• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Atlantic: 'The Real Reasons for Marvel Comics’ Woes'

Bendis' run on Ultimate Spiderman wasn't that long ago...

I don't, I think writing for trades is inherently problematic (see my earlier posts).
I just disagree that it is the writers that are the bottleneck in getting a monthly book out on time, or that if there were sufficient changes made to encourage new readership by, say, asking for a 13 issue run of standalone issues with an overall arc in advance (12 'core' arc issues and one 'filler' 'bottle episode' that can be dropped into a run in case of publication hold ups) any of those writers would be more than capable of handling that workload over a year

I never said they were a bottleneck. I just said that over time, the generation of new story ideas has gotten watered down, probably by there being too many books to support.

MC Safety

Nope. You don't get to do that.

Marvel published it. They needed a fill-in artist for a couple of issues, because the main artist can't produce twenty pages of artwork these days without taking a couple of months off, so someone hired this artist to produce the necessary artwork for those fill-in issues. That artist then turned in horrible, rushed, poorly-drawn CRAP that should have been firmly and resoundingly rejected by anyone with a barely critical eye. Artwork that'd get you laughed out of the business for having in your portfolio.

Instead, these pages got a pass from the editor. They were colored and lettered and stamped with the Marvel seal of approval. They were sent off to the printers, and committed to paper and bound with staples. They went to the distributor, who shipped them to retailers nationwide, who displayed them on shelves next to offerings from other publishers. They stared at me from being their deceptive Guruhiru cover and $3.99 price tag, these piss-poor excuses for comic art, and begged "you bought this comic last month, please buy me too."

And I said no.

Not once. Not twice. Three times this sequence of events occurred. Three times this artist got work. Three times Marvel did this. And saying "oh well, it's just a filler issue" or "who cares, it's only Gwenpool one of their lowest selling comics" tells Marvel that it's okay to keep doing it because you let them.

I am totally with you.

There's no visual storytelling in the example you cited. The art doesn't do anything to advance the story or the characters. It's just bad, and asking people to pay real money for it is insulting.

And to say "it's bloody Gwen Pool!" as if that excuses anything is ridiculous. A comic should be accessible both in terms of its art and its story, or it shouldn't see print.

By the way, it's not just Gwen Pool. I remember reading Peter David's X-Factor run and seeing the regular artist (who was really good once!) produce work that looked as if he held the pencil in the crook of his elbow. And Grant Morrison's X-Men run was completely potholed by a good number of issues where the art was atrocious or worse.

Nope. You don't get to do that.

Marvel published it. They needed a fill-in artist for a couple of issues, because the main artist can't produce twenty pages of artwork these days without taking a couple of months off, so someone hired this artist to produce the necessary artwork for those fill-in issues. That artist then turned in horrible, rushed, poorly-drawn CRAP that should have been firmly and resoundingly rejected by anyone with a barely critical eye. Artwork that'd get you laughed out of the business for having in your portfolio.

Instead, these pages got a pass from the editor. They were colored and lettered and stamped with the Marvel seal of approval. They were sent off to the printers, and committed to paper and bound with staples. They went to the distributor, who shipped them to retailers nationwide, who displayed them on shelves next to offerings from other publishers. They stared at me from behind deceptive Guruhiru cover and $3.99 price tag, these piss-poor excuses for comic art, and begged "but you bought this comic last month, please buy me too."

And I said no.

Not once. Not twice. Three times this sequence of events occurred. Three times this artist got work. Three times the editor gave this artwork a pass. Three times Marvel did this. And saying "oh well, it's just a filler issue" or "who cares, it's only Gwenpool one of their lowest selling comics" tells Marvel that it's okay to keep doing it because you let them.

I do get to do that because it's not representative of their body of work.

KingV

Twenty pages of story, with artwork that looks like this.

AC56zQP.jpg

Someone in charge at Marvel thought this was worth $3.99 and published it. Not once, not twice, but three times.

Let that sink in for a minute or two.

And before someone cites extreme example, please. It carries their name, they're going to own that sh*t.

Damn, maybe I should draw comics.

I used to be an avid Marvel/DC reader for years. I bought all the major titles for both Marvel and DC. I lost my job and had to drop them all, but once I got another job, I transitioned to manga. The largest criticisms against American comics (Marvel/DC) are solved with manga.

1. Consistent story (one writer)
2. Consistent art (one artist - sometimes same person as writer)
3. Consistent medium

Each series should be its own silo - X-Men, Captain America, Thor, Iron Man, etc. Crossovers are cool, but leave that to video games and fan-fiction.

Marvel should establish a style or look that any artists should adhere to. Moreover, the writer should be a committee instead of a single person and fit a pre-determined style established for each book. This also eliminates copyright claims since we know Liefeld created Deadpool, but if Liefeld was part of a committee, he couldn't claim ownership as easily.

I don't have a problem with crossovers, but they need to be drastically cut down on. And Iron Man popping up in Spider-Man for an issue or two shouldn't be something that an Iron Man-only reader has to be read up on in the middle of Tony's own story. If it is, just summarize what happened at the beginning of the following Iron Man issue.

Hell, the MCU should almost be the blueprint here for how to handle crossovers. You don't HAVE to watch all the previous movies to understand what's happening in any one movie for the most part (you obviously won't appreciate it quite as much, but anyone saying you can't follow the plot and enjoy the movie at all is a liar). Some stuff, the audience should just be allowed to fill in themselves. Treating us like we're stupid isn't a good thing.

Seems to me like the things that internet people want comic books to be are not the things that people that don't buy comic books want to read.

The result of pushing to sell more comics to the base rather than to expand the base, over decades of time.

Want to sell more books?

- Cross them over, get current fans to buy more comics to get the whole story.

- Expand the storyline, get current fans to buy more comics to get the whole story.

- Put out more titles in a franchise, get fans of the franchise to but more comics to know what's happening with related characters (and then cross over all the dranchise books!)

- Relaunch a title, get stores and collectors to get the new #1 issues for their collection.

- Sell variant covers to appeal to collectors

These are all the major marketing moves of the last couple of decades, none of which expands the readership-- and in fact pares it down to the people most tolerant of those practices.

Weevilone

Constant line-wide crossover events, reboots, and books getting cancelled after two issues caused me to stop reading the majority of stuff from the big two years ago.

Most of my money goes to Image and Valiant these days.

I still read a bit of their stuff, but FAR less. Every time they do another massive crossover that is a repeat, or simply not interesting, I kick titles to the curb. All the Inhumans stuff, Civil War, etc.

Lois_Lane

Seems to me like the things that internet people want comic books to be are not the things that people that don't buy comic books want to read.

Maybe they should stop making their comics an incomprehensible dense mess so the people on the internet can read it. I loved Ms. Marvel but dropped the series because in the motherfucking next edition I was told to find a completely different book to have to understand the story.

Fuck.

That.

I still read what you call "internet things"(meaning actual diversity and not being sexist/racist creeps) but in indies. Saga/Faith/ Into the Woods/God Shaper are all doing fine from what I can see and they are way more socially progressive than the Big Two are.

I am a person who should be their prime target:

- 32 years old
- Disposable income
- Into the MCU movies and other stuff like it

However, I have no intention of wading through the layers of bullshit they have accumulated over the years. I want to invest in a long-running story and character(s), not have to figure out which 18 different series I need to piece together along with various cross-over events.

I'm having that issue and I've loved comics since I was a kid. I still can't get a hold on how the xmen stories even worked. I tried to jump on with the baby hope story and all that and just figuring out what to read was so god damned convoluted I just gave up.

9/10 times it is always art.

Notable exceptions are Kevin Smith and JMS

Also, Grant Morrison. I remember Sean Gordon Murphy getting really pissed that people blamed him for delays when he was churning out pages like a fucking machine but constantly waiting on Grant's scripts.

Nothing is representative of their entire body of work, that is a pretty specious criteria to place on evidence. That work does represent a clear minimum which they are willing to publish and sell and it is perfectly rational for critics to say that it is far too poor in quality for the industry leader to be putting out.

But it is representative of the problem with their process and current business model. One of the recurring issues is "There are too many ongoing comics". That has the side effect of continually watered down or derivative story-lines and needing to farm out art work to less-qualified web-comic tier artists.

It wouldn't be so much of an issue if this was a one-off mistake. But it hasn't been. Gwen-Pool is just one example of how supporting 70+ issues a god damn month has lead to dramatic slips in quality, in both writing and art, for the past couple of years particularly and for the past decade or so overall.

While one comic may not be representative of their body of work, it's still an example that either they have given up giving any fucks about quality control altogether OR their internal resources are spread way too thin to maintain their untenable (and unwanted) versioning and release cycle. Neither of those are particularly good.

Reading old Marvel comics from the 60's is wild compared to the stuff today. I was checking out the early Stan Lee & Jack Kirby Fantastic Four. Each issue is split into three chapters, tells a complete story, usually at an insane lightning pace.

It was kinda amazing how much they stuffed a single issue with. Pretty much everything I knew about Dr. Doom's origin was first told in like half a page worth of panels. They even travel back in time and become pirates for a while in that same issue. All that for 12 cents back then, though I'm not sure what that'd be today w/ inflation.

Feels like what they'd fit into a single issue back then is now stretched out to a year's worth of comics sometimes, so reading a single issue often feels like nothing happens. Of course, it probably isn't quite fair to compare any normal comic to Stan Lee & Jack Kirby basically creating the Marvel universe, and the early 60's were very different from today, but just at a basic structural level the differences are huge.

That's with comics in general. Back then multi-issue arcs were extremely rare both across DC & Marvel. These days everything has to be big & epic spawning multiple issues.

Between Marvel and ComiXolgy Unlimited + Hoopla, my comic buying has completely gone into the shitter. I was buying a decent amount of Marvel Print a few years ago when Star Wars launched, but once I got into digital comics, I realized how much money I was spending each month on issues that I read and then stuffed into a box somewhere anyway (I'm not a collector).

Now the only comics I really buy are from the smaller labels, and even those I tend to wait for sales. Since I upgraded to a 12.9 iPad Pro last month, I never see myself going to print again, and unless Marvel starts lowering prices, there's no reason for me not to just wait 6 months and read it on Unlimited. $4-$5 an issue for digital content is a bit steep. I'd love a DC unlimited but a lot of their stuff is available on Hoopla so it's not too much of an issue.

I'm reading on a 9.7. Is reading on a 12.9 better?

Do people really care about the writers behaviour off the pages? I'd have thought most don't as long as they like what is on the page.

I mean imagine if this were any other company.

Consumer: I had a bad experience at Wendy's.
Wendy's: Hey fuck you man! Punching Nazis isn't cool! TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP!

(Combo of Spencer, Van Sciver, and Slott here)

Do people really care about the writers behaviour off the pages? I'd have thought most don't as long as they like what is on the page.

I don't, really. I like Ethan Van Schiver's art but his political views are toxic.

I think that's kinda secondary to the actual marketing discussed at the top of the article.

Twenty pages of story, with artwork that looks like this.

AC56zQP.jpg

Someone in charge at Marvel thought this was worth $3.99 and published it. Not once, not twice, but three times.

Let that sink in for a minute or two.

And before someone cites extreme example, please. It carries their name, they're going to own that sh*t.

Jesus. I bought the first two Gwenpool trades and loved them. Not looking forward to more if that's what's in the future.

SuperOrez

I know I'm dumb as shit for buying singles instead of waiting for trades but this stuff always gets spoiled if I wait. I only but like 3 titles anyway. I do wish I could read more but theres just too much out there.

Lois_Lane

Inconsistent art is one of my major problems with my current favorite series, the Ultimates. First issues had Roccafort and it was incredible.

Last week was the absolute worst, look at those ridiculous faces.

What was happening in the second pic?

giphy.gif

I feel like I'm gonna lose my mind getting invested into another series that only lasts 9 goddamn issues.

It's pretty much that mixed in with events 24/7. There's no reason to even start a series that'll barely be around and when it is around it'll barely be about that character(s) within that series' theme because oops they're sucked into another event.

Slayven

gonna finish reading this piece later, good stuff so far

so glad you're pointing this out, i see them linked elsewhere like no one's aware of this...didn't they have a "diversity" tab or something like that just to slag on it or am i remembering it wrong

It's pretty blatant, but i only seen it talked about on minority nerd media.

Machine

So, with many of the above arguments in mind (and I agree with a lot of the criticisms), are there any current books - or writers, that are good at telling single issue stories?

I know Planetary was mentioned. Astro City is another. It's still a great book after all these years and it's mostly one-and-done stories with the occasional multi-part story.

Let writers be able to do whatever they want with their story without having to worry about years of universe building.

With Spider-man 2099 Peter David seems to have been given his own sandbox to play in. He doesn't appear to be required to participate much in cross-overs or events. It used to be that way when he was doing X-Factor as well. Not many other writers at the big 2 seem to get left alone like that.

Inconsistent art is one of my major problems with my current favorite series, the Ultimates. First issues had Roccafort and it was incredible.

The Gwen Pool example is just awful but this seems more like a mismatch of styles and general mismanagement, than just bad art.

I don't think the faces in the second example are badly drawn actually. They are pretty on point anatomically and the acting is pretty good too.

The problem is that the art is stylistically divergent, clearly rushed, and relatively lacking in detailed color work. A style shift can work when it is intentional and meaningful, but here it just seems like fill-in work, and that clearly carries over to it being rushed and unpolished.

Man there are some terrible takes in this thread. Mandate all artists use the same style? Superheroes should be for kids only? No crossovers ever? What? You guys have any idea how many incredibly cool stuff we'd have missed out on over the years?

Marvel (as opposed to the industry as a whole, I'll get to that in a sec) has... call it 3 primary issues. Constant relaunches/renumberings (because they're addicted to that new #1 boost, and are unwilling to call a mini a mini), massive event oversaturation, and intense talent drain They've literally been in the middle of one event or another for the last... God, 3 years? It's exhausting. And watching a lot of their best artists and writers go to Image or DC sure as hell hasn't helped. But these are not industry wide problems. They're not even really issues with Marvel's creative side,its all about editorial at this point.

The primary industry issue is the direct market, and that one's a lot harder to deal with, but it doesn't have anything to do with the "make it exactly like manga" hot takes. They need to get their books back in places that arent dedicated comic shops. Fortunately, digital is relieving the pressure on that front.

RS4-

I can't even bother when some issues are nothing but filler for 95% of it.

A few bucks to read what amounts to like 2 pages of content. No thanks.

And then some of the bigger stuff that require you to read like x number of issues spread across y series, them multiply that by however long the arc is for.

And TWD is just lol. I borrow a few issues at a time to see what nonsense it's up to.

Mossybrew

Gold Member
Personally, I don't read comics because I hate the way that they are released. A single comic is barely any content. You read it in a few mins and then wait a whole month or more for your next scrap of story.

Yep, the medium as is, just doesn't work for me. Four bucks minimum for something you are done with in literally ten minutes or less. It's just not satisfying and it's an awful value for your dollar.

3) Too many storylines no one asked for and too many covers that still depict comics as immature, sexist garbage. We literally have parents and children come into the shop and take a look at some of the new release covers and walk out. Like that one where Harley Quinn is literally ripping off her shirt and her larger-than-her-head tits are popping out the top of a bullet-proof corset. Or that one where Batgirl looks like she's about to blow the Penguin. Or the one where Lex Luthor is trying to rape new Superman. Or the one where Nightwing is literally the villain's dick. This shit happens every god damn week. With major characters. That's not even counting all the other crazy one-offs we get from lesser known publishers and comics. Even when people get past that, you then have story arcs that no one is interested in. With the success of the MCU and the relative popularity of the DCCU, everyone and their grandmother are looking for comics related to the movies - if even in the slightest. Well, there really aren't any. And then they ask what this hero is doing in this comic and we're like... "Oh, yeah, Captain America is in Hydra now." and they either scoff and walk out of the store or... go pick up one of the trades that are actually relevant to the current popular non-comic stories.

It's not really just Marvel either. We've had way more cancelled subscriptions than new ones in the past 6+ months. And I mean way, way more. Marvel is just the one taking the biggest hit - but really, no one is making a product that appeals to anyone but their most devoted fans. For every new release, new run, or new take on a character that generates the slightest bit of traction outside of staple readership, they make a dozen missteps that drive those very same readers back away from the medium.
I came into comics the opposite way like many people. Was a fan of the Xmen, Spiderman, and Batman cartoons in the 90s. Even really liked Teen Titans in the 2000s. Then I read the comics and it's kind of embarrassing. Teen Titans the show is kid friendly yet has its dark moments, but the comic's Starfire was so ridiculously sexualised and treated that I was put off.
offensive-starfire.jpg

4_AMAZING_SPIDER_MAN_601.jpg

The female characters are sexualised to the nines unlike the cartoons, there are just some messed up and gross stories that think they're being edgy like with all the rape stuff, and none of it is mature like advertised. Thankfully now it's not as bad but there are still issues with how women are dealt, which maybe comes down to writers and artists who grew up on those kind of sexist comic writers' works, now writing and illustrating the stories. I can only still read Batman, Black Panther, Wonder Woman, and Ms Marvel Kamala Khan in terms of superhero comics. Thankfully, there are always loads of great graphic novels made even despite declining sales numbers for issues.

I came into comics the opposite way like many people. Was a fan of the Xmen, Spiderman, and Batman cartoons in the 90s. Even really liked Teen Titans in the 2000s. Then I read the comics and it's kind of embarrassing. Teen Titans the show is kid friendly yet has its dark moments, but the comic's Starfire was so ridiculously sexualised and treated that I was put off.
offensive-starfire.jpg

4_AMAZING_SPIDER_MAN_601.jpg

The female characters are sexualised to the nines unlike the cartoons, there are just some messed up and gross stories that think they're being edgy like with all the rape stuff, and none of it is mature like advertised. Thankfully now it's not as bad but there are still issues with how women are dealt, which maybe comes down to writers and artists who grew up on those kind of sexist comic writers' works, now writing and illustrating the stories. I can only still read Batman, Black Panther, Wonder Woman, and Ms Marvel Kamala Khan in terms of superhero comics. Thankfully, there are always loads of great graphic novels made even despite declining sales numbers for issues.
To be fair about the Starfire bit, she's always dressed like that and there was also a comic in the style of Teen Titans Go when that comic was out. So it's not like they weren't also marketing to people who like the cartoon.

On a completely different topic. I have Marvel Unlimited. Is Comixology unlimited worth it since they added marvel titles or is it just some bullshit?

On a completely different topic. I have Marvel Unlimited. Is Comixology unlimited worth it since they added marvel titles or is it just some bullshit?
Depends on what you dislike about MU. CU has a lot of stuff from smaller pubs at higher resolution, but if you're looking for new books day and date you're out of luck.

On this note, everyone here in the US should check out their local library and see if you can get Hoopla through them. It's totally free and they've got a nice selection. They've got most of the DC Rebirth first volumes now.

Man, I hate that stupid debate about the Bombshells.

1) Book pokes fun in one issue at over the top radical leftists after 1.5 years of continuously going after radical rightists, in a plot that still revolves around lampooning and rebuking Ann Coulter.

2) Subsection of said twitter leftists read this as "tone deaf" blanket statement on all diversity movements ignoring what the whole series up to that point had been about.

3)They then proceed to "how dare you, privileged white male" in a way that totally underscores his point.

Abounder

Banned
I stopped giving them money after I found out what a Republican supercreep Perlmutter is.

rtrleight452169-h_2016.jpg

And with all the blame on diversity, it's no wonder that the MCU film studio only features super white guys as leads for like 17x consecutive blockbusters. There's gotta be some serious drama and clash of ideals behind the scenes, and Trump's side seems to be winning. Also doesn't help that they don't really own X-Men who would undoubtedly be a much bigger focus otherwise, and are practically designed to tackle today's social issues.

Other than that Marvel's oversaturated, low quality, too expensive, and inaccessible.

ZeoVGM

Banned
The constant #1s was one of the most frustrating decisions I've seen them make. It can be helpful for new readers once in a great while. Not after every damn arc. I believe they started putting the year under the issue number on Avengers comics at one point.

If you have to do that, there's a problem.

I believe Marvel said they're going back to legacy numbering this fall, thankfully. It's so much easier to follow if you're able to just follow numbers in the order they're meant to be in.

And if they advertise a new issue properly with a new arc and/or creative team, the people will show up. It doesn't need a #1.

God, I hate this so much.

I also don't hate Slott as a person. He can be good writer as well. But we seriously need new blood on Spider-man.

Slott's ASM is one of the consistently performing comics that Marvel has so I'm not sure where that idea comes from.

jph139

Man, I hate that stupid debate about the Bombshells.

1) Book pokes fun in one issue at over the top radical leftists after 1.5 years of continuously going after radical rightists, in a plot that still revolves around lampooning and rebuking Ann Coulter.

2) Subsection of said twitter leftists read this as "tone deaf" blanket statement on all diversity movements ignoring what the whole series up to that point had been about.

3)They then proceed to "how dare you, privileged white male" in a way that totally underscores his point.

Yeah, I really liked the ending there - where Sam talks about how as he got older he got quieter, and more willing to compromise, and how young guys like Rage pushing the envelope is important.

Spencer writes a really nuanced Sam Wilson. A guy who is pulled between his responsibility as Captain America to keep the peace and promote unity, and his responsibility as a prominent black man to stand up against injustice and fight the good fight.

Shame he's such a jackass. People don't read his work, he gets pissy on Twitter about his critics, they double down, he doubles down, and we all just wasted our time.

ZeoVGM

Banned
I stopped giving them money after I found out what a Republican supercreep Perlmutter is.

rtrleight452169-h_2016.jpg

This is the epitome of ignorance.

There are Trump supporters in nearly every single company. Refusing to give Marvel money because one of their high ranking employees is a Trump supporter is absolutely childish. Based on that logic, you'll need to stop buying every single product you buy.

And considering Marvel as a whole is a very liberal company, from the film division, to its actors to the writers and artists, it's just a ridiculous complaint.

Kurdel

Banned
The Gwen Pool example is just awful but this seems more like a mismatch of styles and general mismanagement, than just bad art.

I don't think the faces in the second example are badly drawn actually. They are pretty on point anatomically and the acting is pretty good too.

The problem is that the art is stylistically divergent, clearly rushed, and relatively lacking in detailed color work. A style shift can work when it is intentional and meaningful, but here it just seems like fill-in work, and that clearly carries over to it being rushed and unpolished.

Totally! Some of the other artists that have done issues did shit human faces, but had amazing Cosmic shit. It's just jarring to have such an uneven production.

Man the shock I got going from issue #13 to issue #14 in OML

Oh yeah, before the pics loaded I thought "must be that Dracula issue" and sure enough lol

Depends on what you dislike about MU. CU has a lot of stuff from smaller pubs at higher resolution, but if you're looking for new books day and date you're out of luck.

On this note, everyone here in the US should check out their local library and see if you can get Hoopla through them. It's totally free and they've got a nice selection. They've got most of the DC Rebirth first volumes now.

I love Marvel Unlimited. I'm just not familiar with comixology unlimited and it it's worth the money or if it can replace MU.

Holy shit, yes. I couldn't believe what I was seeing, it was random low-tier webcomic art. I was sitting there thinking "I totally could have done better than this" and all I do is doodles in spiral notebooks.

Like come on, Marvel. I'll even work for half price just to keep Ultimates going.

Marvels marketing is basically, change a character 99.9% of the time for a non storyline reason and have blogs berate long time readers with weeks of "Suck it fat white male virgins, Spider Man is now a lesbian Yugoslavian trans woman!" while the writer makes fun of you on twitter and then be unable to figure out why no one wants to spend 5$ a pop on it.

I love Marvel Unlimited. I'm just not familiar with comixology unlimited and it it's worth the money or if it can replace MU.
I have no idea why but I read your post totally wrong lol.

It definitely can't replace it. MU's back catalog is MASSIVE. It's a great value. CU I good for dipping your toes in other publishers' output, though.

ZeoVGM

Banned
And with all the blame on diversity, it's no wonder that the MCU film studio only features super white guys as leads for like 17x consecutive blockbusters. There's gotta be some serious drama and clash of ideals behind the scenes, and Trump's side seems to be winning.

That isn't happening. Perlmutter has no impact on the movie division anymore.

They cast white guys because the heroes in the comics that they're using are mostly white guys. If you want to argue that they should have changed those characters to something else other than "white male," that's fine but it's another argument.

But we're getting a freaking Black Panther movie in less than a year and Captain Marvel the following year -- both of which are planned to be big series for Marvel as they start to lose their original actors.

MU is good just for the weekly updates, too. I've been keeping up with Marvel for like two years now for $10 a month. Yeah, with a 6 month buffer, but hey, there's new stuff every Monday and it's not like six months is THAT far off. And I read basically everything unless I really hate it. Reading everything new would be like $300 a month!

Slayven

What little I read of the site, I haven't ever seen this. I just read something where they mildly slag Dave Sim for homophobia. Am I missing it? Or is it a comments/forum thing?

They would regularly point how diversity is bad, and how SJWing this character was.

Top Bottom