watching to do if I wander outside the office for lunch.

Hcoregamer00

At least SPJA/AX managed to add some of the old halls this year to help spread out some of the events and disperse attendees from concentrating on one area. Can't wait to see how they managed to organize events and such next week....

Yeah, hopefully having Main Events happening in Microsoft theater, and offloading some programming rooms to JW Marriott, plus Kentia Hall can spread the attendees out more.

I want to go but none of my friends wants to go. :(

I have the opposite problem, I want to stop going to Anime Expo and start focusing on smaller cons like Otakon Vegas, Anime Los Angeles, and Pacific Media Expo, but too many of my friends do AX and AX only, not the smaller conventions :/

Will be at AX all four days...working.

As for not getting sick, the fool-proof way of avoiding the AX Plague is drink lots of water and shower in hand sanitizer.

...Don't pray for me, I'm already dead.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
Wish I could go this year. Considered signing up for the artist's alley, but I figured there would be a good chance I wouldn't be able to make it.

It's a pretty good time though. The crowd is wild.

Hcoregamer00

Wish I could go this year. Considered signing up for the artist's alley, but I figured there would be a good chance I wouldn't be able to make it.

It's a pretty good time though. The crowd is wild.

Anime Expo's Artist alley sells out super fast.

I believe last year, they sold out of artist alley tables for 2015 on a Day 4 of Anime Expo.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
Anime Expo's Artist alley sells out super fast.

I believe last year, they sold out of artist alley tables for 2015 on a Day 4 of Anime Expo.

Yeah, that's what I meant. Last year while attending I was about to stand in line but then bailed out. But that's crazy though, I hear people make some good money at the artist alley there.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Pretty lackluster guests this year.

The problem is room-mates. I need someone to split the cost.
Have you tried looking into room sharing? Usually people will take you in for like $20-30 a night. Me and some friends did that our first year and it was pretty cool. Met some nice people.

I'd offer you a spot in our hotel, but all ready going 7 strong. :p

Think of all the streetpasses! <3

Honestly anime conventions are like the best place to stock up on street passes actually. You'll hit max without knowing. It's actually a constant game to see how long you can go without getting max street passes in an hour really.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
If anyone has a spare room to me me crash/split lmk.
Rather not kill myself with traffic and parking.

I want to go but none of my friends wants to go. :(

I'm in the same boat. Thinking about going solo...but haven't decided. :(

Just go solo, I mean there are tons of things to do, play games, watch anime, shop at the booths and artist alley, go to panels.

I'm going solo for the most part.

Been going solo for a while now.

At worst, you'll be spending a lot of time at the gaming area playing 3DS games with other people. But going solo gives you the opportunity to just wander around, meet new people, and get some different perspectives and experiences. Most of my more memorable experiences at AX was when I sat down with complete strangers and talked about the most random shit possible.

Never been to one of those after parties though. I'd like to get into one just to see how it's like.

AX announcement incoming.....

The Muv-Luv visual novel series will be receiving an English Kickstarter this August/September! More details to be revealed during AX!!

Muv-Luv-Kickstarter-Plans.jpg

http://gematsu.com/2015/06/degica-kickstarting-muv-luv-muv-luv-alternative-localization-this-summer

cajunator

Banned
I would love to attend this one day. I love being around thousands of people. Theres a certain fun supersocial quality about it.

Hcoregamer00

Honestly anime conventions are like the best place to stock up on street passes actually. You'll hit max without knowing. It's actually a constant game to see how long you can go without getting max street passes in an hour really.

Anime Expo, even when it was "small" at 45,000 attendees was one of the best conventions for streetpasses. It got to the point where you would max out streepasses so fast that once I hit 300-400 steetpasses I just said, "screw it" and just ignored my 3DS.

cuilan

I'll be there for all 4 days. I just plan on partying with friends (most important reason to go), doing some cosplay, helping out with a friend's panel, and maybe check out a few other panels. Hopefully their registration system doesn't crash again.

Feep

Banned
Be sure to support fellow GAF member Ravidrath and head to Lab Zero's panel on Thursday! I will probably be there and I will definitely high five you.

Wanderer5

I finally saw little witch academia, and now I want to see the second one at AX lol. I probably have to cut short with the pokemon cosplay gathering then grrrrrr.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom