• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT13| Kimba is the New Blacked

andthebeatgoeson

HA! Excellent.

My bad, man. And congratulations.

And this week in Black History:

Ca8I6zjUkAIWX1a.jpg:large

Damn, those names. We found the first hood nicknames.

andthebeatgoeson

So, I tried to give Bernie credit and felt like he just needed more time. He needs to stop acting like being an 'outsider' gives him carte blanche to fuck up.

'I'm sorry but how are you going to make race relations better? Where you asleep for the past 8 years?'

Is this the great white hope we've been waiting for?

Malyse

So, I tried to give Bernie credit and felt like he just needed more time. He needs to stop acting like being an 'outsider' gives him carte blanche to fuck up.

'I'm sorry but how are you going to make race relations better? Where you asleep for the past 8 years?'

Thread is as expected.

Y'all missed Seneca Village :\

Also, I added a lot more things in there as well.

andthebeatgoeson

Thread is as expected.

I think I've hit my limit. Glad I'm on vacation next week. Hope to just disconnect from the phone and maybe even gaf.

I think I am an Obama stan. But below the surface level, I'm really irked by his approach to Obama. I've read a few articles that suggest there is a dislike between them. Probably born out of him not being a democrat and trying to suggest a primary in 2012. But hey, it's the presidency. You get to make those power moves when you win 2 elections, etc. But going after Obama seems like a death knell. Obama is in a much better position than 2012 or 2014 to be seen as a successful president by his party.

Malyse

I think I've hit my limit. Glad I'm on vacation next week. Hope to just disconnect from the phone and maybe even gaf.

I think I am an Obama stan. But below the surface level, I'm really irked by his approach to Obama. I've read a few articles that suggest there is a dislike between them. Probably born out of him not being a democrat and trying to suggest a primary in 2012. But hey, it's the presidency. You get to make those power moves when you win 2 elections, etc. But going after Obama seems like a death knell. Obama is in a much better position than 2012 or 2014 to be seen as a successful president by his party.
I find it interesting how everyone just breezed past me pointing out that Trump also said he would be better to the blacks than Obama.

I think my favorite is the peoplw actually arguing that primarying Obama would have been a great thing

Saw a post on Tumblr saying "Fuck Democrats, Fuck Republicans, Vote Independent."

With Bernie plastered on the back, Change style.

I gotta say this is reaching 2008 levels of cultism at this point.

hypernima

Banned
Man I like the production of Kanye's new CD but I really can't get down with his idiocy (B****H as a term of endearment in hip-hop, the cosby tweet and talking about bourgeois control while still perpetuating the themes and being apart of it.)

I don't usually have problems separating artist from art but I think I might just skip this one.

Malyse

Saw a post on Tumblr saying "Fuck Democrats, Fuck Republicans, Vote Independent."

With Bernie plastered on the back, Change style.

I gotta say this is reaching 2008 levels of cultism at this point.

We passed 2008 about 3 months ago.
Man I like the production of Kanye's new CD but I really can't get down with his idiocy (B****H as a term of endearment in hip-hop, the cosby tweet and talking about bourgeois control while still perpetuating the themes and being apart of it.)

I don't usually have problems separating artist from art but I think I might just skip this one.

No such thing as bad publicity.

hypernima

Banned
We passed 2008 about 3 months ago.

No such thing as bad publicity.

Yea, but the problematic messages get made normalized to other impressionable people.
Ignance is bliss I guess. But then again to quote bill cosby

"They put nigga in a song and we get up and dance to it"

god this sucks cause i love ratchet shit so much lol

Funny thing is about the Cosby thing was that he thought Bill Cosby did it(Listen to Facts)

He sees that he pretty much got away with it and just followed suit. Just seems Naive on his part.

Bitch is a weird ass term of endearment in hip-hop though...

I'm having an alright day. Check a message I got on PSN. Oh, look. My son is playing Dark Souls II on PS3 RIGHT NOW..makes sense! Today was not the day for this shit..

I feel like I missed the boat on this somewhere. I mean there was that old Ruff Ryders song "I need a Ride or Die Bitch" but I can't think of any rappers calling their wives/SOs bitches.

Jay-Z did it Tom Ford with Bey in the background.

Like I said its weird as hell.

And of course you always hear rapper say my bitch here and there. It's a term of endearment but the men use it in a misogynistic way like they are referring to pets.

Top Bottom