• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT19| - You Still Can't Say Tanned

Status
Not open for further replies.
There were more than those two. Prinny did mention Humble Bundle does those, one of y'all gave me a Sega Collection from Steam. The NES Classic Mini is one and then we'll get another one this year with SNES Classic mini. In PS2 there was Street Fighter Anthology and then we get other shit like Super Mario All-Stars which I think was also released for the Wii, people like Naughty Dog offer packages with all 3 Uncharteds and so on. Everybody can't hop on that though. People like us are in the minority so they probably don't feel that the costs might not be justified. I think sometimes there might be licensing issues too.

I would invoke dark arts and summon cthulhu if it meant we got a Def Jam Dual pack for PS4 and Xbox One. But like you said, licensing issues.

The one I had was for PS2. I also forgot I had two of the FF ones too. Never got Origins like I wanted to. Shit, also forgot I got Kingdom Hearts 1.5. I got a good few of these actually.

Also Sonic Mega Collection for ps2, gamecube and Xbox. And the mega man collection. Mega man x collection....hmmm. grand theft auto trilogy....what else?

Aizo

Banned
Thanks for the welcomes.
well at 3 am in the morning on my ass is probably where I need to be :p

I'm not bringing out the whisky and lemonade when I'm just going to sleep on it.

Aizo: your question was a good one, i just don't have any answers that wouldn't come from long discussion.
I'd enjoy reading a long discussion from everyone in here about it. haha

Also Sonic Mega Collection for ps2, gamecube and Xbox. And the mega man collection. Mega man x collection....hmmm. grand theft auto trilogy....what else?

The Need For Speed Collection

51RFK7ZCQBL.jpg

This was a long time ago though and PC only. I never purchased it because I already had 4 of those games.
It's also missing the the first game.

Decided to check out Occupy Avengers' Secret Empire Tie-In
Deadly Nightshade is Nighthawk now because Kyle got gunned down by HYDRA while he was off duty.

akira28

well we start way back in 1920s moving into the 30s with Louis Armstrong. One of the more prominent black faces in media. He was in the "talkies". He was on the radio, later on television. He is a very important start with seeing black faces instead of just hearing black voices.

edit: they made Hawk guy all Hipster twee and I hate him now. He used to be a cagey carnie with a bow and crazy arrows. But then he became this purple dawsons creek hero-hugbear.

Faustek

Morning fam.
Spidey was actually great. Loved how not reading up on who would be in the film was such a great surprise and boon to me. Fun anecdote, dude behind complaining that Aunt May is too young and should at least be around 50....Marisa Tomei is 52 :D And not sorry to say whoever auntie it was that looked like her. Your auntie is beautiful. Marisa Tomei has just gotten more beautiful in my book.
But all that excellency in the movie. The diversity...who the fuck did they kill to make that happen? Seriously? Do we have an empty kindergarten somewhere now?
Man I need to re-watch the movie asap.
About suiting up though
where he has that cheap ass but kickass looking homemade suite and looks down in the puddle where his mask is. I can't remember from which comic that was and I'm ashamed. I kinda remember it but I just can't for the life of me remember where it was. fill me in if you can, please.

Great to hear that it made so much more money. Here's me hoping Sony learned from Feige.

I need to start reading again and Imma start with that book.

Posting from Mexico. I say I come to visit family but the truth is that I visit so I can eat my weight in Tacos.

Sounds like a solid idea. Remember that humans can't die from overeating.

Between this and gamestop. People be eatin real easy. Salty i missed out on the $2 link nendoroid, my girl would have loved that

Tell me about it. Only thing I regret is not turning in three of my 3ds games to make my final amount bigger so I could put it towards a switch, but I'm happy with what I got though.

Faustek

Haven't even given Secret Empire a shot. Civil War II kinda killed it for me.
I just don't care when my characters have to follow suite and be forced into this arc that has nothing to do with them. smh

Call me Miles
finally kills Cap or that Comic cube girl restores whatever because we know it's coming.

Slayven

well we start way back in 1920s moving into the 30s with Louis Armstrong. One of the more prominent black faces in media. He was in the "talkies". He was on the radio, later on television. He is a very important start with seeing black faces instead of just hearing black voices.

edit: they made Hawk guy all Hipster twee and I hate him now. He used to be a cagey carnie with a bow and crazy arrows. But then he became this purple dawsons creek hero-hugbear.

My hate for "Hawkguy" could ignite a billion billion stars

akira28

they were like "yeah lets lure Nighthawk into this crossover title...he'll be completely safe....i mean it's cool. big event, he just got cancelled and he's still invited to the big event? that's respect right?"

Nighthawk was planning to be off that week.

Shy

Morning fam.
Spidey was actually great. Loved how not reading up on who would be in the film was such a great surprise and boon to me. Fun anecdote, dude behind complaining that Aunt May is too young and should at least be around 50....Marisa Tomei is 52 :D And not sorry to say whoever auntie it was that looked like her. Your auntie is beautiful. Marisa Tomei has just gotten more beautiful in my book.
But all that excellency in the movie. The diversity...who the fuck did they kill to make that happen? Seriously? Do we have an empty kindergarten somewhere now?
About suiting up though
where he has that cheap ass but kickass looking homemade suite and looks down in the puddle where his mask is. I can't remember from which comic that was and I'm ashamed. I kinda remember it but I just can't for the life of me remember where it was. fill me in if you can, please.

Great to hear that it made so much more money. Here's me hoping Sony learned from Feige.
Morning.

Glad you liked it.

Morning fam.
About suiting up though

I need to start reading again and Imma start with that book.

Sounds like a solid idea. Remember that humans can't die from overeating.

In a odd twist watch it be Sony that demanded the diversity. But they expected a bunch of tanned Japanese people

Faustek

Morning.

Glad you liked it.

Morning, actually considering going to it again. There's definitely something I've probably missed and I enjoy finding out for myself instead of watching breakdowns :)

In a odd twist watch it be Sony that demanded the diversity. But they expected a bunch of tanned Japanese people

Actually had that discussion as well. Those Sony emails really didn't paint Sony Pictures in a good light but at the same time they had a lot of movies with interesting diversity so I chucked it up to assholes that deserve a beating and better casting directors.

Man, I have no idea what to write about myself for this tinder profile. This is harder than writing my resume

You looking to get laid or something else? When I cared I literally wrote that I wanted a few hours and nothing else. Seemed to work fine. Just be honest. Will be better for all parties.

Else just follow the Doboy vs Teddie ADD sketch 😁

I didn't know you're a wrassling fan.

I like it from a distance same way I like sports anime rather than the sport itself. When it's put through a slightly exaggerated lens, I can really get into it. But I think the last time I legitimately sat down to watch a full match on like the USA Network or something was in middle school and that was around the same time I last played a wrestling game with a friend (Something on the GameCube more than likely). Couldn't name a single modern day wrassler though. Even casual Wrassle-GAF runs circles around me. Could see Fire Pro spurring me to pick up an interest in the sport again.

-----

To jump to a completely random topic however, were there any black gaffers who were fans of the Dragon Warrior Monster games? Me and my cousin used to play those in between Pokemon releases. Found out about this game called Siralim 2 which essentially seems like the modern equivalent on Steam & iOS. My issue with it though is how too often its creatures look like they belong in a commercial for 90's era Rad freaky toys you can use to creep out your sister. Gameplay makes up for a whole lot of that though.

Man why do so many GAFers overshare their sex life?

"Hello have you heard the good/bad news about my sex life today?"

Sometimes it's posturing. Sometimes people genuinely don't know how to keep some their personal business personal (Met many of this type more than "macho alphas" in my day to day shockingly). And generally people seem to like to talk about sex when they're pretty stifled on sharing sex talk IRL.

Faustek

Smiles and Cries, I got the book today. It's beautiful. Gonna gift it to my niece. It's probably way beyond her but she loves flipping through my gaming artbooks so this will fit her anyway.

Man why do so many GAFers overshare their sex life?

"Hello have you heard the good/bad news about my sex life today?"

People need to know the details. From how many greys to the number of lashes.

Sometimes it's posturing. Sometimes people genuinely don't know how to keep some their personal business personal (Met many of this type more than "macho alphas" in my day to day shockingly). And generally people seem to like to talk about sex when they're pretty stifled on sharing sex talk IRL.
I think it's mostly posturing imo. Why else would so many threads be nothing but random dude posters assuring each other that they all have big dicks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom