• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The "Berenstain" Bears. Is my brain broken?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LQX

You're not alone. I remember it being "Berenstein" and I don't give a fuck what any one says. Ruined our fucking Dinosaurs now they're trying the same shit with the Berenstein Bears.

Syncytia

not like this

DtXlzrY.jpg

Pretty much sums up how I feel.

MIMIC

Banned
I read about this online a couple of days ago (and the first page of posts suggests that it has been discussed here before, although I never took part of those discussions).

ElRenoRaven

Am I just losing it or did we not have this very thread a couple months ago? I'm talking OP being word for word the same and all.

Xe4

Banned
Bernstein is a more common name than Bernstain, so it causes a lot of mis-remembering. I feel bad for the authors and anyone called Bernstain.

Confusion about the name is hardly a new phenomena, qnd has existed ever since the books were first written.

The One and Done™;227524471 said:
The hell is this timeline business

People came up with some off the charts theory explaining a printing error for books that were printed well over three decades ago that are no longer in print and are hard to find to verify the printing errors that occurred and became a subverted memory from their childhoods now that all the new print run versions of the books have been printed correctly.

Yep.

The Beard

It was unconventional spelling when your brain was too young to notice anything unconventional.

Now your mature brain is placing conventional spelling onto your memory.

Kr0ni

Neo Member
All I know is in The Office Season 8 Episode 11 "Trivia" the team name used is the "Queerenstein Bears." By my calculations entrusting Wikipedia's information, we changed timelines sometime after the original air date of January 12, 2012.

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
I've looked up the tallest buildings in the world soooooo many times, and this building didn't exist until 4 days ago. I'm sure of it. We're in a simulator and someone is fucking with me.
5rv9b.jpg

BHK3

Banned
I hate that this is even called the Mandela Effect...like him being in jail and then getting out is a talking point in history, as well as him dying a few years back, pure ignorance is the only explanation.

ElFly

People came up with some off the charts theory explaining a printing error for books that were printed well over three decades ago that are no longer in print and are hard to find to verify the printing errors that occurred and became a subverted memory from their childhoods now that all the new print run versions of the books have been printed correctly.

Yep.

I guarantee most people thinking it was "Berenstain" do not do so due to seeing the wrongly printed books

they are just misremembering

nomster

I've looked up the tallest buildings in the world soooooo many times, and this building didn't exist until 4 days ago. I'm sure of it. We're in a simulator and someone is fucking with me.
5rv9b.jpg
The tower at Mecca? That's been all over the internet for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom