• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth+ releases 17 Mar 2017 for the Switch

unrealist

Looks like some people are getting it already :D

ClBTBdS.jpg

IjjByfq.jpg

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.

://///

Oh well, it's not like the current Switch library needs to be bolstered or anything.

When my fridge has more games than the Switch I cry a bit inside.

Don't care how 'easy' it is to set up a separate account and spread out my purchases across several regions.

Though I guess localization is a difficult endeavor for a publisher like Nicalis.

*grumpyMcGrumps*

Defect

Made the mistake of changing the card on my preorder and now I'll probably get my copy in October. :mad:
Try contacting live chat support.

://///

Oh well, it's not like the current Switch library needs to be bolstered or anything.

When my fridge has more games than the Switch I cry a bit inside.

Don't care how 'easy' it is to set up a separate account and spread out my purchases across several regions.

Though I guess localization is a difficult endeavor for a publisher like Nicalis.

*grumpyMcGrumps*

You don't need a separate account with a different region. Just change your region on your main account at accounts.nintendo.com, buy the game, change region back. It's that simple.

unrealist

You don't need a separate account with a different region. Just change your region on your main account at accounts.nintendo.com, buy the game, change region back. It's that simple.

After you change your region back, will the game still be considered in your library for future download?

Deja

Looking forward to playing this! Had a couple of games on PS4 when I was visiting a friend, and I loved it. Big props to casey_contra for hooking me up with a copy.

Defect

After you change your region back, will the game still be considered in your library for future download?
The game will forever be attached to your account. Now I'm not sure if you'd have to change your region to the one you bought the game with.

So it might only be an issue if you buy region exclusive games. But not that big of a deal since it is so easy to change your region to redownload.

kinberg

Neo Member
Ok so swapping regions with my nintendo account was waaaaaay easier then I initially thought it would be.

All you have to do is sign in to your account, swap region to US (or whatever region you want to purchase games in), press save and presto: you're done!

Thanks to everyone pointing that out in this thread, completely slipped my mind that the Switch is region free.

Ready for tomorrow, even though I'd really like to have the physical version, the downloadable will have to suffice for now :)

Ok so swapping regions with my nintendo account was waaaaaay easier then I initially thought it would be.

All you have to do is sign in to your account, swap region to US (or whatever region you want to purchase games in), press save and presto: you're done!

Thanks to everyone pointing that out in this thread, completely slipped my mind that the Switch is region free.

Ready for tomorrow, even though I'd really like to have the physical version, the downloadable will have to suffice for now :)
Just remember that your wallet will be wiped, not a problem if your CC is accepted though (can pay exact amount).

Robin64

This removes any funds in your account, though.

Craft

Fair point, but I can't believe any adult would have funds just sitting there. That's what credit cards / debit cards are for no? Who buys point cards and isn't a teenager?

I'm in my 30's and I do... I usually just pick up a bunch when they go on sale.
Can usually get around 10% off Nintendo credit from CDkeys.
Playstation & Xbox credit usually have ridiculous sales at various stores sometimes upto 50% off.

Protome

Fair point, but I can't believe any adult would have funds just sitting there. That's what credit cards / debit cards are for no? Who buys point cards and isn't a teenager?
If the Switch's eShop was a functional modern online storefront you might be close to having a point. As it stands, if you are going to buy multiple games you need to put your card details in for each individual game, so buying a set amount of funds up front is easier and faster.

LiamR

Recently, I had some store credit at a game shop, so I used that to buy eshop cards instead of paying on my card. Just one possible scenario.

Me, thanks. My income isn't high enough to get a credit card so I don't really have a choice.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.

Ah ok, thank you for educating me. If it is indeed that simply to buy cross region and simply have it on my main account (btw, any indication from Nintendo that they may revert on this or even take it to another level and remove licenses from or even ban accounts?) then I should definitely stop complaining and get it :).

On that note, would some kind individual please direct me to an idiot proof guide on how to purchase cross region on eshop? <3

hiim_haz

Banned
You unlock items that can then be obtained on future runs. There's also a victory lap feature that lets you keep almost all of your stuff when you start over.

Essentially, the hook is that you play through a run with a certain character to a certain outcome and when you complete it, a new item gets added to your randomized pool of power-ups, trinkets, weapons and pickups. So when you play the next time, your randomized pool of potential outcomes is expanded by one... and keeps growing and growing and growing until you have an almost limitless range of possibilities.

That's the hook that keeps you coming back for more.

Oh wow that's cool! That basically means there's going to be hundreds of hours of play time if you truly want to see everything the game has to offer.

deadfolk

Nicalis are really leaving money on the table with a delayed EU release. Things are pretty spartan right now so people are looking for things to buy.

By the time it comes out here, they're going to have a lot more competition.

Oh wow that's cool! That basically means there's going to be hundreds of hours of play time if you truly want to see everything the game has to offer.

Exactly! If you look at the previous page you can see that there is a boss that my noobish ass hasn't even seen. Plus there is a good amount of more content in this vs. Rebirth.

I seriously can't speak more highly of this game. I probably sounds like a broken record but there is just so much to see.

jonno394

Combined with that, Binding of Isaac is the epitome of "one more run" in my opinion. The vast majority of my play time will probably occur in bed, and it means I won't be going to sleep anywhere near on time for a while.

You start a run, fuck it up, but the urge to have another go just to see what power ups you get and how far you can go forces you to play again.

ViolentP

Amazon hasn't shipped yet which is a bit concerning but since I will be buying a digital copy anyway I'm not going to stress it.

Top Bottom