• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT19| - You Still Can't Say Tanned

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ay BCT I finally got around to watching Dear White People on Netflix. I've been a huge fan of the film and avoided the series because I thought it would just be stretching the movie's narrative across multiple episodes.

Couldn't have been more wrong. Only on episode 4 but damn. The levels this show hits.

Mornin' everyone.

Ay BCT I finally got around to watching Dear White People on Netflix. I've been a huge fan of the film and avoided the series because I thought it would just be stretching the movie's narrative across multiple episodes.

Couldn't have been more wrong. Only on episode 4 but damn. The levels this show hits.

If only more people actually sat down to watch it instead of just assuming things about it. But hey, thats their problem. Its a really good show, looking forward to season 2.

Faustek

I'm doing good. At work, but my laptop is not trying to help me accomplish anything. SMH.

This thread has some really interesting takes on freedom and liberation. You've been warned

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1404295

Ahh Read that earlier. Not the thread though. It isn't about a company dress code this time around. It's isn't about hooligans at soccer matches. It's about liberating women from making their own choices in public. Muslim women to be precise. smh

Ahh Read that earlier. Not the thread though. It isn't about a company dress code this time around. It's isn't about hooligans at soccer matches. It's about liberating women from making their own choices in public. Muslim women to be precise. smh

Of course, Because God forbid the idea that these women are making a conscious choice to express their religious beliefs.

And in the event that they are it must surely be because they've been brainwashed from the years of oppression.

Lot of experts on Islam but hardly any practitioners, participating in these conversations....I don't get GAF one minute it's all righteous talk and giving people freedoms and shit. But the moment someone express rights or freedoms make the majority feel uncomfortable they back peddle.

The hypocrisy man.

Why the fuck did so many people assume that shit?

The same reason everyone thinks that the death note movie is going to try and condense the series on two hours.

Production Studios and Executives suck and have scarred us with their adaptions from other mediums.

For every GoT theres a Dragonabll Evolution.

That ain't the same shit at all though. It's by the same motherfucker who made the movie and then you're comparing series into movies and not movies into series which in those cases always follow a different path: Terminator, Fargo, Black Dynamite, etc.

Thread is fine compared to the thread I linked in here

Really, that thread is fine to you, a bunch of dudes whining about a niqab that they never "had" or "chose" to wear; and "oppression" with which they otherwise wouldn't give a shit about when it isn't a part of their religion, which they probably judge people on that as well? Or is there a what thread is worse than the other Olympics now that I completely missed?

Beefy

Really, that thread is fine to you, a bunch of dudes whining about a niqab that they never "had" or "chose" to wear; and "oppression" with which they otherwise wouldn't give a shit about when it isn't a part of their religion, which they probably judge people on that as well? Or is there a what thread is worse than the other Olympics now that I completely missed?

Read what I wrote again man. I didn't say it was fine, I said it's fine compared to the thread I linked in here. The oppression of women being forced to wear it needed stopping. But instead of you know, trying to stop that shit, they have done a ban instead. Sad really

Here:

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1404279

Read what I wrote again man. I didn't say it was fine, I said it's fine compared to the thread I linked in here. The oppression of women being forced to wear it needed stopping. But instead of you know, trying to stop that shit, they have done a ban instead. Sad really

Here:

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1404279

I sure did, unless you're planning on editing it, what I got from it was "Yes, but oh look at the link I posted, its much worse." than what I said still falls in the, why even feel the need to compare one fucked up thread, up against another, especially if you already posted it in here?

Neogaf is fucked up majority of these people are fucked up or just trolling to be the most disgusting individuals for giggles. But eh, I ain't bothered, just trying to figure out why.

Beefy

I sure did, unless you're planning on editing it, what I got from it was "Yes, but oh look at the link I posted, its much worse." than what I said still falls in the, why even feel the need to compare one fucked up thread, up against another, especially if you already posted it in here?

Neogaf is fucked up majority of these people are fucked up or just trolling to be the most disgusting individuals for giggles. But eh, I ain't bothered, just trying to figure out why.

I compare most things. Both are shit threads (as is the hit and run one). But a dude coming across that bad in a thread is worse for me (or way more cringy). I guess I am use to people wanting to ban shit they don't understand.

Spinluck

Is JC still on GAF?

I saw his named mentioned a bunch in the Spider-Man comics thread and just realized I don't see him post anymore.

Shy

How's everything
Eh. Been better. But thank you for asking.

Looking for to seeing War For The Planet Of The Apes this week.
Though the cinema chain i go to are pulling a fuckerys, and there are no 2D screenings till Friday. *sigh*

Then next Friday i'm going to see Dunkirk in 70mm/IMAX (It'll be my first IMAX film)

So i at least have those two things to look forward to.

How about you. How are you keeping ?

andthebeatgoeson

Cos we stank.
I actually do. My wife rented a luxury tent (read: wooden shack) in Western NC. Rain water and an outside shower, complete with 1 lb daddy long legs, a toilet that incinerates everything, complete with smells, a fan, a fire pit and a dirty creek. And a grill.

Kept waking up because spider bro was looking at me. He disappeared last night. I thought he was activating Operation #467-A and B. I haven't smacked my face that hard since i woke up after election night. I need to leave my bags in the garage in case one of the spider bros hitched a ride.

I'm a city boy. Not made for this shit.

I'll be in my shower for an hour. You know how you get when you can smell your own ass? I was doing brief bird baths.

D i Z

I actually do. My wife rented a luxury tent (read: wooden shack) in Western NC. Rain water and an outside shower, complete with 1 lb daddy long legs, a toilet that incinerates everything, complete with smells, a fan, a fire pit and a dirty creek. And a grill.

Kept waking up because spider bro was looking at me. He disappeared last night. I thought he was activating Operation #467-A and B. I haven't smacked my face that hard since i woke up after election night. I need to leave my bags in the garage in case one of the spider bros hitched a ride.

I'm a city boy. Not made for this shit.

I'll be in my shower for an hour. You know how you get when you can smell your own ass? I was doing brief bird baths.

Sounds...divine.
You made it back in one piece and got some of that good air in your lungs. Mission accomplished.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom