• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Big Bang Theory Season 8 |OT| Penny Got a Haircut

Status
Not open for further replies.
So excited for this. Comedy over the fall season is going to be amazing. With TBBT along with South Park we're going to be in for some epically funny nights. Is anyone going to make the South Park OT? It premieres on September 24 so I would have thought we'd see an OT on GAF by now. I would make it myself but I'm still a Junior so therefore cannot.

Anyone feel up for making a South Park OT too?

Maddocks

From my understanding OT's are usually made 1 week before the shows premieres. So the South Park OT should be going up Tuesday-Wednesday.

But pretty excited for the new season, I do hope that they do something with Raj. it needs to be his time, everyone else has moved on or is moving on with his life and frankly all he has done in 7 seasons in terms of growth is be able to talk to women. That is it, his work situation has been the same since what season 4? time to have him do something that isn't be pathetic.

Krixeus

From my understanding OT's are usually made 1 week before the shows premieres. So the South Park OT should be going up Tuesday-Wednesday.

But pretty excited for the new season, I do hope that they do something with Raj. it needs to be his time, everyone else has moved on or is moving on with his life and frankly all he has done in 7 seasons in terms of growth is be able to talk to women. That is it, his work situation has been the same since what season 4? time to have him do something that isn't be pathetic.

Isn't that basically the running joke for all the characters?

Ah right okay cool. Yeah you're right I remember Evilore stating that OTs have to be one week prior to the air date. Cool then. The South Park OT should go up in the middle of next week. I'm happy with that. As for TBBT this is going to be an amazing season. I can feel it. They've been on a roll for years now so I'm almost certain this will be an awesome run of episodes.

Can't wait for the premiere.

cpVLhJB.jpg

Hate the short hair, but I hate short hair on women in every case so doesn't matter who it is. Excited for the new season, the last was hilarious! I think this and Brooklyn 99 are my two favorite comedies even though they are so different.

Does Penny have a job now other than working as a waitress? Haven't watched in a couple seasons.

According to some spoilers out there, Penny
gets a job as a sales representative for Bernadette's company, and is actually really good at the job. She starts becoming successful and more mature, which throws a curve into her relationship with Leonard since he isn't used to her being successful.

I like that direction actually, as it is a situation that couples would go through.

The Cowboy

According to some spoilers out there, Penny
gets a job as a sales representative for Bernadette's company, and is actually really good at the job. She starts becoming successful and more mature, which throws a curve into her relationship with Leonard since he isn't used to her being successful.

I like that direction actually, as it is a situation that couples would go through.
So basically,
they are doing the Ross and Rachel thing from friends? this sounds almost exactly the same (same job switch, causing a relationship issue etc) .

Joni

So basically,
they are doing the Ross and Rachel thing from friends? this sounds almost exactly the same (same job switch, causing a relationship issue etc) .
If you only look at the big lines, yes, but looking at the spoilers,
the reasons are completely different. Penny just starts acting differently while with Ross you had the Mark thing

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
My sister has been marathoning seasons 1-7 these past few weeks so ive heard nothing but the theme tune over and over again and im sick of it
that being said Im quite excited

Just a quick note everyone it's a double premiere on September 22 so two episodes on the night. "The Locomotion Interruption" followed by "The Junior Professor Solution" both airing on the same night. A double premiere to kick off the season just like last year.

Interestingly going by the title of the first episode we should see the conclusion of
Sheldon's departure at the end of last season
so that should be cool to see.

So excited for this season. One of my favourite shows ever TBH.

Malvingt2

Big Bang Theory' star Kaley Cuoco explains why she chopped off her long locks

Cuoco-Sweeting reveals that the cut wasn't inspired by her new wife-life or her new career on TBBT. Rather, she chopped her locks (which have been relatively the same since she burst on the scene in the '90s) for a movie she was filming this summer in New Mexico (indie drama Burning Bodhi). After making the change, she offered to wear extensions on TBBT, but the producers were "on her side" and wrote it in.

http://www.glamour.com/entertainment/blogs/obsessed/2014/09/big-bang-theory-penny-haircut

Ah right okay cool so the haircut's only temporary. Good to know. Hopefully she'll be back to her blonde and stunning self later on in the season. By the way does anyone feel like doing the OT for South Park? We're just over a week away now and I'm still a Junior so don't have the capability to make the thread. Anyone?

Maddocks

If he wasn't made completely pathetic I might agree to you.

But I'm pretty tired of him and Raj being the losers now that everyone else got together.

been saying it for years. Don't get why they made stewart a complete idiot when it comes to ladies. I mean he asked penny out, she enjoyed it, even kissed her. Then took out amy and she was enjoying it, sure some of it was only to tease sheldon, but still.

And Raj... don't get me started. Like I said earlier in the thread, why is he the only one who has remained a loser with no character growth. Honestly, what has he done beside learned how to talk to women without drinking? Time for his character to do something this season.

Dereck

And Raj... don't get me started. Like I said earlier in the thread, why is he the only one who has remained a loser with no character growth. Honestly, what has he done beside learned how to talk to women without drinking? Time for his character to do something this season.
He's dated two women and has had a girlfriend for longer than one episode.

What more do you specifically want to see from Raj this season?

Maddocks

He's dated two women and has had a girlfriend for longer than one episode.

What more do you specifically want to see from Raj this season?

not be a pathetic loser. We have howard who was a pervert and horn dog to a married man, Every character on the show minus Stewart and Raj. have grown as a characters. Penny went from waitress/actress to a full blown actress to pharm. sales person. The two aliens of the show Sheldon and Amy have grown so much as characters you can't even recognize them from their introductions. Lenny, well, no comment on him.

Raj is....I need love, I suck at women....7 years of that. Sick of his character not moving at all. Stewart on the other hand grew, to only fall like a man without a parashot. Those are the two characters that need to grow this season into something that is not "Why can't I find love?" All we know is that raj had sex, but we don't know if they are going to make it an actual relationship. Character growth is all I ask, nothing big, just something for them to do.

not be a pathetic loser. We have howard who was a pervert and horn dog to a married man, Every character on the show minus Stewart and Raj. have grown as a characters. Penny went from waitress/actress to a full blown actress to pharm. sales person. The two aliens of the show Sheldon and Amy have grown so much as characters you can't even recognize them from their introductions. Lenny, well, no comment on him.

Raj is....I need love, I suck at women....7 years of that. Sick of his character not moving at all. Stewart on the other hand grew, to only fall like a man without a parashot. Those are the two characters that need to grow this season into something that is not "Why can't I find love?" All we know is that raj had sex, but we don't know if they are going to make it an actual relationship. Character growth is all I ask, nothing big, just something for them to do.

Agreed. Every character has evolved substantially except for him. Hopefully the writers have given him a decent arc this season.

Dereck

This runs along what I was thinking, thanks

So anyone want to speculate on what will happen to Sheldon? Evidently he left last season for an extended period of time. Do you think the writers will maintain that or just find some way of getting him back with the regular group? Personally I think he'll probably return in some hilarious way right at the beginning of this upcoming season. There's just no way they're going to leave Sheldon out of the initial run of episodes.

What do you guys think the writers will do?

Zoe

Speculation shouldn't be under spoilers, it gets hard to distinguish between speculation and true spoilers.

Especially when detailed taping summaries are out for the first four episodes already.

I know Penny has implants but what about the other girl?

Also, I had heard that the actress that plays Amy was in a serious accident. I guess not that serious?

Speculation shouldn't be under spoilers, it gets hard to distinguish between speculation and true spoilers.

Especially when detailed taping summaries are out for the first four episodes already.

Ah right okay. I'll edit my previous post then. I just didn't want to annoy anyone who may not have caught up with the last season yet. It ends on quite the cliffhanger so I wasn't sure whether to spoiler tag the speculation or not for those that haven't seen it yet. Duly noted.

I know Penny has implants but what about the other girl?

Also, I had heard that the actress that plays Amy was in a serious accident. I guess not that serious?

Penny has implants? Well that's news to me. I thought they were real. Guess she felt like she had to look super attractive to land a starring role. Can't blame her really given TBBT was her break out role after years of acting and that was down to pure luck in terms of the series becoming mega successful.

I always thought she should have had a more successful career. TBBT seems to be her only legacy.

Zoe

Ah right okay. I'll edit my previous post then. I just didn't want to annoy anyone who may not have caught up with the last season yet. It ends on quite the cliffhanger so I wasn't sure whether to spoiler tag the speculation or not for those that haven't seen it yet. Duly noted.

General rule of thumb in TV-GAF OT threads is once it airs on the east coast in the US, it's fair game going forward. Knock yourself out with past seasons in here, but don't expect to go spoiling this season in a season 6 thread.

General rule of thumb in TV-GAF OT threads is once it airs on the east coast in the US, it's fair game going forward. Knock yourself out with past seasons in here, but don't expect to go spoiling this season in a season 6 thread.

Ah okay cool. Thanks for the advice. Wasn't sure on the exact rules so good to know. I was just trying to be responsible with my account since I love this place. I'll take your advice on board though moving forward. It's helpful actually because now I can talk about what happened to Sheldon without worrying about whether to spoiler the text. So yeah. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom