• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Big Bang Theory Season 8 |OT| Penny Got a Haircut

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh man I feel for you. Can't you just VOD that shit the night it airs? TBBT is available on VOD almost instantly right?

I haven't had cable for years. Antenna all the way, and iTunes season passes for shows I want to own.

Also, currently living in a hotel (with cable) for a few weeks while our new apartment is being built.

I know there are certain other means to watch the show, that I will neither confirm nor deny that I have done in the past. But I won't dare try those while on hotel wifi.

Having said that, once my wife and I move into the new place in a few weeks, we are getting cable. Because it is the first time in years we can afford it.

I haven't had cable for years. Antenna all the way, and iTunes season passes for shows I want to own.

Also, currently living in a hotel (with cable) for a few weeks while our new apartment is being built.

I know there are certain other means to watch the show, that I will neither confirm nor deny that I have done in the past. But I won't dare try those while on hotel wifi.

Having said that, once my wife and I move into the new place in a few weeks, we are getting cable. Because it is the first time in years we can afford it.

Ah right cool. I understand completely now. I think it's pretty cool that you're living in a Hotel. I'd like to try that temporarily some day. CBS has full episodes of TBBT available on its website though I'm not entirely sure how fast the new episodes get uploaded there. You could check the CBS site on the night though and see if they upload the premiere.

Ah right cool. I understand completely now. I think it's pretty cool that you're living in a Hotel. I'd like to try that temporarily some day. CBS has full episodes of TBBT available on its website though I'm not entirely sure how fast the new episodes get uploaded there. You could check the CBS site on the night though and see if they upload the premiere.

First off, living in a hotel ain't all it's cracked up to be. I have cabin fever something fierce. Probably worse than the cats. It is also bugging me only having a two eye range to cook on and not a full stove. Sigh.

But, I will check CBS.com though. Everything else my wife and I missed this past week is HULU Plus only, or you have to validate the site with a code from your cable provider. Bastards.

The double premiere is tonight! 8pm EST which converts to 1am GMT early this morning for those in the UK. I think I'm going to stay up late to watch it. Love this show.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Kaley looks good in the screenshots from this season, but in this video, she looks less good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5SIm6-A1IY

You know I've never noticed it before but she sounds very similar to Jennifer Lawrence
I like the hair, it looks a bit scruffy there but she looks great with it

Also good for her for taking those leaks in her stride, must have been pretty horrific

Tabris

Honestly, I'm so torn on TBBT as a viewer.

Pros:

- They never go all the way, but like Community, they give you a glimpse into autism and the challenges people have dealing with it.
- Kaley is cute (this may need to be a con now with that short hair).
- I have an invested interest in Leonard as a character. It's like rooting for the underdog. Unfortunately sounds like writers are going to screw him again this season.
- Some of the jokes can be funny at times (not audience funny, but smirk or small chuckle), but some jokes fall into the cons area which is my biggest issue with TBBT.

Cons:

- The "nerd black face" element. Not at all comparable in offensiveness to actual black face, but that was the only term I could think of to convey what TBBT does. This seems to have lessened a bit last season, but still has that element of "Ha ha, look at the nerds doing nerd things. NERDS!!" (imagine me saying that as Ogre from Revenge of the Nerds)

Am I the only one who thought that, at the end of the first episode, the iCloud mention from Sheldon and the silver lining line from Leonard was a nod to the recent nudes leak?

Silver Lining Playbook

Also, the end of the second episode was some blatant product placement. "It's not even Easter!"

Enjoyed both though thought the second one was much stronger than the first. First one started off hilarious with the Sheldon opening and then was just "okay" for the rest of its runtime. Still though I had fun with both and am so glad the show is back. The second one was really good actually in retrospect. Among one of their best episodes IMO. Classic TBBT.

As for Penny's haircut I think she looks much less attractive now. I naturally prefer super feminine girls though with long shoulder length hair so I guess I'm biased.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Second was definitely better than the first
Nice to have it back

Aiii

So not worth it
Short hair on women that look amazing with long hair makes me a sad panda.
I am sorry for being shallow.

Malvingt2

Enjoyed both though thought the second one was much stronger than the first. First one started off hilarious with the Sheldon opening and then was just "okay" for the rest of its runtime. Still though I had fun with both and am so glad the show is back. The second one was really good actually in retrospect. Among one of their best episodes IMO. Classic TBBT.

As for Penny's haircut I think she looks much less attractive now. I naturally prefer super feminine girls though with long shoulder length hair so I guess I'm biased.

The second episode was really good. Amy doing her thing was amazing. Sheldon and Howard segment was just lol

T6rrojK.jpg

Who wins?

Rauch has a damn fine pair on her. Cuoco just has the overall package advantage. Everything about her is top notch.

Both hot of course.

I actually missed the premiere though. Will have to catch up on it

bbt is getting really shit now, even last season was very meh. the characters have become stale and everything is very predictable, maybe they should end the show now.

bidguy

Banned
my god the hair looks terrible hahaha

reminds me of miley cyrus. should we expect her to follow down the same path ?

bbt is getting really shit now, even last season was very meh. the characters have become stale and everything is very predictable, maybe they should end the show now.
You're crazy. Last season was easily one of the funniest if not the funniest, but I did think last night's were just ok. Regardless I'm glad it's back and even though last night's were just ok in my mind there were still plenty of laughs, all I really want out of this show.

You're crazy. Last season was easily one of the funniest if not the funniest, but I did think last night's were just ok. Regardless I'm glad it's back and even though last night's were just ok in my mind there were still plenty of laughs, all I really want out of this show.

i havnt had a laugh out loud moment in ages, i only enjoyed 1-2 episodes last season. the earlier seasons are much better imo

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Just watched the first 2 eps, I really enjoyed it

and Penny still looks fine as hell with short hair

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom