• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Answer is Always "Platinum Games"

PG are only really suited for a certain type of games. I would never want them to make a new Uncharted game for example.

Or would I...

I wasn't too thrilled at the addition of stealth to their formula in MGR, so I'd prefer they stay closer to the action end of the spectrum, particularly of the melee variety. Though, I wonder if they're gonna make another shooter.

Or they could prove me entirely wrong and make whatever they want and make it function properly. It could happen.

Nemesis_

Hoooooo I hope so....I need that game in my blood.

We all do ;_;

ibrWr6BJWuDd35.gif

Truly iconic.

I am interested to see if they make another Rising though. I know they are proud of what they put out, but I just feel like they really wanted to show the world what they could've done proper if they had a full, less aneamic development cycle for the project.

Cartman86

Banned
I don't know. They are like any of the mid to high tear devs. On average they are solid, but they have some stinkers. The only dev I feel could do no wrong in making a great game is Valve. And that is because they have infinite money and time. I loved Vanquish, thought MadWorld was interesting, Metal Gear Rising was solid but flawed, and Bayonetta was just not my cup of tea. Then you have Anarchy Reigns... But yeah your point remains that on GAF at least lots of people trust them with most games.

VXLbeast

I'm trying to figure out what the OP is asking still, but just to cover my bases I'm gonna throw it out there that I like Platinum Games a whole darn lot.
But I'm not blind. Infinite Space is not good, as much as I wanted it to be.

Hiltz

you see, this is where I say thatwe need more games that don't treat their stories like they're super deep artsy fartsy bullshit, and embrace the goodness of camp.

I've only played MadWorld, but I couldn't help but roll my eyes as the plot was unraveling, and some of the dialogue combined with Steven Blum's voice acting just made Jack Cayman sound like a smug bastard. With that said, the announcer commentary was pretty amusing.

B.O.O.M

One of the best studios when it comes to action genre and gameplay in it = Platinum

Sub par environments, story, dialogues, presentation, sales = Platinum

Not too crazy about the soundtracks or NPC either

We all do ;_;

ibrWr6BJWuDd35.gif

Truly iconic.

I am interested to see if they make another Rising though. I know they are proud of what they put out, but I just feel like they really wanted to show the world what they could've done proper if they had a full, less aneamic development cycle for the project.
Dat Wii U grafix

ZoddGutts

One of the best studios when it comes to action genre and gameplay in it = Platinum

Sub par environments, story, dialogues, presentation, sales = Platinum

Not too crazy about the soundtracks or NPC either

Time to have Platinum and Obsidian make a game together. Obsidian for the story and characters, Platinum for the gameplay. Best game ever!
Game will still underperform sales wise.

you see, this is where I say thatwe need more games that don't treat their stories like they're super deep artsy fartsy bullshit, and embrace the goodness of camp.

Except that most games still are campy. :/ The ones that are "super deep artsy fartsy bullshit* are still in the vast minority.

B.O.O.M

Time to have Platinum and Obsidian make a game together. Obsidian for the story and characters, Platinum for the gameplay. Best game ever!
Game will still underperform sales wise.

Haha great idea!

Actually yeah I would like to see more studios colab on projects. And I mean on NEW ips. Not just combining two franchises just for the heck of it.

DocSeuss

Every time there a thread asking for the developer or game with the best this or the best that, it seems the answer is always Platinum Games. It hardly seems fair to anybody else.

So instead of creating another thread with a single topic where the answer will be "Platinum Games", it is instead time to create a thread where we already know the answer is Platinum Games, we just have to come up with the questions.

Best Boss Battles? Platinum Games

Best Studio To License Out Your Franchise To? Platinum Games.

Best Hip Hop Soundtracks? Platinum Games.

Japanese developer most likely to create a game in a traditionally Western genre and beat them on their home turf? Platinum Games.

Best Developer for Making You Feel Like a Total Badass? Platinum Games.

Each and every one of these are wrong.

They might be your favorite or whatevs, but, y'know, opinions and things.

I must be the only one who doesn't like anything done by Platinum Games. I guess I just don't like tacky teen fantasies on my games.

Zen

Banned
Yeah no. Not that they aren't good, but they're also bar none the most over-rated developer by their fanbase. They tend to blindly think that Platinum would be the best developer to handle almost anything and are completely blind to their failings. It's rather annoying.

We all do ;_;

ibrWr6BJWuDd35.gif

Truly iconic.

Oh for sure. I've had loads of fun with Rising, but it definitely has the feel of "making the best of a bad situation" about it.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Each and every one of these are wrong.

They might be your favorite or whatevs, but, y'know, opinions and things.

If they're my opinions, then HOW ARE THEY WRONG?

HUH?

EXPLAIN THAT ONE TO ME MR MAN

AppleMIX

Think about this for a second.

Would you want Platinum to make a game like Silent Hill? Or how about the Walking Dead? Or anything that isn't a action game?

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Think about this for a second.

Would you want Platinum to make a game like Silent Hill? Or how about the Walking Dead? Or anything that isn't a action game?

You know that this thread is somewhat tongue-in-cheek, right?

Radec

PG is a hit and miss for me.

Bayonetta = Loved it
Vanquish = Hated that turd
Anarchy Reigns = I Didn't even cared to watch a youtube vid about it.
Revengeance = Fantastic

Fewr

Best evening gown? Platinum Games

Best swimsuit? Platinum Games

Best national costume? Platinum Games

SteeloDMZ

Banned
PG is a hit and miss for me.

Bayonetta = Loved it
Vanquish = Hated that turd
Anarchy Reigns = I Didn't even cared to watch a youtuve vid about it.
Revengeance = Fantastic

I don't think Vanquish is OMG greatest TPS ever, but man, is so not a turd! It had amazing gameplay for sure. The shooting and the sliding was butter smooth.

Top Bottom