• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth - Release Date Teaser (October 30)

NotLiquid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LU-oejwVNAM

http://bindingofisaac.com/post/128587755599/devils-night-afterbirth-update-23
Here we go! sadly though due to the chaos of pax and other issues on the steam side we arent able to take preorders just yet, but it will happen pretty soon and those who preorder will get a considerable price reduction ;)

so here is the nitty gritty!

Afterbirth is a mega DLC for the binding of isaac: rebirth, that adds another 100+ hours to the game alongside an amazing number of extra features.

- Greed Mode: a whole new game mode with a heavy focus on risk/reward that is a completely new way to play featuring new endings and a final boss.

- Expanded main game: a new final area has been added to the main game along with another new final boss and ending.

- Daily Runs: compete for highscore / best time on the leader boards in these daily seeded runs.

- 10 totally new and awesome challenges

- 1000+ new rooms, as well as new tiny rooms, closets and giant arching hallways.

- a totally new playable character, Lilith, mother of demons.

- 120 new items! not counting tons of new pickups, chests, pills, bombs, cards etc. taking the item count up beyond 525!

- 4 new alternate chapters with new chapter specific enemy types, visual themes, and surprises.

- a new seed code combo page, as well as a butt ton of new seed codes that mod the game.

- a greatly expanded soundtrack!

- new room types like, trap rooms, double treasure rooms, and ultra rare closets!

- a greatly expanded and updated hud system

- tons of new secret transformations

- 8 new bosses

- 25+ new enemies

- updated item combo system

- far too many new achievements

- 20 million new co-op babies

-and probably at least 5 other features i cant remember due to all the crap that we threw into this little monster.

trust me when i say, this dlc makes rebirth feel like a completely new game… its rare that i design a game that i really look forward to play testing daily. you guys will really love it!

for those that missed the trailer, Afterbirth comes out on steam oct. 30th (Devils Night). it will retail for 9.99 but preordering will take a considerable chunk off.

we dont have a set release date for consoles, but tyrone demoed afterbirth at pax on a ps4.. so it cant be too far off!

hopefully next week will be a preorder update! what would you guys like to see/hear more about next week?

Just_one

VERY disappointed that no release date was announced for PS4/PS VITA :(

hopefully it will come out before christmas...

im just sad and disappointed :( :(

Reset

I guess I should try to get Real Platinum God before this is released. But it's taking forever for me to get Bandage Girl/Meat Boy. :(

FHIZ

Oooooh, didn't know dailies were being added. I'm not great at this game, but I am a sucker for that feature.

So now that nicalis aren't required to have a day and date release for Europe at the same time as NA since this won't be on PS+, how long do you reckon Europes version will be delayed?
I'm betting into 2016.
Meanwhile, NA will get some horrible gamebreaking glitch in this version that won't be fixed for months.

You know, the whole nicalis package.

NotLiquid

So now that nicalis aren't required to have a day and date release for Europe at the same time as NA since this won't be on PS+, how long do you reckon Europes version will be delayed?
I'm betting into 2016.
Meanwhile, NA will get some horrible gamebreaking glitch in this version that won't be fixed for months.

It will probably be released the same week as NA on Sony platforms. Nintendo platforms most likely not. The Sony versions were mostly stable though.

Hell yeah.

Anyone got an OT subtitle? I haven't come up with anything yet.

|OT| Greed and a Prayer

cyba89

I'm betting into 2016.

Aww damn. Your probably right.
Will have to stick to the pc version first then.

MrPanic

I'm betting into 2016.

I think it's a save bet that Afterbirth on pc will be released before I can play Rebirth on my eu n3ds. I kinda lost hope they'll release the n3ds version ever tbh.

In for afterbirth on ps4 (and hopefully on the vita), vita is by far my preferred way to play.

I'm not buying on 3DS until you fix the unlocks...

Sölf

Haven't played Rebirth that much (probably because I played the original so often), but I will probably but this anyways and spent several hours in it again. :'D

jonjonaug

I guess I should try to get Real Platinum God before this is released. But it's taking forever for me to get Bandage Girl/Meat Boy. :(

I gave up and used Cheat Engine for those after playing through the entire rest of the game without using it. Even when playing in a way to aim for these achievements you have a 0.3% chance on any playthrough of getting either one of them.

Nere

I really love this game but I play it on vita so will be waiting for the DLC to be released on vita.

Hypron

There are a couple of ways to do it without relying on chance too much. The way I did it was to grab the habit and the undefined. I used the latter to get to the error room in the chest and replay it continuously until I found Pyromaniac and the monster manual. Then I basically just hurt myself on a fire to recharge the monster manual and kept on using it until I made both SMB and bandage girl (it took a long time). I used pyromaniac to heal myself.

That involved reloading saves though so not applicable if you want to do it legit.

Nzyme32

Pretty much an instant buy. I pour endless hours into these games, and always enjoy the new content they bring. Following the blog, they have some really great things in Afterbirth

Dingotech

Eep I'm only 41% complete on BoI:R....

Depending on the discount for Vita I may buy it at launch, we will see.

Are they going to have an option to play with or without the DLC enabled?

zulux21

while I can appreciate the release date choice, I was hoping it would release earlier since it seemed mostly done at this point, especially since this month isn't all that dangerous to my wallet while next month I am spending way to much money @_@

DangerMan

Banned
Fix the broken versions of the game (Wii U, New3DS, Xbox One) and give them the DLC for free as an apology for charging people for a broken game. Isaac on New3DS looks so nice and clean and the C-Stick works like a charm for it but it better still be getting supported.

Also the 3DS e-shop has false advertising claiming it is playable in 3D which it is not. Add 3D support to the New3DS version or remove that clause from the e-shop.

Hero

So since I got this for free on PS Plus what happens with the DLC for it? Like if my sub lapses can I not play it anymore?

ElTopo

Banned
Haven't played this in a very long time. I think I got about 75 hours into Rebirth and about 200 hours into the original. Will pick up the DLC.

Top Bottom