• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Anime Expo 2015 thread of 100,000 people taking over LA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldnt be linecon without a line to get into the convention center ~_~

Heads up, secruity isnt allowing outside food and water in your bag.

They dont check throughly though lol
If you managed to get in via the autograph line or the exhibit hall line you don't go through any bag checks btw. Our maybe you can get lucky; I went through two bag checks and nobody cared that I brought chips and drinks.

Managed to get the FSN staff autographs! Now my day is made.

Yea I asked a few people that went through bag check and they said they went though fine. So idk. Maybe some people got one of those "try hard" guards.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Sentai Filmworks announcing the licensing of Legend of the Galactic Heroes is kindof a big deal.

(((o(*゚▽゚*)o)))

HOLY CRAP, it is like Game of Thrones before game of thrones existed. Easily one if the greatest anime ever made (Which SHOULD get a remake)

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Think we are done for the day, heading to the Echo to see Mitski tonight. I was pleased that LP1 is so damn big, I'm not as concerned I will miss LWA2 tomorrow!

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Sentai Filmworks announcing the licensing of Legend of the Galactic Heroes is kindof a big deal.
song_siren3.gif

Holy shit. I talked to a publisher about this before and he said the costs were incredibly sky high, wonder if things changed.
*Somehow I feel maybe it was because Sentai was cheap and the TL won't be very good, help im crumbling

Clov

It is! It's pretty exciting. I wonder how they'll release it? As far as I know, the Japanese BDs are upscaled except for the movies.

song_siren3.gif

Holy shit. I talked to a publisher about this before and he said the costs were incredibly sky high, wonder if things changed.
*Somehow I feel maybe it was because Sentai was cheap and the TL won't be very good, help im crumbling
This calculation probably included dubbing, which this release most likely will not include.

Day 1 done.

Got into none of the panels I was aiming for though. That line for the Bamco panel was crazy line. Should have just said it was filled if they saw it was that long, geez

Bought way too much stuff from koei tecmo, mangagamer, gsc and other places lol

So tired now though

JKTrix

Shout out to InsaneZero, shared a take with him in the food court and saw him browsing GAF. Enjoy the concert!

CodeNfX

Security checked my bag and saw my gatorade, he just told me "I'm suppose to take away your drink but I'll pretend I didn't see it" and lets me through. Good smiles company booth was insane, line went all the way to the back. Pretty packed for day 1, tomorrow and Saturday will be crowded for sure.

JKTrix

I had a bottle of water I just paid $4 for and they took it :(
Very exciting concert. A lot of their Japanese fans were there, leading the chants and glow stick motions.

Security checked my bag and saw my gatorade, he just told me "I'm suppose to take away your drink but I'll pretend I didn't see it" and lets me through. Good smiles company booth was insane, line went all the way to the back. Pretty packed for day 1, tomorrow and Saturday will be crowded for sure.

Saturday will be insane. I was surprised by how much more crowded it was this year in the exhibit hall for Thursday than it was last year. Hell I needed to get in line to get into the Kinokuniya booth and I've never had to do that in any previous year.

The bad today though was waiting 3+ hours in the ticket line for the FSN panel on Saturday. I'm just thankful they had canopy tents set up.

Saturday will be insane. I was surprised by how much more crowded it was this year in the exhibit hall for Thursday than it was last year. Hell I needed to get in line to get into the Kinokuniya booth and I've never had to do that in any previous year.

The bad today though was waiting 3+ hours in the ticket line for the FSN panel on Saturday. I'm just thankful they had canopy tents set up.

Some of the lines for booths were crazy

Sure GSC would always have one

And I assume everyone wants the P5 bag, that the line for Atlus actually closed like in mid afternoon

Yeah, I thought it was crazy Kino had a long line too

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Somehow managed to get through the GSC line in less than 10 minutes this morning. Atlus took 30 or so. Just got done walking the entire expo hall, my feet are killing me. Gonna have to take the loot back to the hotel soon to be ready to line up for LWA2. Then it's dinner before our panel tonight. Busy ass day.

Shout out to InsaneZero, shared a take with him in the food court and saw him browsing GAF. Enjoy the concert!
Hey! It was nice meeting you too!

Also met another gaffer during the Aksys panel (not feep), but completely forgot the name during the ZE3 frenzy. Shout out to you too!

zeemumu

I had fun during my one day yesterday. Went to the Skullgirls panel. Sucks that I was only going for one day because I didn't get the chance to find the Lab Zero booth.

OceanBlue

In line for LWA2. Apparently they aren't going to clear out the people at the panel before us (the Funimation panel). I feel like I won't get in despite waiting two hours. :(

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
In line for LWA2. Apparently they aren't going to clear out the people at the panel before us (the Funimation panel). I feel like I won't get in despite waiting two hours. :(
This would explain why it was capped 30 minutes beforehand... Fuck.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
The room seemed completely full. I wouldn't be surprised if people in line didn't get in either...
We were planning on going to Funimation and then not leave, but the guide said they'd clear the hall for "special events" which I guess I assumed the movie would be. I'm pretty sad I didn't get to go. It was the one thing I wanted to go to the most.

JKTrix

Hey! It was nice meeting you too!

Also met another gaffer during the Aksys panel (not feep), but completely forgot the name during the ZE3 frenzy. Shout out to you too!

At one point the panelist mentioned the Gundam fighting game. I am the lone, deep voiced person that cheered.

I didn't plan on going to that localization panel previously, but now I am...

zugzug

So according to my Galaxy S4 I walked 22,129 steps today for 11.4 miles my feet are killing me and my back creaks when I get up off this bed now gonna watch jimmy kimmel then sleeping hopefully. I was not very smart that at 9 pm I walked 2.4 miles from convention center to my hotel just to save the 20 or 30 parking fee. As I left for the con I saw two guys going so I asked for a ride they were cool

I was going to stay at con until like midnight or 1:30 am but around 9:15 the panel ladies guide to hentai was full when I got the end of the line 218 people in line for a 250 person max then this guy saw I did not have the 18+ tag on my wrist so I just called it a night walked back man walking back was so painful #complete regret on that idea after the ladies hentai panel funimation was gonna do their each jiggly panel and then some other hentai panel then the ghost in the Shell 3 episodes which I haven't seen so that woulda been cool but way to late in night glad I bailed and trekked back to hotel.

Just not sure where to watch fireworks to or row night or skip thme and do more panels

Oh yeah that NIS America game panel was terrible mistake going to that

Tablo

First Anime Expo, so far it has been awesome! It's like physical manifestation of anime/internet culture :D Yoko Kanno panel day 1 was great, kpop dance competition was hype af, people seem chill, there is a boba truck.
good times, tomorrow AMV showcase B)

Second day in a row I didnt get into any of the panels I wanted. Seems silly all the ones are in the smallest rooms possible.

Hopefully I'll get in Danganronpa's tomorrow.

At least I managed to get my copy of Another Episode signed.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Our panel went pretty well, I'm so glad it's over, though. Just got back to the hotel and had a drink, now it's time for sleep so I can be up and ready for the Inafune panel tomorrow. I'll be wearing a really dumb shirt.

Crap! I didn't realize the actual LWA2 thing I wanted to go to was yesterday, and the one I'm in right now is a Q&A panel. I guess I'll look around elsewhere and get ready for the DBZ panel later.

Doesn't look like much is happening tomorrow so I'll spend most of the day at the exhibit hall.

Anyone going to the IA concert in an hour? I'll be there in the GA Pit, about to go wait for it now since it's first come first serve for pit spots.

My wife and I are repping our Animal Crossing love by doing Reese and Cyrus cosplay today. If you see us tell us you're from GAF and say hi!

r0T9WRg.jpg

Not even an hour before the DBZ panel, and the line is already capped.
I'm currently in a 'standby' line, and a few people there and the main line are leaving for some reason or other. So I among others still have a bit of a chance.

EDIT: Holy crap! There are more than enough seats, but it looks like they're filling fast. Glad I got in.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Not even an hour before the DBZ panel, and the line is already capped.
I'm currently in a 'standby' line, and a few people there and the main line are leaving for some reason or other. So I among others still have a bit of a chance.
People are camping because AX isn't clearing people out of room. If you want to see a panel arrive an hour early and sit in and wait.
sleeping.gif

At one point the panelist mentioned the Gundam fighting game. I am the lone, deep voiced person that cheered.

I didn't plan on going to that localization panel previously, but now I am...
Whoops, didn't see this post or else I would've said hello.

Just passed by Kodaka right now in the West Hall. Guy completely fits in as a congoer.

zugzug

Heh show up 1 hour early to line up for crunchyroll panel line won't start forming until 30 mins before panel I cannot win with these panels

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Deciding if I should walk back to try to get into the Cosplay Wrestling panel or what. Feet hurt and I will be so fucked off if/when I'm turned away, but still... it's Cosplay Wrestling.

Rarutos

Just got back from Anime Expo. The most expensive one I've been to so far. Probably because I actually went three days, lol.

Thanks dakku for being my partner in crime~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom