• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT13| Kimba is the New Blacked

Sorry, all..I've got to find a better place to drop my bullshit. I promise to do better.

Everyone should work a year in retail or custormer service

The world would be a better place
Eckerd drugs. Hated their Christmas tape with all of my being. And in a very $$$ area..definitely not my favorite job.

Slayven

Sorry, all..I've got to find a better place to drop my bullshit. I promise to do better.

Eckerd drugs. Hated their Christmas tape with all of my being. And in a very $$$ area..definitely not my favorite job.

It is cool man, we are here for you.

Eckred drugs? Haven't seen them in a minute.

Eckred drugs? Haven't seen them in a minute.

Old man stores for old men. No joke: October of 2014, I hit a True Value hardware store on US-1 (Dixie hyw? In homestead..y'all Miami folk know the one) to grab some supplies..was fixing up a friend's mom's place..nigga is the most ain't shit dude I know. As his brother and I are walking out the door, I notice they had an Eckerd drugs composition book, and started laughing hysterically. I asked "How? How do y'all still have these things?" The owner's wife showed us the biggest stacks I'd ever seen.

Seems dude bought a bunch of shit from multiple stores as they where shutting down, and was insistent on keeping his written records on his Eckerd composition books..fucking hilarious.

akira28

It's not bullshit, Gordo.

I remember that place. You know I hear stories about how you could get a milkshake there and this and that. And I was always like wow I wish I could have, then I remember they probably wouldn't have served me anyway, hahah.

Slayven

Old man stores for old men. No joke: October of 2014, I hit a True Value hardware store on US-1 (Dixie hyw? In homestead..y'all Miami folk know the one) to grab some supplies..was fixing up a friend's mom's place..nigga is the most ain't shit dude I know. As his brother and I are walking out the door, I notice they had an Eckerd drugs composition book, and started laughing hysterically. I asked "How? How do y'all still have these things?" The owner's wife showed us the biggest stacks I'd ever seen.

Seems dude bought a bunch of shit from multiple stores as they where shutting down, and was insistent on keeping his written records on his Eckerd composition books..fucking hilarious.
I heard people like that, they hear a store is closing and they like a product so much they buy out the whole store just o have a decade supply.

They closed the last Winn Dixie around here 2 years ago, felt like and end of an era

I heard people like that, they hear a store is closing and they like a product so much they buy out the whole store just o have a decade supply.

They closed the last Winn Dixie around here 2 years ago, felt like and end of an era
Ha. Seems Winn Dixie is still going plenty strong in Dade county. Well..last I saw. But there's only 1 where I'm staying right now. Ain't even worth driving there for the savings. The money folks around here are all about that Publix..

John Boyega properly telling you negroes how to start your weekend. Be more like His only begotten son JC..... and be less like.....our JC.

tumblr_o2gg342Sqk1qkzwxno2_1280.png

Bubba T

Funny thing is your boss is usually worse than the customers.

True, although my immediate supervisor wasn't bad. Everyone seemed to hate the Ops manager because she was a hardass, but she didn't really bother me.

If I didn't get fired over some bullshit I probably wouldn't of gotten into banking.

Shy

I'm having an alright day. Check a message I got on PSN. Oh, look. My son is playing Dark Souls II on PS3 RIGHT NOW..makes sense! Today was not the day for this shit..
Jesus, i'm so sorry to hear that Gordon. You should never have to read something like that.

Slayven

Ha. Seems Winn Dixie is still going plenty strong in Dade county. Well..last I saw. But there's only 1 where I'm staying right now. Ain't even worth driving there for the savings. The money folks around here are all about that Publix..

publix is only for the first of the month. And I won't even fuck with Whole Check(Foods)

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Everyone should work a year in retail or custormer service

The world would be a better place

You'd hope. I've seen people that have had those jobs still be shitty to other people.

There was a study done that said people are less likely to be assholes if they can see themselves in a mirror. Might only work in person unless voip becomes mandatory with your own facetime like reflection window.

had to work overnight last night (and again tonight) and wrote for the first time in 3 months. Had nothing in my head and just forced myself to put pen to paper to kill time
fuck i'm rusty

Nikkas we made it
Allowed to be changing our minds
Claiming everything is just fine
Then surprising the blind
To all the terror in reality and our eyes
Magnify our voices to decibels like AOL online
Wood choppers, using our phones as logs
Rugged, climbing these laws and barriers
Running because their less afraid than if we marched
No King to follow unless we're going to see Gordy - The Entity
New years resolution for us all
To change the world before the end of thee
Hack the planet, right click that exe
The more shit changes the more they yell "Stop resisting"
Hands up don't shoot, "Stop bitchin"
Post to YouTube or twitter, "stop snitching"
Cousin giving to Creflo, "Stop wishing"
#AllWhiteEverything, "Quit ditching"

Numb

True. But, hey, at least they went with something other than white (though I won't lie, the dark skin+white hair look has grown on me).

Too much light hair is combined the rare times they are there.
Forget about having the features even. Sad but expected
Not a fan as you see
had to work overnight last night (and again tonight) and wrote for the first time in 3 months. Had nothing in my head and just forced myself to put pen to paper to kill time
fuck i'm rusty

Nikkas we made it
Allowed to be changing our minds
Claiming everything is just fine
Then surprising the blind
To all the terror in reality and our eyes
Magnify our voices to decibels like AOL online
Wood choppers, using our phones as logs
Rugged, climbing these laws and barriers
Running because their less afraid than if we marched
No King to follow unless we're going to see Gordy - The Entity
New years resolution for us all
To change the world before the end of thee
Hack the planet, right click that exe
The more shit changes the more they yell "Stop resisting"
Hands up don't shoot, "Stop bitchin"
Post to YouTube or twitter, "stop snitching"
Cousin giving to Creflo, "Stop wishing"
#AllWhiteEverything, "Quit ditching"
real nice

Numb

What about dark skin, bright blue hair? :|
Or amaranthine hair?

Light meaning silver/white/blonde. The majority is always these
Blue,red,purple etc etc there is no issue. Could be considered highlights or fantastical or something. Black is always better but you won't have that nearly as much you want. Especially when anime-style

Too much light hair is combined the rare times they are there.
Forget about having the features even. Sad but expected
Not a fan as you see

I feel you. Personally, having seen so many minstrel-show-looking black characters in anime growing up, I'm willing to embrace the dark skin/light hair trope for now. The sameyness and lack of identifiable black features isn't ideal, but it feels like a small step forward at least.

Numb

I feel you. Personally, having seen so many minstrel-show-looking black characters in anime growing up, I'm willing to embrace the dark skin/light hair trope for now. It's not ideal, but it feels like a small step forward at least.

Still fighting a losing battle here
Always crossing fingers when hearing about them to not be what expected. Lost more times

hypernima

Banned
Funny thing is about the Cosby thing was that he thought Bill Cosby did it(Listen to Facts)

He sees that he pretty much got away with it and just followed suit. Just seems Naive on his part.

Bitch is a weird ass term of endearment in hip-hop though...

i aint heard facts i think, i feel like the "its a part of hip hop" thing rappers do is lazy and hypocritical when they say they there for black women or women in general.

somethings gotta give but i guess thats too big a wish.

Mizerman

I feel you. Personally, having seen so many minstrel-show-looking black characters in anime growing up, I'm willing to embrace the dark skin/light hair trope for now. The sameyness and lack of identifiable black features isn't ideal, but it feels like a small step forward at least.

That is sadly true. I would hope that something changes in the future.

Still fighting a losing battle here
Always crossing fingers when hearing about them to not be what expected. Lost more times

That is sadly true. I would hope that something changes in the future.

Maybe, maybe not, but it feels like there's stuff to be optimistic about. We've got LeSean Thomas making his anime pilot with Satelight in Japan. Felipe Smith did his manga with Kodansha a few years back. While technically not anime, the Avatar shows and Steven Universe have had a solid array of diverse brown/black characters. And there have been a handful of anime (SAO, Soul Eater) that had black characters than broke the mold.

It feels like we're starting to make a tiny dent in anime/anime-style entertainment. I'm not expecting any huge strides, but I think our representation definitely has the potential to improve because of it.

Numb

Levels...

I just found out bs eeing a commerical on tv. No buzz at all.
Never heard of it before now

Maybe, maybe not, but it feels like there's stuff to be optimistic about. We've got LeSean Thomas making his anime pilot with Satelight in Japan. Felipe Smith did his manga with Kodansha a few years back. While technically not anime, the Avatar shows and Steven Universe have had a solid array of diverse brown/black characters. And there have been a handful of anime that had black characters than broke the mold.

It feels like we're starting to make a tiny dent in anime/anime-style entertainment. I'm not expecting any huge strides, but I think our representation definitely has the potential to improve because of it.
One can hope

i aint heard facts i think, i feel like the "its a part of hip hop" thing rappers do is lazy and hypocritical when they say they there for black women or women in general.

somethings gotta give but i guess thats too big a wish.

You also got to realize he's a black celebrity and they kinda have this mind set that white people are out to get them(which to a degree is true.) Which is why so many black celebs defended him in the first place. It's one of those issues where truth isn't really clear but despite that, I'm always on the potential victims side.

Top Bottom